• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Really liked the episode! I was really hoping that Claire had good intentions and wanted to join them. Man, I can be played very easily haha.

I'm glad that Root's back too!

Anyone else find interesting that Finch went into Fetch & Retrieve (the company from this episode) not for the number, but for getting information that is relevant to his university job (neuroevolutionary stuff)? I think he's getting information for the Machine.

tirminyl

Enjoyed the episode. While predictable, I like how it planted the seed of doubt just like Control. I think those two will be launch board episodes for Claire and Control to join Team Machine in the fight against Samaratine.

Also, I loved seeing them use the Friendster app.

Apoc29

The POI of the week was meh but the Samaritan stuff was pretty good. I don't know what they're trying to do with Fusco; one minute he's a badass mofo and the next he's a bumbling buffoon. I guess he's whatever the writers need him to be.

I do appreciate the writers staying on top of relevant issues in AI, startup tech companies, privacy policies and all that jazz. It's good shit, keep it up.

Lazlo

I'm wondering if the shadow map will be useless now that Finch directly mentioned to her they had to stay out of the cameras but don't worry - "I have a map". Why doesn't Samaritan just install new cameras everywhere? You'd think with unlimited funds and manpower it could afford a few Wi-Fi cameras. Future plot device perhaps?

Chariot

I'm wondering if the shadow map will be useless now that Finch directly mentioned to her they had to stay out of the cameras but don't worry - "I have a map". Why doesn't Samaritan just install new cameras everywhere? You'd think with unlimited funds and manpower it could afford a few Wi-Fi cameras. Future plot device perhaps?
I was wondering what kept Samaritan from installing new cameras. After all it knows that it has blind spots and Team Machine keeps vanishing into them.

I hope it installs cameras into the blind spots and develop new way of watching. Like the Xbox One kinnect nightmare imagination. A multimedia device for everyone, that is there to watch their living rooms.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I was wondering what kept Samaritan from installing new cameras. After all it knows that it has blind spots and Team Machine keeps vanishing into them.

I hope it installs cameras into the blind spots and develop new way of watching. Like the Xbox One kinnect nightmare imagination. A multimedia device for everyone, that is there to watch their living rooms.

Which I think was why there might have been a hint at some new tactic from The Machine. The School Finch went to. The camera's just turned off, before Root got there. Root saying "tell your boss a message" and that look at the camera. She knew it was off.

Now, sure, maybe it's just because she had followed them there and proceeded to turn off the system, but all that, plus her "alots new" statement makes me think.

i liked this episode. one of the better ones of the season. show works best with case of the week stuff with just some of the overarching plot mixed into it and minimal root.

really want a return to elias/dominique though. elias is the best villain they have imo. >>>samaritan group

also lmao at:

"What's the number for the suicide hotline?"
Siri: "Go kill yourself"

GavinUK86

ygqkmk.gif

i liked this episode. one of the better ones of the season. show works best with case of the week stuff with just some of the overarching plot mixed into it and minimal root.

really want a return to elias/dominique though. elias is the best villain they have imo. >>>samaritan group

also lmao at:

"What's the number for the suicide hotline?"
Siri: "Go kill yourself"

I always knew Siri was a bitch

I'd piss myself if Greer smiled at me

Lonestar

Oh shit guys, I think next episode, "it's happening"

Do you guys like Pie. I like Pie.

Someone said a few weeks back that this episode had way too bland of a synopsis, might be right. Makes sense since the episode was written by Amanda Segal and Greg Plageman (Showrunner)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like John Nolan has done an excellent job if you guys react to his smile like that. I love the confidence of his character.

Chariot

The amazing thing is that despite all this soldiers, agents, terrorists and god mode users, one of the most threatning is a guy who has yet tk do anything physical. We now he used to be a great agent, but right now his threat comes entirely from talking, commanding and years of patience.

aaaaa0

What do you think the Machine has been doing all this time? :)

Any time Samaritan has been trying to get cameras installed, the Machine has probably been making sure the orders get delayed, the cameras get sabotaged, the workers install the cameras incorrectly, etc.

This is the kind of stuff you would expect would happen with two super-intelligent AIs fighting each other in a shadow war.

Also, I presume the map isn't static, it keeps getting updated as some cameras get installed and others ones get destroyed.

Samaritan and the Machine are constantly locked in millions of little battles, manipulating and trying to influence things to go their way. We only see a tiny tiny fraction of what is going on in the PoI world at any given time.

Chariot

But isn't the shadow map sn actual physical map with markings that Root gave Harold?
Also Samaritan has the way longer arm in a direct fight with the Machine. If nothing else Ssmaritan agents could install cameras.

aaaaa0

But isn't the shadow map sn actual physical map with markings that Root gave Harold?

I would expect that was just the first version, and that they keep updating the map.

Also Samaritan has the way longer arm in a direct fight with the Machine. If nothing else Samaritan agents could install cameras.

Obviously, that's why Root said in an earlier episode that the Machine is losing, and when Samaritan and the Machine spoke in "The Cold War":

"You know you can't win, don't you?"
"Yes. Is that why I am here, to meet my destroyer?"

The Machine is indeed losing, but being a AI, it doesn't give up or despair, it just keeps playing the best moves it can find in order to delay the inevitable, like in "Ctrl Alt Del".

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thought it was ok. Pretty predictable, but that's ok every once in awhile. Does anyone else find Claire kind of dull?

Sober

Sadly it's not episode 4x20. But new episode tonight!

"Blunt"

Reese and Finch must protect Harper, a street-smart grifter, when her plan to steal cash from a medical marijuana dispensary goes up in smoke.

Nobility

Banned
2πR
will end up the most important episode of the series by the end I think.

Shit, I should have seen it coming...

Nobility

Banned
Oh, I forgot to give you the depressing POI news of the day.

The next episode is on March 10.

Episode 18 on March 24.

Welcome to March Madness season ladies and gentlemen. :(

Lonestar

Caleb from PI, or whatever that episode was called.

No preview though, so here comes a break...

Chariot

Dominics female Lieutenant is kinda cool. She didn't have much to do so far, besides generic higher-up mook work, but I liked that dorm room scene.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They don't just kill people.
Which is odd, because they used to back when the show wasn't so black and white with "every number must be saved!!!!". I think S1 was a bit more interesting inasmuch as some of the numbers were actually bad people, and John wasn't above exacting his own form of justice in those cases.

But then again, that was before all this nonsense with secret societies and computers taking over the world.... all of which makes this small time gangster stuff seem stupid and a bit petty.

Although, I suppose if Dominic turns into Elias inasmuch as they need to turn to him to help them fight Samaritan (in the same way that Elias was a means to an end for fighting HR), then maybe this whole story will be worth it. Otherwise, why would the machine give a crap about these people when its very existence is threatened by the fact that Samaritan just grabbed one of its laptops a week prior?

Chariot

Otherwise, why would the machine give a crap about these people when its very existence is threatened by the fact that Samaritan just grabbed one of its laptops a week prior?
What was that part about single people being irrelevant opposed to national security? That no life is to small is the whole premise of the show :D
Of course the machine and the team take also interest in the gang war.

Oh shit I knew he was going to have to be brought back. That's the kid Harold save when posing as a teacher.

2πR
will end up the most important episode of the series by the end I think.

Shit, I should have seen it coming...

0XhU2uL.jpg

Yup. Both Dominic and Caleb were in that class. Who would have thought a standard episode like that would have such repercussions two seasons later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What was that part about single people being irrelevant opposed to national security? That no life is to small is the whole premise of the show :D
Of course the machine and the team take also interest in the gang war.
I think the problem is with the pacing of the show, where you go from Shaw being kidnapped and the team searching for her, to Harold almost being captured, and then back to this gang war story where they seem to be fine with these villains existing, but only if they don't harm "innocent people".

Again, I'm hoping the payoff is that the Dominic and Samaritan storylines are tied together and that I'm just not seeing the obvious connection (perhaps his gang connections are off the grid so when NYC gets shut down, they're able to use him to fight back or whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom