• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

They should've brought that teenage kid back from earlier in the season (the one Samaritan was trying to recruit) to be the mouthpiece, IMO.

Though I kinda understand why they wanted to use a literal child to represent Samaritan.

Sober

ir9xmGv.png

great tweet, or greatest tweet? you decide.

They should've brought that teenage kid back from earlier in the season (the one Samaritan was trying to recruit) to be the mouthpiece, IMO.

Though I kinda understand why they wanted to use a literal child to represent Samaritan.

That's what I thought until I heard what Samaritan had to say. I don't think she would've been down for all that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just watched the episode.
Holy fuck! This show man, this show!

This is going to lead to the apocalypse isn't it?

Egg0

Banned
The scene with the kid and Root reminded me of the interrogation scene from The Dark Knight.

Even in the context of what was being said, there were parellels to Batman/The Machine and Joker/Samaritan. I wouldn't put it past Nolan, but I wonder if it was intentional.

Gibbo

Damn. Really thought that Root was going to kick it there. I thought the kid would slam the pencil through her neck at the end or something (doesn't help that I just got through marathon watching TWD Season 4-5)

Someone will probably die in the next episode - I'm afraid that it could be Shaw. The scene with Bear at the end gave me really bad vibes man.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
eeesh

Maybe with an episode title "If-Then-Else" maybe that promo is a bunch of simulations of outcomes.

I don't know...

The Synopsis for the next episode:

Synopsis
Samaritan launches a cyber-attack on the stock exchange, leaving the team with no choice but to embark on a possible suicide mission in a desperate attempt to stop a global economic catastrophe.

Chariot

Fuck. This episode. Fuck. This preview.
The new year will start with a bang. Samaritan really let the kitty gloves go. Using a boy as avatar was chilling and perfect too. I was surprised when Lambert called Sam "him". I wonder how many more assets Sam has. It probably took already most the experts in every area in it's duty.

I hope they show what the Brotherhood and Elias do during this stormy days. They can't be uneffected by all this chaos and the world finances breaking down would threaten Elias off-shore accounts too, yes?

--
I like the new Samaritan agent. Pretty attractive too.
He isn't new, he was already with Greer in season 3 and in world since a while before Ordos. I know because I watched the ending of RAM a few dozen times and Greer talks with him over the phone, calling it name.

Chariot

Samaritan is real and tanking the ruble confirmed.
Fucking Real Life is spoilering the next episodes. The Machine prevented the US and most other countries from breaking, but russia was hit hard, which was a secondary target anyways. With an unstable and more dangerous enemy like russia, Samaritan could get even more power and spread to US allies. Their allies. And so on. Until everything is Samaritan.
They really should just rename it to "This Fucking Show: The Show":D
Person of WHAT THE FUCK

Clevinger

Great episode. It's a small thing, but Young Greer's actor did such a good job of mimicking Greer's cadence.

The kid scene was pretty meh though. If you're going to try something like that, you need a great kid actor to pull it off.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck @ that preview

Shaw's dumbass is going to get Root killed

Chariot

I just imagined a scene with Root being somewhere, suddenly hearing "Can" - "You" - "Here" - "Me?" from four directions, revealing four godmode soldiers aiming for her.

edit:
Damnit Lambert, don't look so damn happy.

S736SJj.gif

Lonestar

Yep, CBS is trying to kill the show.

Series Low 1.3 and 8.84 Million viewers.

Best case scenario is the move to Friday/Sunday, where it'll limp on for a season, maybe 2.

Tamanon

Banned
Expected the lows. Skipping weeks, putting the shows on when no other network is really doing new dramas, and still opposite the Voice finale. Hope they just throw this week out.

Show's fine though I would think.

Chariot

Goddamnit guys. Time to proselytize a bit. I tried my best to bring the word to ArrowGAF to no avail. Spread the word, knock on doors, knock on heads; tell them all about our lord and savior good entertainment! We can't let one of the best shows on TV die.

Lonestar

All of CBS last night was down, at least.

Such a stupid idea, most shows midseason finales were last week, and these should have been as well. Hell, air the 1st 2 parts of this trilogy before the break (unless the big cliffhanger was what we got last night)

Am I the only one that thinks the scene between Root and the Kid was kind of stupid because the dialogue was written to sound like the AIs were actually talking instead of Root and the Kid relaying the AIs' messages to each other? I would have preferred it to be that way.

Chariot

Am I the only one that thinks the scene between Root and the Kid was kind of stupid because the dialogue was written to sound like the AIs were actually talking instead of Root and the Kid relaying the AIs' messages to each other? I would have preferred it to be that way.
Well, we already know that Root can do that perfectly and for the kid... well, we are at least informed that he is not a normal kid, but some kind of genius. He seemed to taken pleasure to what he was supposed to say, so I think he was in alignment with Samaritan.

Tugatrix

hXyuRFF.gif

I need moar, don't leave me hung like this I want to see where all this will lead

The Kid did an amazing job, was also a great idea personify samaritan on a Kid.

Also change in OT is in needed:

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Warmongering

Chariot

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods of War
Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| The God Complex
Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Pulling the Root of the Shaw
Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| A God A.I.
Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| This Fucking Show: The Show

Zetta

I have a question, has the conversation between Finch and the Machine been shown yet or did I miss something. I think Finch has an ace up his sleeve still and its all a matter of time before Samaritan catches it.

No, you're not the only one. I was thinking "Are the AIs giving them stage direction too?"

Between the dialog in that scene and the ridiculous amounts of speeches Finch and Root gave throughout the episode rehashing exactly everything they've said before I thought it was actually a pretty terrible episode. Felt like they got a couple rejects from the Syfy channel to write the episode while they gave the regular staff an early week off for the holidays. The only thing good was a little bit of Greer backstory.

Chariot

I have a question, has the conversation between Finch and the Machine been shown yet or did I miss something. I think Finch has an ace up his sleeve still and its all a matter of time before Samaritan catches it.
He already has the ace inside Samaritan. Remember the virus he gave the woman at the conference?

Lonestar

He already has the ace inside Samaritan. Remember the virus he gave the woman at the conference?

I don't know if that was a virus, sounded more like a surveillance bug, that would potentially open it up for tampering.

There has to be something going on that they haven't shown. From "We need to talk" and that laptop chip, Finch is on a mission.

Sort of have a feeling that POI he tried to save might be tied into whatever that mission might be. Something seemed off about that to me.

Chariot

Just rewatched the scene. Finch only asked if the driver installed it. It could be everything from surveillance, over a virus to Internet Explorer.

But very interesting thought with the person he saved this episode. Yes, despite numerous flashbacks and insights in his thoughts, he manages to remain quite the mysterious man, this Harold. Sometimes I wonder if he maybe will be an antagonist, when his views get corrupted. I could not imagine a more terrible foe for Team Machine then a Finch that works against them or on other goals as them.

No, you're not the only one. I was thinking "Are the AIs giving them stage direction too?"

Between the dialog in that scene and the ridiculous amounts of speeches Finch and Root gave throughout the episode rehashing exactly everything they've said before I thought it was actually a pretty terrible episode. Felt like they got a couple rejects from the Syfy channel to write the episode while they gave the regular staff an early week off for the holidays. The only thing good was a little bit of Greer backstory.

The root-kid conversation was a really wacky scene. They're still people. Not mind-controlled vessels. And yes, the rehashed dialogue (it especially reminded me of the election episode this season) was tiring too. It really is one of the worst episodes of the show IMO (and maybe even its jump the shark moment),

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

It didn't bother me. It was at meeting of the machines using their analogue control. And Root very much lets the machine talk through her. Root and the kid are interpreters; I think it would have been weird to have them relay the messages. It's probably even stranger since we can't hear the machines and it was happening almost simultaneously.

Best case scenario is the move to Friday/Sunday, where it'll limp on for a season, maybe 2.

idiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiotsidiots

Apoc29

b4dHQaq.gif

Did Samaritan naturally evolve to be a dick or was it programmed that way? It's possible the kid's interpretation of Samaritan's words came out more dickish than intended. But man, that was some Agent Smith-level dickery. I would have loved to see Root smack the smugness of his face and then the kid just started crying and she'd be like "Oh wait, he's not actually the machine."

Yeah, I don't know how Team Machine is gonna stop Samaritan. My guess is it involves a certain missile launcher.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

GOD DAMMIT. Kill another one, not Person of Interest. I need them to reach the whole 7 seasons Nolan and Plageman have planned.

That kid would have been a good in a flashback to a very young Greer but as the avatar of Samaritan I'm not sure. Didn't we have that episode with the game where Samaritan recruited people to act on its behalf ? This kid wasn't in that one and the girl that got through the tests hasn't been seen since.

Chariot

Yeah, that kid was kind of out of nowhere, they really wanted to hammer in he grown woman with morals vs the talented, but spoiled kid.

But than again it shows that it was actually a good idea to blow up the free ipads.

Dilly

Banned
It reminded me of Mass Effect 3's ending.

Was surprised Root didn't have to choose between 3 colors after that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom