• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
I sense this is a set up but I don't know which side she is on.

Samaritan makes selections based on selflessness and dedication to the cause...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
2nd Thought: Still don't believe her lies.

Now, she's painting it more towards the truth, but I do not like the "oh, here's a thumb drive of some shit."

Ducarmel

Seems to good to be true, I have a feeling this is a trap to get The Machine.

If I recall correctly Claire was not really the caring type of person.

Nobility

Banned
2nd Thought: Still don't believe her lies.

Now, she's painting it more towards the truth, but I do not like the "oh, here's a thumb drive of some shit."
I am beginning to think this is a ploy by Samaritan to get the accurate personnel information on John Reese, Harold Finch, Samantha Groves and Sameen Shaw.

Probably also the three hackers they picked up last year.

Doorman

Do nooooooooot truuuuuust heeerrrrrrrr at all.

No telling what's on that drive and there's no telling where her actual mindset is.

Lonestar

Still hesitant to believe her, and totally don't believe the usb stick. Samaritan could have played her all the way to this point, using peoples deaths to drive her back to who it believe is Harold.

Lonestar

So, how sure are we that we aren't about to lose another member. Fusco and Harold are in too deep.

Looks like a Job for Root.

Nobility

Banned
So, how sure are we that we aren't about to lose another member. Fusco and Harold are in too deep.

Looks like a Job for Root.

Time to bring her back into play.

Control should work in the shadows too but I have a feeling she'll show up later on this season.

Nobility

Banned
The writers are building the narrative.

I like this train of thought, the question is, will she realize how insignificant she is in the grand scheme of things.

The bullet was supposed to miss...

Samaritan and Brotherhood, so alike, how...poetic...

The writers are building the narrative.

I like this train of thought, the question is, will she realize how insignificant she is in the grand scheme of things.

The bullet was supposed to miss...

Samaritan and Brotherhood, so alike, how...poetic...
It's interesting how they are slowly building up people on the inside questioning or disobeying Samaritan (Claire, Control and Shaws ex coworker who spared her life)

foxtrot3d

Banned
This episode was very good. It brought POI back to its roots and almost felt like a Season 1 episode. The only thing concerning me is Fusco, they seemed to be foreshadowing his death. And I wonder why he doesn't care about dying, who will look after his children?

I'm pretty sure the writers at this point are pretending that Fusco doesn't have a son.

As for tonight's episode, it was alright though the one thing that really irks me is the cliche' writing and shitting on geeks. Why do writers feel the need to essentially shit on themselves and confirm stereotypes about themselves?

Tamanon

Banned
I'm pretty sure the writers at this point are pretending that Fusco doesn't have a son.

As for tonight's episode, it was alright though the one thing that really irks me is the cliche' writing and shitting on geeks. Why do writers feel the need to essentially shit on themselves and confirm stereotypes about themselves?

I didn't see any shitting on geeks, more making fun of startup culture.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I didn't see any shitting on geeks, more making fun of startup culture.

Hey guys, quit fighting over your comic books you nerds. I'm a grown up, listen to me.

Yeah, It's straight ripped out of a little plotline in GTAV. Horrific Startup Internet/Computer businesses.

I immediately thought of this as well and not in a positive way. GTA's humor is some of the lowest brow there is and has only gotten worse.

jb1234

Why didn't Samaritan just use Claire as bait and snatch Finch up? Claire claims she was trying to make him an "asset" but that seems like a curiously inefficient plan when they've been trying to track down Finch and his team all season.

The number of the week plot did absolutely nothing for me. I miss Shaw.

Damn I thought Harold was going to have to play into Samaritan's game of being recruited. That would have made for some interesting episodes. I never trusted Claire from the second she appeared even after her sob story plea.

Verger

Banned
Yeah, I was suspicious of Claire when she appeared, but I really didn't trust her when she became so damn eager to "kill Samaritan" just after being told of its existence. At least the writers made it believable though because they made sure Harold never did let his guard down until she played on his emotions exploiting his character weakness. That's how you do good character writing (takes shot at the Walking Dead's writing :p)

But yeah, Samaritan and The Brotherhood are very much alike. Their leaders, the AI and Dominic are only concerned with their own power and think nothing about sacrificing anything and anyone to get what they want. But slowly and surely their own lackeys (Link, Claire/Control) are coming to realize their own worthlessness to them.

rakhir

This is the first time in a long while i was dissapointed in a POI episode. Everything was really predictable - the girls betrayal, Finch capture and Root showing up as a deus ex machina at the end.
I didn't care one bit for the number and that whole story.

EDIT: oh and i'm at the top of the page, great. Sorry for being a party pooper :/

Chariot

Claire's allegiance was pretty obvious, but the genius is, that it was obvious even for Harold, but his obligation to safe people and the possibility of a new weapon against Samaritan. And her actual believing in Samaritan and showing Harold good that Samaritan does, was interesting.

Fatherly smiling boss Greer was oddly scary. When Greer smiles, puppies die.

The problem the show right now has, that the first half of the season set the bar so insanely high, that everything below absolutely amazing seems weaker than it is.

RS4-

Haven't read the thread yet, as I'm only half way through the recent up, but I don't trust Claire.

I hope they're not using her as some cliche mole.

ZenaxPure

Claire's allegiance was pretty obvious, but the genius is, that it was obvious even for Harold, but his obligation to safe people and the possibility of a new weapon against Samaritan. And her actual believing in Samaritan and showing Harold good that Samaritan does, was interesting.

Fatherly smiling boss Greer was oddly scary. When Greer smiles, puppies die.

Pretty much, I like how they handled Claire. Finch wasn't buying into it until she played into his weaknesses, very smart of her.

Anyhow, I thought they episode was great.

Just watched the episode: thought it was great even though the Samaritan plotline was pretty obvious from the beginning. I'm left wondering what Root is up to now. I'm really liking how the show is showing the similarities between the Brotherhood and Samaritan. I can't imagine Samaritan is going to go down this season though, right? Samaritan feels like the Biggest Bad, I can't even comprehend what could be worse than Greer and the AI down the line.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just watched the episode: thought it was great even though the Samaritan plotline was pretty obvious from the beginning. I'm left wondering what Root is up to now. I'm really liking how the show is showing the similarities between the Brotherhood and Samaritan. I can't imagine Samaritan is going to go down this season though, right? Samaritan feels like the Biggest Bad, I can't even comprehend what could be worse than Greer and the AI down the line.

I still wish that Samaritan wasn't the big bad AI, I want it to be true benevolent GOD. I gotta say if Samaritan actually existed in the real world I'd sign up with Decima in a heart beat over Finch and Co. That is assuming that Samaritan truly is a benevolent AI God like say Helios in Deus Ex (DX1 spoilers),
at which point I'd merge my brain with Samaritan and become a true GOD.
A Deus Ex Machina if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom