• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskcm

Well, the next episode is definitely the one we've been waiting for. Nobility already guessed it based on the writing credits.

It's the sequel to Pretenders. CBS put out the press release, which confirms it. Beth Bridges arrives in New York for the meeting with the angel investor/Decima, I guess? Either way, she's in the episode. Wonder if/how that's going to tie into the POI of the week. Here's the synopsis:

"Skip" - Reese must protect a bounty hunter who refuses to let the potential threat to her life deter her from the relentless pursuit of her target. Also, Finch tries to set the plan he began in Shanghai in motion, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, March 24 (10:01 - 11:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Nnnnnnnnnnn really want to see what finchs plan

danielcw

Is there a list of episodes of good/stand-out or important episodes of seasons 1 and 2?
I really started to get into the show with season 3, and need to catch up, but I can't just watch it on the side. Since I don't have time for all episodes, I would be nice if someone has a list.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That's so hard, PoI is great because they always fuse the procedural episodes with the meta story.

Heck, even the first half of S1, which people say it's quite weak (I liked it though), has a lot of character backstory.

Sober

Is there a list of episodes of good/stand-out or important episodes of seasons 1 and 2?
I really started to get into the show with season 3, and need to catch up, but I can't just watch it on the side. Since I don't have time for all episodes, I would be nice if someone has a list.
Check the OP, there's a link to an article on IGN about a shortlist of episodes. There's a few missing IMO, but the list is still good. There are also recommended episodes inbetween those that are also worth watching on those it (it's for s1-3) which I highly suggest you try to get to.

danielcw

There's a few missing IMO, but the list is still good.
Would you kindly add some of them, maybe with a short reasoning, maybe just for season 1?

Check the OP, there's a link to an article on IGN about a shortlist of episodes.

Your OP is excellent by the way. I had read it before, shortly after the season started.
To a certain degree I used it as a model for my Newsroom S3 OT.
The only thing I did not like is the bias against "procedurals" (on CBS)

Sober

Would you kindly add some of them, maybe with a short reasoning, maybe just for season 1?
Working off of this list I would say:

S1: There's still a lot of important stuff in S1 that you can't really skip over. But:

1x04 is just a personal favourite, but you can skip that
1x05 if you really need to trim the fat, standalone mostly
1x12 is skippable
1x16
1x18 both are fairly standalone episodes

First seven episodes are a pretty important first arc, and the rest to 1x13 are equally important or introduce wrinkles to the show's formula. Also anything not listed you get a lot of character backstory from the stuff you watch, especially through flashbacks. Most of the episodes in S1 are procedural first, with a lot of serial lines simmering in the background, but they pave the way for when later seasons become more devoted to the serial arcs and all the small details start to pay off in dividends. The last stretch of 5 or so episodes ramps up the finale, so don't skip any of those.

S2: A few episodes got bumped up to required after some of the stuff in S4. You can't really skip a lot of S2 either, really, because most of the time you'll get really important season-long plot beats or big character backstory in them. Or quite a few middle of the road S2 episodes are full-steam serial instead of it simmering in the background.

The only ones in S2 you can skip for being mostly standalone are:

2x04
2x07 (though a really fun episode you should watch)
2x09
2x17
2x18

My list is heavily biased on episodes with significant character backstory or big season-length plot points show big movement. Most of these skippable episodes still have those longer plot points that they touch on, but usually not too big movements.

Honestly the list of what you can reasonably skip and still have a good grasp is really short that you should just watch it all.

Well, the next episode is definitely the one we've been waiting for. Nobility already guessed it based on the writing credits.

It's the sequel to Pretenders. CBS put out the press release, which confirms it. Beth Bridges arrives in New York for the meeting with the angel investor/Decima, I guess? Either way, she's in the episode. Wonder if/how that's going to tie into the POI of the week. Here's the synopsis:

"Skip" - Reese must protect a bounty hunter who refuses to let the potential threat to her life deter her from the relentless pursuit of her target. Also, Finch tries to set the plan he began in Shanghai in motion, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, March 24 (10:01 - 11:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Guest starring
goddamn Lagertha herself, Katheryn Winnick
this should be great.

danielcw

Honestly the list of what you can reasonably skip and still have a good grasp is really short that you should just watch it all.

Yeah, you have me almost convinced to do just that.

But now I see, that I should have phrased my question better.
It is less about catching up on the story, after all, I was able to jump into season 4 without major problems, and without having seen any Samaritan episode before.

So it is more about picking episodes to enjoy.
I was looking for recommendations like this.
1x04 is just a personal favourite, but you can skip that
Episodes you "numbers" think are stand-outs.

So I guess I will start with #1.04.
Or watch them all, slow but sure.

Wiktor

Promo for next week

First that crazy Samartian killer, now this. Seems PoI is finally fixing one of it's problems - lack of hot blondes. After three seasons of hot brunettes it was about time ;)

And John
getting some action.
Nice... :D

I caught up.

I dont know what to say now...

Endgame / The Crossing / The Devil's Share are my favorite group of episodes of any TV show ever.

This is the best scene in all of Television

Actually, Root escaping the mental facility was fantastic scene as well. Her talk with the guy before that made it better

Relevance is probably my fave singular episode. Deus Ex Machina too for how it push the show forward. If-Then-Else was the best the show did this season IMO.

Mors Praematura was a great epp too... AHHHH

I wish Leon Tao and Zoe Morgan were more regular appearing characters

If Bear ever dies or even gets a bit hurt I will not take it well. I cannot cope with him in action scenes... too much stress.

I cannot wait to watch this showEVERY WEEK now

Right guys? Right?

#teamshoot

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I caught up.

I dont know what to say now...

Endgame / The Crossing / The Devil's Share are my favorite group of episodes of any TV show ever.

This is the best scene in all of Television

Actually, Root escaping the mental facility was fantastic scene as well. Her talk with the guy before that made it better

Relevance is probably my fave singular episode. Deus Ex Machina too for how it push the show forward. If-Then-Else was the best the show did this season IMO.

Mors Praematura was a great epp too... AHHHH

I wish Leon Tao and Zoe Morgan were more regular appearing characters

If Bear ever dies or even gets a bit hurt I will not take it well. I cannot cope with him in action scenes... too much stress.

I cannot wait to watch this showEVERY WEEK now

Right guys? Right?

#teamshoot

All you got to do is bump your old Arrow vs Person of Interest topic with the good news ;P

Lonestar

Wait
Lagertha what are you doing in present day new york

Hopefully
seen by more people on a bigger show, potentially becoming a cast member to fill the "sexy gunfighter" role that's been recently vacated.

Nobility

Banned
Looks like we know when the rest of the episodes will be airing.

Skip
- March 24
Search and Destroy
- April 7
Terra Incognita
- April 14
Asylum (Episode title change, previously called Black Site)
- April 28
YHWH
- May 5

Two more weekly breaks...but the finish line is in sight.

Loving those episode names.

YHWH
- May 5

To me that hints there is going to be
a third Machine/God. Or maybe Samaritan or OG Machine evolves into YHWH/Yahweh. Actually, boosting OG Machine's ability to fight head to head with Samaritan for Season 5 seems a good way to go!
It feels good to wildly speculate and not run from spoilers!.

I almost feel like letting the last 5 episodes air, and then watching them all in one go. The bad scheduling hurts me so much after having endless supply of the show for so long

Maybe I should move on to Arrow or Hannibal?

Sober

Arrow/Flash have decent action sequences but honestly unless you are a huge comic book fan and will squeal because "X thing in comics got made on screen, I can't believe it" a dozen times a week (Flash threads are constantly guilty of this heinous crime), they're kinda a step down from POI overall.

Hannibal is great though.

cocopuffs

Banned
Looks like we know when the rest of the episodes will be airing.

Skip
- March 24
Search and Destroy
- April 7
Terra Incognita
- April 14
Black Site
- April 28
YHWH
- May 5

Two more weekly breaks...but the finish line is in sight.

Loving those episode names.
Will they be able to go out with a bang with only 5 episodes left? I mean, the beginning of the Samaritan arc in Season 3 started with Lethe (E13) and went on for like 10 more episodes before the end of the season. With only 5 episodes, are they going to be able to introduce anything major or gamechanging?

Arrow/Flash have decent action sequences but honestly unless you are a huge comic book fan and will squeal because "X thing in comics got made on screen, I can't believe it" a dozen times a week (Flash threads are constantly guilty of this heinous crime), they're kinda a step down from POI overall.

Hannibal is great though.

I think I will move onto Hannibal. I liked Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies - and this is the same guy. It should appeal to my interests!

It is a pity I caught up on POI during a slight lull. I trust the show will step things up in the run to the end though. It always does it!

Lonestar

Will they be able to go out with a bang with only 5 episodes left? I mean, the beginning of the Samaritan arc in Season 3 started with Lethe (E13) and went on for like 10 more episodes before the end of the season. With only 5 episodes, are they going to be able to introduce anything major or gamechanging?

It's what I think is about to happen, going by the synopsis.

Nobility

Banned
Does anyone want an ultraviolet code for season three? I bought the blurray and have no need for the code

Great idea, same here.

I have S2 and S3 UltraViolet codes that needs to be used by September 3 for S2 so I might as well give it away.

Send me a PM if you want them.

Sober

New episode, then a break. More breaks for the break god. NCAA ruins not just TV schedules (see the recent John Oliver clip for more info).

"Skip"

Reese must protect a bounty hunter who refuses to let the potential threat to her life deter her from the relentless pursuit of her target. Also, Finch tries to set the plan he began in Hong Kong in motion.

Lonestar

shoot, is it coming on earlier and earlier in the eastern territories? Wonder if it comes on at noon in Iceland.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I shouldn't have asked, this wait is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom