• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
While I found Noble to be ok occasionally, but on the path to hamming it up, I found the 2 leads of Fringe to be boring.

I say that with seeing 5-10 episodes, mostly in the 1st 2 seasons or so.

Felt too much like a X-Files show, and that's a show that I wouldn't say I absolutely loved.

I like some Sci-Fi, but not all Sci-Fi. Maybe I just like space-related shows more (Farscape, BSG, Firefly)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, I guess it's preference then. I love this kind of show. Conspiracies and monsters with a science touch, kind of perfect for me.

Nobility

Banned
We placed on TV show of the year! Higher than last year.
We coming for the top!

If this show can last at least two more years, we should be in the top 3 (unless a ground breaking show comes along).

I still think this is the type of show that people appreciate more in hindsight and we see a ton of LTTP threads.

Patryn

So how did everyone get into PoI?

Channel inertia, I believe. A couple years back, I think I had the TV on CBS and Person of Interest came on.

The episode just happened to be Relevance, which was an excellent introductory episode. It helped that I think I had seen some TV critics mention that this was an important episode, although honestly I didn't even realize it was PoI until the credits started.

I ordered the first season Blu-Ray the next day.

Lonestar

We placed on TV show of the year! Higher than last year.

JsBqR58.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Without question the Samaritan kid is the absolute worst thing this show has done. It's awful on the level of some other terrible shows worst moments. Such a shockingly bad miss for a damn fantastic and consistent show.

I literally cannot stress enough how bad it is. How they've written, how they are getting the kid to act, etc. It is horrendous.

Rankun

Neo Member
I may be in the minority but I liked the Samaritan kid

The problem I have with this kid is that he acts completely un-kid-like. It's like Samaritan is talking itself, but that doesn't make any sense as far as we know, because the kid is not some kind of cyborg which speaks with Samaritan's voice. I get it that Samaritan dictates him what to say through an earpiece or something, but the kid like doesn't seem to have a personality of his own. It should be more like Root and the Machine.

On the other hand, maybe the kid's brain has in fact been replaced with a QUSP and he is Samaritan's avatar ...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm telling y'all, that kid has social conduct issue. And I mean in the series, not real life.

PolishQ

The problem I have with this kid is that he acts completely un-kid-like. It's like Samaritan is talking itself, but that doesn't make any sense as far as we know, because the kid is not some kind of cyborg which speaks with Samaritan's voice. I get it that Samaritan dictates him what to say through an earpiece or something, but the kid like doesn't seem to have a personality of his own. It should be more like Root and the Machine.

On the other hand, maybe the kid's brain has in fact been replaced with a QUSP and he is Samaritan's avatar ...

Precisely what I was saying earlier. I kind of wish he didn't even speak out loud, and just scribbled Samaritan's dialogue in barely-legible crayon.

trinest

Precisely what I was saying earlier. I kind of wish he didn't even speak out loud, and just scribbled Samaritan's dialogue in barely-legible crayon.

He isn't 5.

Seriously do you guys even remember what it was like when you were a kid and what other kids are like?

I know for a fact it isn't unimaginable that a child who is a little shit would find the prospect of saying what an AI commands him to like its his word and take pride with it for the attention.

Sölf

I fear the second half of S4 will look like the second half of S3: A break every 1-2 weeks for god knows what reason. >_>

He isn't 5.

Seriously do you guys even remember what it was like when you were a kid and what other kids are like?

I know for a fact it isn't unimaginable that a child who is a little shit would find the prospect of saying what an AI commands him to like its his word and take pride with it for the attention.

The Samaritan kid is probably less than 10 years old. How does a 10 year old even understand the whole premise of Samaritan, what it is, how it works, and what it wants to accomplish? The kid acting like HE IS samaritan, a mind-controlled personification of an AI is so stupid and unbelievable. Where did they find this kind? How is he able to consistently act like he's an AI and not you know, become an actual kid at some point? Samaritan is only able to communicate with humans, it isn't able to virtually control a human being so stupid Samaritan kid is stupid and just might be the show's "jump the shark" moment.

Tugatrix

The Samaritan kid is probably less than 10 years old. How does a 10 year old even understand the whole premise of Samaritan, what it is, how it works, and what it wants to accomplish? The kid acting like HE IS samaritan, a mind-controlled personification of an AI is so stupid and unbelievable. Where did they find this kind? How is he able to consistently act like he's an AI and not you know, become an actual kid at some point? Samaritan is only able to communicate with humans, it isn't able to virtually control a human being so stupid Samaritan kid is stupid and just might be the show's "jump the shark" moment.

Calm down it's just fiction. The kid described via samaritan as the future and was presented as a little computer genius, so he might be autistic

foxtrot3d

Banned

I owe it mostly to my parents. They watched most of the first season when I was working. I had seen a few bits here and there but I thought it was mostly just another procedural like NCIS so I didn't pay a ton of attention. Then I stopped working on the nights PoI aired and they aired the S1 finale(I believe) which piqued my interest. I really liked Carter in that episode. The following week they aired the mid season finale of S2 and then reruns of the rest of S2 which snagged me into the series. My parents already had the show on record so I went through and watched as many reruns as I could until they returned in January at which point I was hooked.

GAF wouldn't shut up about it and after convincing me to give Arrow a second chance, which they were ABSOLUTELY right to do, I decided to give it a go. And, it turned out GAF was right again, though GAF was completely wrong about Farscape so it's not perfect.

99hertz

I don't remember exactly how I got into this show, maybe it was GAF. I remember watching a Youtube video with hobo Reese fighting and now it's almost impossible to find PoI scenes on youtube so I guess it was on S1 or S2.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hobo Reese was the first 3 minutes of the show heh.

RS4-

Got into PoI when I saw some billboards around, Ben Linus and who I thought was Jack Shepard at the time. Hey, those two teaming up again, gotta see it.

First few mins in, I realize that that's Jesus. But yeah, was interested and got hooked in immediately.

I've been watching since close to the beginning because of a billboard near the corner of Gerrard and Bay (Toronto). It's weird that I still remember that so clearly, but yeah, I was talking to my mom on the phone and she mentioned that they (my parents) starting watching Person of Interest and it was really good and I should check it out. I don't even watch much TV, but I was running some errands and was walking down Bay St. and saw that billboard and thought "oh that's the show mom was just telling me about" and saw that it had Jesus (his performance in The Thin Red Line is the GOAT) and was created by Best Nolan, so I said okay, that's some good cred, I'll give it a peep. The first four episodes were still available on the CityTV website so I thought I'd give it those four episode and see what happens. After the first three I was pretty sure it was garbage and I wouldn't watch more, but I said I'd give it four so I watched the fourth and DAT ENDING. Figured that was worth a couple more episodes at least so I started live-watching and the show just kept getting better and better.

KuroNeeko

Finally caught up!

Took me a few weeks but went through all 4 seasons and am hooked!

I feel like If - Then - Else was (one of) the most compelling episodes at least up to the very end. I don't think PoI does deaths very well. It's at its strongest when dealing with the moral implications of its more topical themes - especially when they're shown through the lenses of Finch and Reese. I think the final scene in Cura Te Ipsum is what really made me sit up and notice the show.

Still, I really enjoyed the focus on the Machine here. I don't think we've had such a Machine-focused episode and it really felt like it was struggling to find a scenario where all its assets survived. It really helped show it (or her, as Root would say) in a more human light. It felt like the episode was devoted to showing the difference between the two AIs and their moral codes. The lessons with Finch in the park were really well done.

I though the simplified scenario section was awesome as well. By the third
simulation
the whole thing was getting a biiiit repetitive, and the end itself felt a bit forced though
Acker's performance helped give the scene more emotional weight. I liked how Shaw went out on her own terms, but goddamn, I felt someone as skilled as her would have landed at least one shot on Martine.

Man, I can't wait for Martine to get it. Just seems like she's trying too hard.

Can't say I really liked CNTRL - ALT - DELETE as much, but I think the break is needed to get a few more pieces (for TEAM MACHINE) into place before the counter attack can begin.

Fun show! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Lonestar

Synopsis for the next episode:

MIA

Reese and Root’s hunt for Shaw takes them to a small town in upstate New York where it becomes apparent that not everything is as idyllic as it seems. Also, Fusco teams with a former POI to tackle the newest number.

The former POI is from earlier in this season ;)

10 photo's

Feels like it might be a strange episode.

Synopsis for the episode after next:

Guilty

THE MACHINE SENDS FINCH ON HIS TOUGHEST ASSIGNMENT YET: JURY DUTY, ON “PERSON OF INTEREST,” TUESDAY, FEB. 10
“Guilty” – When the Machine arranges for Finch to sit on the jury of a murder trial, he begins to suspect that a fellow juror is set to rig the proceedings. Meanwhile, Reese begins to open up to the department’s therapist.

There's a long awaited return of a character, while the episode looks to be fully back on the procedural side

Chariot

The possibilities!
Reading about the village gives me a bit of World's End feel. Just imagine Samaritan leading a whole small town as playground to test different things... or maybe multiple in the whole country.

Shit, I can't wait until next week Dx

Sölf

The possibilities!
Reading about the village gives me a bit of World's End feel. Just imagine Samaritan leading a whole small town as playground to test different things... or maybe multiple in the whole country.

Suddenly: Hot Fuzz.

I am not even sure if that would be a bad thing.

Synopsis for the next episode:

MIA

Reese and Root’s hunt for Shaw takes them to a small town in upstate New York where it becomes apparent that not everything is as idyllic as it seems. Also, Fusco teams with a former POI to tackle the newest number.

The former POI is from earlier in this season ;)

10 photo's

Feels like it might be a strange episode.

Synopsis for the episode after next:

Guilty

THE MACHINE SENDS FINCH ON HIS TOUGHEST ASSIGNMENT YET: JURY DUTY, ON “PERSON OF INTEREST,” TUESDAY, FEB. 10
“Guilty” – When the Machine arranges for Finch to sit on the jury of a murder trial, he begins to suspect that a fellow juror is set to rig the proceedings. Meanwhile, Reese begins to open up to the department’s therapist.

There's a long awaited return of a character, while the episode looks to be fully back on the procedural side

The possibilities!

Sölf;149231369 said:
Suddenly: Hot Fuzz.

I am not even sure if that would be a bad thing.

YES

3744376-5281314955-hot-f.jpg

Got into the show after a gaf thread asking whether to watch arrow or poi. Currently near the end of s3. Bear is the best character for me (also love shaw) will post some more when i catch up afraid of spoilers lol

faridmon

Sölf;149039459 said:
I fear the second half of S4 will look like the second half of S3: A break every 1-2 weeks for god knows what reason. >_>

We won't get a break until the one before the last episode, and that will last 2 weeks, sadly

Lonestar

Soon!

Person Of Interest ‏@PersonInterest 46m46 minutes ago
Watch out Reese, there's a new 'Man in the Suit.' 10 clues about tomorrow night's new #PersonOfInterest http://ow.ly/IlWuc

Wonder what this means.

New Promo
Sneak Peak for this episode

Press Release on the 15th episode (Tomorrow's is #13)

REESE PROTECTS A SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER WITH A MYSTERIOUS SECOND LIFE, BUT IT’S UNCLEAR WHICH SIDE OF HER LIFE THE THREAT IS COMING FROM, ON “PERSON OF INTEREST,” TUESDAY, FEB. 17

“Q & A” – Reese tries to protect a software programmer with a mysterious second life, but it’s unclear which side of her life the threat is coming from. Meanwhile, Claire, a young hacker who Finch tried to protect from Samaritan, reaches out to him for aid, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, Feb. 17 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Someone's website with a decent character detail/relationship chart At the bottom, is the link. It may or may not open, as it's a jpeg file that's about 8 mb.

Lonestar

Why make an 8MB large image and then have jpeg compression???

Printing the chart

I don't want to make the Publisher or PDF files available online otherwise people will clone my work and take credit for it, thus I only make the image available. Either way, the dimensions of the image are huge so I can only recommend you print the image out onto multiple pages and stick them together, otherwise the text will be too small.

He also writes that the original is 37 mb's.

Charts so big, I can't tell where a "beginning" might be.

Sober

And we're back.

"M.I.A."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom