• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We're in the last quarter of the season. I have to assume we're about to hit the start of the finale arc!

Nobility

Banned
LRihPHS.gif

Doorman

Samaritan hijacked his entire company and is trying to kill him off...in order to find the Machine.

Hoo shit this is good stuff.

Doorman

That promo, what the hell?

Also sucks for Suliman. I wondered why they bothered bringing him all the way there after spending the whole episode obviously trying to just kill him...and hey, turns out my concerns were addressed. Good work writers.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
That promo, what the hell?

Also sucks for Suliman. I wondered why they bothered bringing him all the way there after spending the whole episode obviously trying to just kill him...and hey, turns out my concerns were addressed. Good work writers.

I missed why they killed him? Turned the TV off to soon!

Lonestar

Guy goes "I want to see this thing thats destroyed me. I want to look into it's eyes!"
Greer goes: "....ok."
Greer shoots him in the chest.

Show ends with Greer lighting a cigar and what looked like a red asterisk reflected in guy's dead eyes.

Root and Chekov's briefcase. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Guy goes "I want to see this thing thats destroyed me. I want to look into it's eyes!"
Greer goes: "....ok."
Greer shoots him in the chest.

Show ends with Greer lighting a cigar and what looked like a red asterisk reflected in guy's dead eyes.

Root and Chekov's briefcase. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Okay, I saw that.

Don't realky understand what happened with that and the egg thing and root hiding the case though. Till next week.

katagai

He wanted to see Samaritan at work, so Greer shot him and let him watch Samaritan play footage of it tracking him down. The final thing he sees before he dies, is the red "TARGET ELIMINATED" asterisk flashing on screen.

Lonestar

The "Why" is more or less "you know I exist, and you aren't stepping to my music 100%, and I've got what I've wanted out of you, your usefulness is at an end, deletemurderkill."

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This episode man. It was amazing, second to If-Then-Else. Thank goodness we get another one next week!

Jeez, I'm usually the one splooshing about every new PoI
ok Root is always sploosh-worthy
, but you guys taking it to a new level tonight. It was a damn fine episode, but second to If-Then-Else? Some of ya'll need to lie down.

On that note, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT ON ANY NETWORK? YOU CAN'T JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND LEAVE US HANGING.

Also, PoI delivering on my weekly cheese quota: "Finch, this takeover just got hostile." I love it.

Root taking it to Martine was awesome, but again I call to question the disparity in abilities here; isn't Martine supposed to be Reese-tier at CQC, and she has trouble with Root? Oh well, I guess we'll sweep that under the rug, since Root absolutely delivered on the ass-kicking. I was hoping Martine would die though.

I recall someone saying that Reese and Root didn't have chemistry; that last scene, "I need you ready for battle", was too good. The GOAT dynamic duo. Sorry Finch.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hmm I actually found the episode pretty mediocre and predictable. I knew from the start Aasif Mandvi was going to die simply because he's Aasif Mandvi and thus would not be able to be have a recurring role. Everything else just played out like a predictable POI episode except their was no real twist or revelation, just a cliffhanger.

BBboy20

So death is all that Samaritain see?

Also, um, there ain't much hiding left for Team Machine at this rate.

Also,
why do I get the feeling Reese is going to hallucinate Carter?

Why? I for one welcome our new machine overlord.

Agh, it's just so frustrating to see them essentially running circles around Team Machine.

It's just such injustice. Samaritan basically does whatever the fuck he wants whenever the fuck he wants. He's like fucking Joffrey from Game of Thrones, just without a face that someone can bitchslap the shit out of. A fantastic villain that you truly, truly hate, that impacts the story enormously, that drives everything, but holy God, do I want him fucking put in the ground.

Blackage

Man I had flashbacks to Watch Dog's ctOS system going haywire when those Blockers raised up, I really hope there's an insane part when Samaritan goes nuts trying to stop Team Machine from reaching a destination. I'd like to see that madness in real life. :eek:

Chariot

VH14Paw.gif

Amazing episode all around, but Root was really shining in this. Loved her attack on the restaurant and her trying to get well again with Finch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom