• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is getting interesting.

This reminds me of Last Call...

This was my early thought too, that this was the return of the guy on the phone.

Nice, "normal" episode, with some decent Reese and Finch time, which had been limited for a long time.

Sober

Okay this episode was great, such a breath of fresh air as im definitely tired of the Samaritan story at this point.
It's definitely smart to have a few episodes to cool down from all the intensity of the first half and the midseason event. Especially if you're doing 22+ episodes a season.

I really loved the S1/2 homage in the style of Finch and Reese tackling a number, haven't seen that in a while and I'm glad it's still as good as it was when they left it to do cooler things with Shaw.

ZenaxPure

It's definitely smart to have a few episodes to cool down from all the intensity of the first half and the midseason event. Especially if you're doing 22+ episodes a season.

I really loved the S1/2 homage in the style of Finch and Reese tackling a number, haven't seen that in a while and I'm glad it's still as good as it was when they left it to do cooler things with Shaw.

Pretty much how I feel. This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, almost nostalgic. I'm excited for us to dive back into one of the main storylines, but, I really loved it. I was a bit worried based on how they transitioned into normal episodes last season (with that one episode most people seemed fairly meh to, you know exactly the one I am talking about) but they handled it much better this time.

Also Fusco continues to be my favorite character, such a badass.

I thought this was gonna be the return of The Ghost or the Riddler, but I guess not :/

But nevertheless, really good breather episode. I loved Zoe, John, and Finch just arguing shit. So funny.

And aw look. John actually cares about Fusco. See. See, there's tenderness there. A brotherly bond even.

Imma use that excuse too.

I'm going to attempt that excuse if I get Jury Duty

It's a really good excuse.

I don't trust this therapist, I don't trust her at all. Damn Reese don't go in too deep.

Well... go in a little deep before you quit it.

Regarding the promo for next week:

Is the Nautilus winner actually in danger from Samaritan, or is it a ploy/fakeout on Samaritan/Greer's part to worm their way into Team Machine's lives?

Chariot

I actually preferred another story episode, but I agree that a breather is nice. It was so sad to see Reese and Finch acknowledging that they're back to season 1 line-up. Perfect moment to bring Zoe Morgan in again.

Fusco was great. He truly has the courage of a lion. As I said, he is the bravest of TeamMachine, because he isn't afraid to lose his life or lose someone else. He values his comrades and will do anything to keep them safe, but he can accept death.

Wiktor

Damn. Team Machine is so small now. That last scene in the dinner was so sad.

Good breather episode. Fun case and I'm happy more focus was put on Reese. He's been getting a bit of a shaft this season.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Loved how we got this breather, and as you guys said, John felt more in the backburner, if we don't take in account the other therapist scenes.

And a bit of nostalgia. John getting into people's houses, while Finch investigated. So good.

Lonestar

After a down week last episode (1.4, 2nd place), POI so far won the slot last night (1.5 over CF's 1.4).

Take what we can get.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys really think that gun was loaded? Haha.

But seriously, that's mighty impressive considering it's an action series. Damn good.

Lonestar

No Wonder I flinched pretty hard when the Laser Dot showed up. Mentally used to gunshots in the show.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You know guys, it could also mean that John has improved his conduct concerning knee capping people, with him being ready to rejoin the force and all.

Lonestar

You know guys, it could also mean that John has improved his conduct concerning knee capping people, with him being ready to rejoin the force and all.

Knee Cappings via Police in the city went down, just as Det. Riley went on a mysterious unpaid leave.

Meanwhile, Knee Cappings by masked men skyrocketed in the Northeast.

Total coincidence!

This episode was very good. It brought POI back to its roots and almost felt like a Season 1 episode. The only thing concerning me is Fusco, they seemed to be foreshadowing his death. And I wonder why he doesn't care about dying, who will look after his children?

Kansoku

Nina Sharp was a nice surprise. I was half expecting she showing her cybernetic arm. :)

Now if John Noble or Anna Torv appeared, that would be amazing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Nina Sharp was a nice surprise. I was half expecting she showing her cybernetic arm. :)

Now if John Noble or Anna Torv appeared, that would be amazing.

Both John and Anna would deserve to be recurring and not just a one off. They're so good.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If Shaw really died, then Anna should replace her, and Noble be the "villain" next season (and bonus if he has Astor as his assistant)

Do watch the episode before this one called M.I.A.!

But yeah, it would be awesome, but with John Noble on another show, I don't think we'll get him anytime soon :(

Apoc29

I was really missing the ladies of POI this week, but thankfully the writers were smart enough to bring Zoe into the rotation. Man, really felt like old-school POI, as others have mentioned.

It's cool that we're getting back into Elias/Dominic, but I'm wondering what's going on with Samaritan. That asshole kid getting a spanking can't come soon enough.

This episode was very good. It brought POI back to its roots and almost felt like a Season 1 episode. The only thing concerning me is Fusco, they seemed to be foreshadowing his death. And I wonder why he doesn't care about dying, who will look after his children?
It's not that he doesn't care about dying, he just doesn't care if he dies trying to save someone's life by doing what's right.

Lonestar

There is a cast announcement on a future episode (episode 18).
Katheryn Winnick, most notably from Vikings. POI continues to use beautiful women.

I actually preferred another story episode, but I agree that a breather is nice. It was so sad to see Reese and Finch acknowledging that they're back to season 1 line-up. Perfect moment to bring Zoe Morgan in again.

Fusco was great. He truly has the courage of a lion. As I said, he is the bravest of TeamMachine, because he isn't afraid to lose his life or lose someone else. He values his comrades and will do anything to keep them safe, but he can accept death.

Yeah. Totally agree.

That moment where Lionel said his bit to Reese at the end, I was like "F-yeah Fusco! Awesome as usual".

Patiently waiting for Root and Finch reunion.

That should be a good moment.

Lonestar

Episode 20 has a title
Terra Incognita (which means "Unknown Land" or "Undiscovered Land")

Nobility

Banned
Episode 20 has a title

Wow, I don't know what to make of that title.

Seems very possessive to me, but is it a safe haven or an incubation experiment for Samaritan...or the machine?

Chariot

Maybe it also something of a new world order in the city made by Dominic.

Or it's chancellor Merkel and her Neuland.

Sober

New episode tonight.

"Q&A"

Reese tries to protect a software programmer with a mysterious second life, but it’s unclear which side of her life the threat is coming from. Meanwhile, Claire, a young hacker who Finch tried to protect from Samaritan, reaches out to him for aid.

Chariot

I am kinda upset that we seemingly go into Samaritan territory again. I thought that the breather was a nice gap to get back and finish the Dominic story line.

Episode 20 has a title

Now that gets the mind whirring with speculation.

New episode tonight.

I am kinda upset that we seemingly go into Samaritan territory again. I thought that the breather was a nice gap to get back and finish the Dominic story line.

Looks everything's gonna start getting tangled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom