• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
both liked and hated that.

Iris is fine, but give me Vikings Lady every time. Would be a fine replacement for Shaw.

I like the shakeup between Root and Finch, and I have a feeling part of it, is because she's already got that same plan in motion, with the kid from "pi."

Also liked Thornhill coming back, and showing that perhaps there are other unknown assets out there.

Hated that the show basically destroyed Finch's plans, which destroy's that kick ass scene of Finch in the streetlight and his "We need to talk" line to The Machine. What is that good for anymore?

Nobility

Banned
both liked and hated that.

Iris is fine, but give me Vikings Lady every time. Would be a fine replacement for Shaw.

I like the shakeup between Root and Finch, and I have a feeling part of it, is because she's already got that same plan in motion, with the kid from "pi."

Also liked Thornhill coming back, and showing that perhaps there are other unknown assets out there.

Hated that the show basically destroyed Finch's plans, which destroy's that kick ass scene of Finch in the streetlight and his "We need to talk" line to The Machine. What is that good for anymore?
I am disappointed that part of the story line is altered but I think that was always part of the writers plan.

I think The Machine was using Finch for the Trojan horse part, it never intended Finch himself to get in more serious danger, mitigating risk to follow its prime directive of protecting life instead of sacrificing chess pieces.

The pieces are falling into place, just waiting for the writers to deliver.

CBS, JUST RENEW THIS SHOW ALREADY! :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I am disappointed that part of the story line is altered but I think that was always part of the writers plan.

I think The Machine was using Finch for the Trojan horse part, it never intended Finch himself to get in more serious danger, mitigating risk to follow its prime directive of protecting life instead of sacrificing chess pieces.

The pieces are falling into place, just waiting for the writers to deliver.

CBS, JUST RENEW THIS SHOW ALREADY! :(

Would've been great if Root had said that he wasn't a chess piece to be sacrificed.

Has any other CBS series been renewed anyway?

Finch's emotional blackmail is God-tier.

Lol, that came around to bite him in the ass.

Frankie is awesome. She should join the team.

Of course Iris is in love with John.

Wonder if they're gonna kill her off too.

ZenaxPure

Man that episode was intense. Dunno what else to say really but damn, actually thought we were going to lose him there for a sec.

Also I always knew the machine had more assets out there! I'm glad to see it finally confirmed.

Also really enjoyed Frankie, would like to see her back at some point.

That CG on the gun fire.

Ok I am glad I am not the only one that noticed this. The shootout at the boat place might be one of the worst looking things on this show ever, only second to the explosion in the Vigilance storage unit.

Chariot

So much romance teasing, it was like watching anime.
I liked that Fusco was very aware and respectful of the chemistry between Reese and Lagertha. He didn't crack any jokes at it and removed himself from the scene if possible. Usually the normal sidekick or joke character has to comment annoyingly.

But very nice episode, we had a lot going on without the diffferent things eating each others away. Harold and Root crushed me :(

BBboy20

Ok I am glad I am not the only one that noticed this. The shootout at the boat place might be one of the worst looking things on this show ever, only second to the explosion in the Vigilance storage unit.
I'm surprised they don't have recoiling fake pistols/airsofts at times.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All the shootouts budget went into the Shaw slo-mo scene, it seems.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, I don't know why, but I feel like Root didn't destroy the activator, with her saying "Professor Whistler would have died", but she assumes many identities, allowing her to activate the trojan without anyone from the team dying.

Chariot

BTW, I don't know why, but I feel like Root didn't destroy the activator, with her saying "Professor Whistler would have died", but she assumes many identities, allowing her to activate the trojan without anyone from the team dying.
Yeah, it seemed obvious to me that she didn't actually destroy the activator. If only by the logic of storytellinh. Such an important device doesn't get destroyed off-screen and such a big sub storyline doesn't just get thrown out like this.

That was a damn fine episode. I know it undid Finch's plot, but I think the storytelling surrounding it was top-notch. Root feels like a completely different character from the last time she was given more screentime, and I'm loving that. But, hell, couldn't she have just broken up Beth and Finch in the first place without going through the trouble of raising her body count? And, heck, if the Machine didn't think there was a huge threat to Finch if he completed the task, why should Root think there was? I mean, the Machine is the one who was trying to stop Root from continuing the search for Shaw; she has supposedly been disobeying that anyway and she's not dead yet. *shrug*

I was wary of this Frankie character before she was introduced, but she was a fine addition to the episode. Her and Reese have some real chemistry, and that was more than a bit entertaining to watch; I loved that fight while they were handcuffed. Sucks that the relationship they're pushing is with Iris. To be honest, I find her kind of bland since she's not in the mix with the Samaritan plot. Oh well, sadly as many of us have predicted, it'll likely not end well for her.

Also, not that I didn't like Shaw, but I'm not sure I would mind if she didn't come back permanently. I like the dynamic the current team has. I know they're eventually going to add a fifth member, but Reese, Root, Finch, and Fusco - it's such an excellent cast and the chemistry is amazing; I think it's been working better since Shaw left, pairing these characters up in teams they wouldn't have otherwise been in. Actually, we need a full on Fusco-Root pair-up subplot, which is probably the most underutilized pairing and the funnest to watch.

Has any other CBS series been renewed anyway?

I don't think any CBS dramas have been renewed yet. I'm still waiting on this and The Good Wife renewals, though the latter is more of a foregone conclusion than PoI.

Man, that ending between Root and Harold tugs at the heartstrings.

:(

Same here. I thought I was being a total sap at that part. When Root says it's ok if Finch doesn't want to be her friend anymore, I got really sad. :(

Patryn

Yeah I can't see this ending in anything but tragedy. John is gonna get her killed, something bad has happened to every woman John has ever became friends with except for Zoe.

I swear, I still have money on her working for Samaritan.

I don't trust her. Like, at all.

News Bot

Banned
I liked that Fusco was very aware and respectful of the chemistry between Reese and Lagertha. He didn't crack any jokes at it and removed himself from the scene if possible. Usually the normal sidekick or joke character has to comment annoyingly.

Fusco is well versed in bro code.

Patryn

Was this episode supposed to be Frankie's try-out episode? Because it really felt like the show was auditioning for a Shaw replacement with her.

Great episode, it did a good job tying some story threads up (Finch's plan, Reese and Iris, Harper Rose) and leaving a few open for the rest of the season. This show is suffering from terrible scheduling decisions, though. Another break? Seriously?

Was this episode supposed to be Frankie's try-out episode? Because it really felt like the show was auditioning for a Shaw replacement with her.
I don't think so. A lot of these episodes since Shaw left has hinted at different people possibly joining the main cast. Fusco and Detective Silva worked together on the PoI and Fusco even said she reminded him of a friend and then later clarified a few friends. Zoe was hinted at a little but she's always been sporadic on this show. Wyatt Morris was also strongly favored amongst the group. Frankie and Harper have had similar strong hints to joining the team. I'm undecided where Iris is involved with all of this. I'm inclined to believe she won't really get involved with the Machine vs. Samaritan thing and that she is predominantly a love interest for Detective Riley.

With us discovering Harper is getting orders from the Machine and Root talking about recruiting people, I suspect all of these people and possibly previous PoIs are being recruited by the Machine and that it is slowly beginning to manipulate a lot of people the same way Samaritan is. Even Claire and Control who both are tools for Samaritan are growing distrust. It will likely all lead up to something big in the finale with both machines having recruited small armies of agents and other people they use to manipulate. Where exactly that is headed I'm not sure. Personally Harper is my favorite new character theyve introduced this season; I'm also fond of Iris. Frankie was pretty cool as well and I wouldn't be opposed to her joining the main cast either.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is all a plan from the writers to make us feel bad for having said that the previous episodes were not good because they were procedurals.

Doorman

Pretty entertaining episode overall, they did a lot of work to ratchet up the drama of things although I feel like a few of those points were a bit overblown or out of character. Iris claiming to have feelings for John was made out like it's supposed to be a big deal, but it's felt to me like they'd both been hinting in that direction since they continued the "extended sessions," so it came off feeling kind of hammy here. I agree that she's not to be trusted, and I suspect she's trying to slow-play Reese in the hopes that she'll eventually be led to Harold and the rest of the team.

Sad to see Finch's plan go up in smoke like that...except it didn't and it's pretty obvious that Ms. Groves didn't actually destroy the activator. She can't use the program that Finch wanted, but the groundwork for the plan is still there...

Same here. I thought I was being a total sap at that part. When Root says it's ok if Finch doesn't want to be her friend anymore, I got really sad. :(

It feels weird to me the extent to which Harold has been willing to overlook Root's past transgressions. I get at this point that the show's writing is kind of "over it," her character still kind of bugs me in a few ways, so I don't mind her going off and doing her own thing for a while.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It feels weird to me the extent to which Harold has been willing to overlook Root's past transgressions. I get at this point that the show's writing is kind of "over it," her character still kind of bugs me in a few ways, so I don't mind her going off and doing her own thing for a while.

Well, he still always knew what Reese and Shaw did in their times before joining up. He knew about Fusco.

All did some pretty heinous stuff before.

He even "treated" Root a bit more harshly in the beginning, up to committing her, and then locking her up in the library.

But like the other 3, has let her gain his trust enough to be let in, if only slightly.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, in the first couple of episodes, Finch really showed no trust to John, and was worried about how Shaw was hard to control and predict.

Frog-fu

Banned
Was just starting to watch the episode and had to pause.

How many fucking times are we going to have to see John chasing numbers belonging to elusive "mysterious" women? It's past ridiculous how often they've used this exact same plot device.

Step it the fuck up, POI.

On with the show...

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Four.

Expect major events very soon to shape season five...

Once CBS renews POI

It still hasn't been renewed yet!? Be still my beating heart.

Has CBS started renewing any other shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom