• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Just imagine the reveal that Dominic found out about Samaritan on his own and the ultimate reason for him building his crime empire is to fight it. Like the villain that is a villain to fight the bigger and more evil villain. Only that our heroea already know the villain, but didn't know that the lesser villain knew.

Just imagine if Team Machine would have access to Dominics and Elias crews and with this to most gangs in New York. And then them taking over a part of New York or using the Gamgsters to actually take out all Samaritan facilities around the world.

Sölf

0XhU2uL.jpg

Yup. Both Dominic and Caleb were in that class. Who would have thought a standard episode like that would have such repercussions two seasons later.

I knew he was someone that appeared before, but I totally forgot when and who he was. Dayum.

Also, dat final scene. Based Harold. :A

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit I knew he was going to have to be brought back. That's the kid Harold save when posing as a teacher.

God damn, that is awesome. I knew he had appeared somewhere, and that compression software sounded familiar.

Harper is totally going to appear in another episode. I doubt she'll work for Dominic after being with Finch and John but this show loves its twists.

Anyway, I loved the vibe of this show. Felt a bit more personal. That scene with John and Dominic was pretty awesome.

Patryn

I suspect that Harper is going to hook up with Dominic, and that's how Dominic is going to figure out stuff about Harold.

Remember that Harper knows about the apartment, too, so that's been burned as well.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect that Harper is going to hook up with Dominic, and that's how Dominic is going to figure out stuff about Harold.

Remember that Harper knows about the apartment, too, so that's been burned as well.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid. I thought at first that she was working with Dominic and was going to tell them about John and Finch. I hope John's smart enough to see that danger, specially since he saw them talking.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also, yeah the Pi episode seems to be very important. Interesting to see how two people got a different interpretation from what a teacher showed. Although one was more assisted by said teacher.

It also goes to show how powerful education is, I think that's something the writers are trying to show. With Claire showing Finch what "Samaritan is" with schools, and possible heroes and villains growing from a single class. Pretty awesome the themes they are playing with. (edit: and I totally double posted, crap)

ZenaxPure

Oh man, I got such a huge smile on my face when I heard Caleb's voice before the camera showed his face, I knew exactly where that was heading (guy has a really unique voice). Love it!

Random, but, I found it interesting that this episode was told with the Samaritan UI and not the Machine's. Every episode this season they have used the Samaritan one it had some sort of involvement in what was going on. I wonder if this just an oversight or totally intentional.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
With Root's involvement, it was totally intentional.

Or maybe they're hinting Dominic will eventually be involved witht the Samaritan plot.

Sh1ner

I really hope we get more Dominic as the show goes on. I hope he isn't brought to heel as Elias has been with the group. I love his street terminology combined with his intellect. I have always hated characters that were from the street and were one dimensional. With Dominic I feel we are getting spoilt.Great actor and great writing in my opinion!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I really hope we get more Dominic as the show goes on. I hope he isn't brought to heel as Elias has been with the group. I love his street terminology combined with his intellect. I have always hated characters that were from the street and were one dimensional. With Dominic I feel we are getting spoilt.Great actor and great writing in my opinion!

Yeah, not sure why I never thought about GoldSellers in MMORPG's as potentially being money laundering services.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, not sure why I never thought about GoldSellers in MMORPG's as potentially being money laundering services.

Spending a crap load of time playing mmos over the years this is totally something I have thought about. When Dominic mentioned it in the episode I was just nodding my head saying "go on Dominic, tell me more."

Lonestar

Spending a crap load of time playing mmos over the years this is totally something I have thought about. When Dominic mentioned it in the episode I was just nodding my head saying "go on Dominic, tell me more."

aye, I've gotten my fair share of thousands of private messages offering 100,000 gil/gold/currency.

Verger

Banned
I actually did not enjoy this episode. The POI wasn't anything that hasn't been done before and was kind of annoying. And outside of the Dominic/Reese talk and the Caleb reveal there wasn't anything very interesting about the episode.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I actually did not enjoy this episode. The POI wasn't anything that hasn't been done before and was kind of annoying. And outside of the Dominic/Reese talk and the Caleb reveal there wasn't anything very interesting about the episode.

I agree probably one of the weakest of the season so far.

Apoc29

This show has really slowed down since If Then Else. I mean given the quality of that episode, I guess you have to expect things to go downhill from there.

I did not recognize Caleb at all. I remember the episode he was in, but the character didn't leave an impression on me. It's cool they're bringing him back though; I appreciate that the show embraces its continuity.

cocopuffs

Banned
If Then Else was a crazy good episode so it is kinda expected. And anyways, this is probably just the short lull before the season picks up again leading to the finale.

And episode 19 is called "Search and Destroy" so you at least know that's a major episode. Maybe even episode 18 (SKIP), in case that "SKIP" is computer related.

Hello!

After creating this thread back in 2014, and deciding to watch the show...

neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=796088

...I have just finished Season 3 (sorry, that look me a long time).

I thought I would just drop by and say JESUS FUCKING CHRIST in regards to the end of Season 3.

Other than gazing at the OP a bit (great work BTW), I am not reading this thread, but just wanted to say thanks for the reccomedation. The show is beyond amazing. POIGAF was right. POIGAF is awesome.

Some day I might actually be able to chat in the thread, but I am still 16 episodes behind live TV, until then we are just ships passing in the night.

Hopefully no more people have died and the world is not on fire. Also, I always think Bear is going to die during big action scenes. PLEASE DONT KILL BEAR.

Hope to chat with you all some day...

XXX

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
One of us, one of us!!! Glad you've liked the series so far, Keyser, you're gonna love S4.

Also, John had his John Wick moment in the disco:

S8s4EIA.gif

Decided to jump into season four, currently finished episode four. Wow! I'll admit, I had some trepidation after the season three finale, but all were quelled. Masterclass. They legitimately brought up another gear. Amy Acker continues to be a scene stealer. And then guest starring Wrenn Schmidt? Oh my heck.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If Then Else was a crazy good episode so it is kinda expected. And anyways, this is probably just the short lull before the season picks up again leading to the finale.

And episode 19 is called "Search and Destroy" so you at least know that's a major episode. Maybe even episode 18 (SKIP), in case that "SKIP" is computer related.

that episode is one the best of the entire show, I think the season started way too awesome, every episode built up to something and then it all culminated in that awesome episode. Things have slow down a bit, but it's understandable, it's hard to keep up the same pace for 22 episodes, beside it would be exhausting. I actually like the previous 2 episodes before this one. Felt like a return to season 1, but this last one was just weak

Episode 10. This lil brah plucked straight from Scorpion. Hackin DARPA. Sucks I've already been spoiled on next episode. Where is Fusco's new boss? Rehab?

ZenaxPure

I liked this episode :(

I liked it too. Didn't care for the POI that much herself and they left it open for her to come back which I am not thrilled about, but, the episode itself I liked.

Mostly didn't like her because I hate the typical grifter trope in tv shows and hers was pretty much by the books. I can only imagine any future storyline with her will also be the usual annoying grifter crap and it will waste our time.

I did not like episode 11.....

Episode 14. Pretty decent. Wrenn Schmidt continues to be amazing. A real regal and sophisticated beauty, but I can't help thinking she is secretly evil....

I liked this episode :(

So did I!

It's a slow one, with an average POI, and basically just setting up groundwork for what's to come... but it worked for me. I loved Reese smashing fools in the club, fuck I loved everything about Reese this episode ("or I can just keep kicking his ass from a distance") and Dominic was great, too. This is probably the second best Brotherhood ep after The Devil We Know, and the first time I felt we got a good sense of what makes them such a formidable threat overall (the gold farming, the private security company... the Brotherhood is finally starting to look next level). And then the Caleb reveal. This ep slowly turned the heat back up after things had cooled for a bit.

It's not a great episode but I liked it more than the last two. Claire's return was good on paper but that was another episode that I found weak in execution, and the episode before that was basically saved by Zoe and some good character writing (e.g. the scenes with Reese and Iris). I did like the S1 style premise of the courthouse ep but didn't care for the story much at all.

jb1234

Once I figured out the latest episode was a POI by the numbers, I pretty much tuned out and started multitasking. This season started out really good and has pretty much flatlined. Hoping it picks up very soon.

(It doesn't help that Dominic is boring as fuck. The actor doesn't have much screen presence.)

I just watched episode 11. I am catching up POIGAF.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS OF ALMIGHTY LORD JESUS AT THAT EPISODE.

I am still not reading this thread at all. I will read all this thread later.

I love you all.

Lonestar

They do have a synopsis for the next episode (March 10th)

Reese and Finch try to protect a psychologist whose unorthodox methods for helping his patients find closure could cost him dearly. Meanwhile, flashbacks reveal Finch's fragile state in the days following the bombing that killed his best friend, Nathan Ingram.

Oooooh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom