• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode, so sad. He looked so alone at the end. The payback will be epic.

Apoc29

Yup, this show is god-tier.

Scarface has only appeared briefly in a few episodes and only opened his mouth in his last one and is still better than most TV characters.

Was cool to see Fusco pwning Martine without even knowing how dangerous she was.

I like Dominic as a villain. He's not as imposing as other villains tend to be, but his quiet and deliberate demeanor really enforces how much he's in control and not one to mess with.

Doorman

What I find most interesting about all of this, and even the discussion within the thread here points to it, is how well this show leads its audience emotionally. Taking a look back at all of these responses (mine included) lamenting the loss of Anthony, feeling for Elias, feeling excited about the prospect of him taking action against Dominic...

...Take a step back and think about what's actually happening here. We've become sympathetic towards the mastermind of New York City's criminal underworld. Someone who killed off all of his opposition, led a division of crooked police officers, threatened an infant's life to get information out of Reese, and much worse. He's spent time as one of Team Machine's primary antagonists, as well as a begrudging ally. He is by no means a good person...and now he has all of us rooting for him. Wild stuff.

What I find most interesting about all of this, and even the discussion within the thread here points to it, is how well this show leads its audience emotionally. Taking a look back at all of these responses (mine included) lamenting the loss of Anthony, feeling for Elias, feeling excited about the prospect of him taking action against Dominic...

...Take a step back and think about what's actually happening here. We've become sympathetic towards the mastermind of New York City's criminal underworld. Someone who killed off all of his opposition, led a division of crooked police officers, threatened an infant's life to get information out of Reese, and much worse. He's spent time as one of Team Machine's primary antagonists, as well as a begrudging ally. He is by no means a good person...and now he has all of us rooting for him. Wild stuff.

hank-shocked.gif

Speak for yourself. He's a great villain though. Enrico Colantoni always kills.

Yup, this show is god-tier.

Scarface has only appeared briefly in a few episodes and only opened his mouth in his last one and is still better than most TV characters.

Was cool to see Fusco pwning Martine without even knowing how dangerous she was.

I like Dominic as a villain. He's not as imposing as other villains tend to be, but his quiet and deliberate demeanor really enforces how much he's in control and not one to mess with.

I was really thinking they would kill Elias off to set up Dominic as a more imposing villain.
Thankfully they kept him alive and are using Dominic as a stepping stone to further build Elias.

So, I'm reading the io9 comments and I come across this bit:

Race?

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case. But this show has made me wonder at times. The killing off of Carter while substituting her with Shaw made me raise my eyebrow a little. Collier's character was very unlikeable; not only was his gang somewhat incompetent and morally questionable, but he ultimately was made to look like a fool by Greer. Meanwhile, white villains like Root, Fusco, and Elias get the full-on rehabilitation treatment (as well as steady acting jobs). I may be wrong, but CBS does seem like its shows are more "mainstream" than the other networks.

I'm only in eyebrows-raised-mode right now. I actually am a fan of Shaw; and I love Enrico Colantoni as an actor. Others have mentioned that there do seem to be moral limits that Elias has that Dominic does not. Still, why were they written that way in the first place? It's too bad, since POI does explore some great sci fi themes.

"Race?"

Maybe it's my old white guy kneejerk liberal guilt talking but I wonder about this too. Carter dies and, it's cool that they keep referring back to her to remind us what it's all about but, she is dead. Collier worse than dies. He's made a patsy and then dies. I like Elias too but part of me roots for Mini. I'd just like to see a long lasting black character in this cloak and dagger stuff.

Seems way off base. I thought Taraji wanted to leave the show to do other stuff, Alonzo Quinn was a pretty great villain, Cal Beechum was a good cop...

But lol? I dunno, this comment stuck with me.

Wiktor

S

Seems way off base. I thought Taraji wanted to leave the show to do other stuff, Alonzo Quinn was a pretty great villain, Cal Beechum was a good cop...e.

Yes. It;s bullshit. Carter had long fruitful arc, and Shaw is middle eastern. They also had plenty of variations in their villains. Those comments are bassicaly equivalent of "no black person should ever die on the show and no black person should be a villain".
And hell..Colier might have ended up as patsy, but he was a sympathetic one and HR boss was incredibly competent.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't understand why there is a bloody three week wait between now and the mid-season finale.

Go home CBS, you're drunk

should be 2 weeks, or "1 Tuesday without a show" Think it's back on the 9th.

Then it'll be off for a month+ cause no one wants new shows in the month of December!

Because December is 25 days of Christmas.

Don't want to get embroiled in the ongoing "hate" of Carter's Death and the calls of "Lack of Diversity" Adrian more or less hit it on the head. The show already has alot of diversity, with so many lead female characters, the rare Middle Eastern lead, and numerous large support roles that are Black and Asian (though, the show needs more Ken Leung, because all shows need more Ken Leung.)

I miss Carter, but it sounds like both a desire to do other things, and a planned ending for the character (her last arc was easily on the level of a suicide mission, and she almost pulled it off.) I don't quite like the previews of her new show, and don't like her early plot (convict out of Prison demanding "what's hers"). I really don't like her fans, as they seem to be the leaders on this anti-POI campaign (at least on the Neilsen Rating sites).

Chariot

The Person of Interest Christmas Special: Team Machine is surprised when their most recent number is no other than Santa Clause himself, who operates from New York for decades due better logistics. They are shocked when they realize that Martine and the Wild Hunt appear, who only targeted Santa to force Team Machine to appear. But in the times of greatest despair the Brotherhood appear as surprising allies. You don't fuck with them, you don't fuck with their business, but most of all: you don't fuck with christmas. Watch the enchanting finale where Martine, Dominic, Elias and Team Machine sing together, hand in hand around a big tree made of money and drugs. Except for Samine, who is outdoors, beating up everybody's goons - with a charming giant candybar.

Apoc29

The Person of Interest Christmas Special: Team Machine is surprised when their most recent number is no other than Santa Clause himself, who operates from New York for decades due better logistics. They are shocked when they realize that Martine and the Wild Hunt appear, who only targeted Santa to force Team Machine to appear. But in the times of greatest despair the Brotherhood appear as surprising allies. You don't fuck with them, you don't fuck with their business, but most of all: you don't fuck with christmas. Watch the enchanting finale where Martine, Dominic, Elias and Team Machine sing together, hand in hand around a big tree made of money and drugs. Except for Samine, who is outdoors, beating up everybody's goons - with a charming giant candybar.

Meanwhile, crotchety old man Greer is visited in the night by three ghosts who convince him that sharing is the true spirit of Christmas, and he happily hacks all ATMs in New York to spew out out cash like a fountain creating much joy and no hysteria whatsoever.

Don't want to get embroiled in the ongoing "hate" of Carter's Death and the calls of "Lack of Diversity" Adrian more or less hit it on the head. The show already has alot of diversity, with so many lead female characters, the rare Middle Eastern lead, and numerous large support roles that are Black and Asian (though, the show needs more Ken Leung, because all shows need more Ken Leung.)

I miss Carter, but it sounds like both a desire to do other things, and a planned ending for the character (her last arc was easily on the level of a suicide mission, and she almost pulled it off.) I don't quite like the previews of her new show, and don't like her early plot (convict out of Prison demanding "what's hers"). I really don't like her fans, as they seem to be the leaders on this anti-POI campaign (at least on the Neilsen Rating sites).

I doubt she wanted to go. Seems like a total story decision. The show dynamic was getting too cozy: into the kind of groove network dramas often get into a few seasons in. Of course Best Nolan put a stop to that. I don't think that flies with some of the usual CBS procedural crowd though and that's probably the major basis of any backlash to her death.

Tugatrix

the devil we know... Elias brought stability to criminal underworld and Dominic chaos and his hunger for power may be worst

Verger

Banned
It needs not be said how great this show is, but damn is it still firing on all cylinders. Even after all they've done they still manage to outdo themselves.

Amazing how even a character who hasn't had that much screen time such as Anthony is given such depth. And certainly what a way to send him off. I really like how this show has handled "minor" characters like him and Hersch. They are still so well written in comparison to other *cough* Walking Dead *cough* shows.

Dominic is an interesting character in that he is obviously a deranged madman who is unnaturally calm. Even his lackey Link now has doubts about his sanity thanks to Anthony's words.

And just when you think you knew most about Elias we still got a new glimpse into his past and why he is so loyal to those he trusts the most. And though he seemed awfully lonely at the end, his words to Reese and Finch regarding his plans of revenge against The Brotherhood had super sharp teeth to them.

One can only imagine in wondrous horror what sorts of plans Elias would make against someone who has personally wronged him. We never did get to see what he would have done to his Father since Reese freed him and he was forced to use a simple car bomb to take him out.

And I'm back, watched this weeks ep tonight and :(:(:( scarface ! :O

Did anyone here check out the CRAZY email that was read on 073 - Point of Origin of the PoI podcast?
Seriously that was some crazy guy email about the machine and its thinking/learning.

man show is back on dec 17th??? WTF CBS why just why are you trying to kill the show :(:(.

Anthony was such a G. At first I thought the goofy guy from Just Shoot Me being a mob boss was corny but Elias really grew into the best 'villain' character in this series imo. His boy's gonna be missed though.

Why must the great ones die and Root still remain alive...

Just caught up. Damn, how do they keep juggling all these open plot lines without having it fall flat on their face. And what about the other three hidden from Samaritan.

Chariot

CBS is run by Samaritan confirmed.
That would be at least an interesting way of canvelling the show. In the Team Machine is about to get offed, then a disturbance and suddenly straight-up doku about the advantages of surveillance with the voive of Michael Emmerson.

he sounds slow as hell. person of interest really wasted marlo just to repeat another one of their damn "twists" where the villain isn't who we are expecting.
Link doesn't strike me as very ambitious so far, he is fine as an initial second in command. I am looking forward to him and Elias ruling the city.

Lonestar

I've liked Dominic and how the actor is playing him. Comes off as smart, calculating, and entirely cold and brutal. I kinda feel a MCD's Kingpin/Notorious B.I.G. thing going on.

December 17th...

Why are shows airing during that week...

The 9th/2nd week is a decent "last airing before the Holidays" But the third week on, there's no one watching anything, except some of the lower tier college football bowls. That episode is getting sent to die.

Lonestar

Next episode is episode 10.
1st 3 Episode 10's:
John gets shot by Snow, Carter helps John and Finch for the 1st time.
John gets arrested by the FBI along with 3 other Men in Suits.
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:
SAMARITAN SHOWS ITS TRUE POWER BY TAKING CONTROL OF NEW YORK FOR 48 HOURS IN AN ATTEMPT TO LURE THE MACHINE OUT OF HIDING. Samaritan shows its power by erasing crime from the city for a day in an attempt to force The Machine out of hiding.

CHEAT TWEET: Samaritan demands a meeting with The Machine. What happens when 2 gods collide?

There's also a cast list, that hints at whose flashback the episode is. Hint: It's someone we've not experienced a flashback on.

The titles for the next 4 episodes are also known:
If-Then-Else, Control Alt Delete, M.I.A., Guilty

Chariot

1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:
SAMARITAN SHOWS ITS TRUE POWER BY TAKING CONTROL OF NEW YORK FOR 48 HOURS IN AN ATTEMPT TO LURE THE MACHINE OUT OF HIDING. Samaritan shows its power by erasing crime from the city for a day in an attempt to force The Machine out of hiding.

CHEAT TWEET: Samaritan demands a meeting with The Machine. What happens when 2 gods collide?

There's also a cast list, that hints at whose flashback the episode is. Hint: It's someone we've not experienced a flashback on.

My god, I need air. My body isn't ready.

Siegcram

1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:

My god. Not sure if ready.

1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:

UNLIMITED POWWWAAAAAAAAHHH

1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:

My body better be ready

1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:

tumblr_mgtdxgUIL41r55caso1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Not highlighting the spoiler! I'm gonna love this one.

I think I know who might be the one of the flashback, and thus whose flashback it is, and if it is, it's gonna be awesome!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
1st 3 Episode 10's:
Carter
death

Title:
"The Cold War"

Now with synopsis:

OH BOY

Chariot

Seeing Every Frame a Painting, an interesting youtube channel that explains techniques in filmmaking and take a look at examples and moviemakers right now. Is there some place where somebody analysed Person of Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom