• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

So it's back to Reese and Finch again? Damn.

Also Samaritan is one of the best big bads I've seen on TV. The ant farm town is such a creepy idea. Best evil AI story ever.

Wiktor

*chrm chrm* Fusco and a female minority detective!

They're sidekicks staying in the dark though.

Still..POI never fails to impress me with Fusco. Even most good shows would turn him into comedic goof, but here he's smart and competent despite being used for laughs from time to time.

Chariot

Still..POI never fails to impress me with Fusco. Even most good shows would turn him into comedic goof, but here he's smart and competent despite being used for laughs from time to time.
I agree. While he isn't as good of a fighter as the skilled ex-government fighters, he has shown a lot of useful skills and common sense. I really loved the scene where he drove Martine against a wall without even knowing about her. Quickly picking out that she is not who she says she is and force her to leave.
I also like his loyalty that holds up even if nobody wants to tell him shit. He is also the one who is working the most reasonable with Shaw's vanishment. While he is often snarky and fast to verbally complain, he is actually the most mentally stable, next to Finch. Even when his son was about to die by HR he tried to calm and comfort him.

ZenaxPure

Damn!
Although I liked both plots, I had the feeling that Fusco's side was eating away from Maple. I think that there was much potential to be had with a sandbox town. But maybe Samaritan has more of those.

Yeah I liked the episode but I actually wish they would have just dropped the storyline with Fusco, it felt like neither of the plots had all the time they needed and they both suffered as a result. Especially in Maple there were parts where it felt kind of rushed to me.

Sloane

Banned
But good to see that Shaw is still alive. Although I think that she will be returning as an Samaritan cyborg.
Yeah, thinking the same, she'll turn into Locutus.

Feels a bit odd though showing her alive only two episodes after her "death" considering her pregnancy. Don't know how far along she is but I doubt she'll be back full time before next mid-season or so?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've got this nagging sense, that Finch has been up to something.

We know he had a talk, and we know he did some sneaky business down in the Philippines (right?).

I'm kind of thinking The Machine (and Finch) knows more about Shaw's location, than they're letting on. I think the infiltration that Finch did during Control-Alt-Delete wasn't a simple clue finder on a truck for Shaw. I think that clue about the town was on purpose to find out more about what Samaritan was doing (Carrow).

I think it's a long con.

Just depends on how far Finch is willing to go with Shaw's life in the balance.

I've got this nagging sense, that Finch has been up to something.

We know he had a talk, and we know he did some sneaky business down in the Philippines (right?).

I'm kind of thinking The Machine (and Finch) knows more about Shaw's location, than they're letting on. I think the infiltration that Finch did during Control-Alt-Delete wasn't a simple clue finder on a truck for Shaw. I think that clue about the town was on purpose to find out more about what Samaritan was doing (Carrow).

I think it's a long con.

Just depends on how far Finch is willing to go with Shaw's life in the balance.

I agree.

faridmon

This weeks episode kind of sucked. Moved way too fast and some unnecessary ''emotive'' speeches. Fusco was kind of lousy as well.
bUt glad to see Shaw alive. Afterlife does indeed suck

Synopsis for the 16 episode (Tonight's is the 13th)

“Blunt” – Reese and Finch must protect Harper, a street-smart grifter, when her plan to steal cash from a medical marijuana dispensary goes up in smoke, on PERSON OF INTEREST, on the CBS Television Network.

Literally, it's called Blunt and it's an episode featuring medical marijuana.

Man, I bet that sparse description is a red herring since a) writing credits are Segel and Plageman, b) whatever happens with Claire in the previous eps, and c) there's another one week break after this eps -_-

Gonna be fun!

Lonestar

Man, I bet that sparse description is a red herring since a) writing credits are Segel and Plageman, b) whatever happens with Claire in the previous eps, and c) there's another one week break after this eps -_-

Gonna be fun!

Well, it was broadcasted last night that there were 4 episodes straight to be aired, so yeah, there's a break after "Blunt." MIA, Guilty, Q&A, Blunt

RangersFan

We saw her posing as a delivery person taking out all the students in the house who Samaritan said were Islamist terrorists and had backpack bombs. Control was trying to mange the OP, and she wanted the hard drive from the laptop but the Samaritan liaison kept undermining her.

We saw her posing as a delivery person taking out all the students in the house who Samaritan said were Islamist terrorists and had backpack bombs. Control was trying to mange the OP, and she wanted the hard drive from the laptop but the Samaritan liaison kept undermining her.
Shaw was not in the episode. I'm not sure who you're thinking of.

RangersFan

Shaw was not in the episode. I'm not sure who you're thinking of.

watching it now, she's part of "crimson team 6" that control sends to take out the students in the house in Michigan on intel from Samaritan.

VqjPyxN.png

watching it now, she's part of "crimson team 6" that control sends to take out the students in the house in Michigan on intel from Samaritan.

VqjPyxN.png
It looks like her but that isn't her for a number of reasons. Her facial structure isn't the same in particular her jaw line. Also how would Control be able to use leverage against The Samaritan agent guy who let Shaw live earlier in the season if she was working alongside him all along. On top of the events in this episode with her just waking up in greers custody.

ZenaxPure

Come on, it looks like her some what otherwise she wouldn't be her stunt double lol.

I mean she has darker skin and brown hair but the face is completely different, like I see no resemblance at all. But that would make sense as you try to not show stunt doubles faces.

Can I just say though:

I liked the ambiguity of Shaw's death, and the messy frustration of non-closure; but actually confirming that she is indeed alive - and doing so as an echo of Kara Stanton (waking up to see Greer in the "afterlife") - is legit worse than not knowing, and has probably made my head spin harder than POI ever has before. goddamn this writing team, that was NOT COOL

I really hope that they're not looking to set the former-IA gal up as the "new" Shaw.
Given Fusco's line about her reminding him of a group of friends; that sounded like tv code for Shaw's replacement.

Personally, I'm undecided about her right now. Shaw from the get go was fairly interesting and only continued to be more amazing as a character. This girl so far hasn't stuck out much to me in terms of personality, other than being serious and a rookie. Usually when we get the more procedural episodes there may be a character that I'd like to see return but I can't really say she was on the list.

However this show hasn't really let me down before (other than killing Carter) so I'm optimistic. Fusco said she reminded him of a friend. Initially I thought he was referring to Shaw but upon further reflection I think he was referring to Carter.
If I'm remembering this correctly (potential spoilers for ep.16),

this is actually the episode in which Dominic confronts "Detective Riley" that had been hinted at in an earlier interview
Regardless I think the descriptions are being purposefully vague about the upcoming episodes. I doubt they are just gonna put out 4 procedural episodes in a row especially when it looks like they are gonna dial down the Samaritan/Shaw plotline and they have the Dominic plotline still dangling. I suspect Root will be mia for a few episodes and we'll see more Finch, Harold and Fusco handling PoIs in NYC that somehow tie into the Dominic plotline. We'll probably also see more of Reese's therapist and the IA and how Reese and Finch handle their double lives.

It's strange PoI's formula feels like a mish mash of many different tv genre influences. There's your typical procedural CSI drama, then there is the kinda Sci-Fi AI stuff (although it's not too far from reality), then the international spy stuff and yet all the characters on this show have such a huge Super Hero/Comic Book influence. That episode earlier this season with Reese saving that one guy who later realized that Reese was the man in the suit was a pretty standard super hero plot. Also the constant moral debates about killing someone is a big super hero trope that the DC universe in particular uses with a lot of its characters.

Lonestar

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sad we're approaching season finale and this thread is dying. I'M DISAPPOINTED POI BROTHERS.

There will be plenty of discussion in March when college basketball takes over and everyone bitches that CBS is killing the show with scheduling :)

Doorman

Aw, poor Fusco feeling that cold shoulder. You'd think they would have realized by now that they've had him in too deep to just cut him off by now. I'm surprised more wasn't made of the fact that he was there at the stock exchange during the whole shootout, even if Samaritan couldn't see into the building at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom