• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

The image posted on the official POI Twitter for tomorrow's episode looks a bit stupid to me to be honest...

https://twitter.com/PersonInterest/status/595317442752159744

Kinda reminds me of this (which is not good)...

JyHGOl3.gif
v

Hopefully the episode is better than what is going on in my head.
I was prepared for the epic of the finale, but I am sure that I can't take that scene whatever it is not serious anymore. Thank you! >:O

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Replace UNATCO, Pentagon and the like with alphabetical organizations like the NSA, ISA, FIB, etc. and it's done.

This stuff writes itself, man.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, any predictions for the finale?

I'll throw a few that I've been thinking on for awhile.

I really believe we might be seeing the end of the Mafia storyline, in both Elias and Dominic. Dominic's Hubris has almost completely come home to roost, and Elias seemingly only had one thing left to fight for, revenge for Scarface (which seems to have been done).

I still think back on Elias' money man, and what was the whole point of that. They seemed way too interested in some off shore accounts. Perhaps as a parting gift, gives a fortune back to Finch?

Which perhaps might answer the next part: I really believe this is the end of The Machine, as we know it. But a reborn 2.0 Machine via either Caleb and Root's work (from earlier in the season) and/or the potential money from Elias.

I'm 50/50 on Samaritan making it, as I could see "The Correction" taking place after it could theoretically die (and give us more story to work through next season). The other 50, is I'd assume it would survive, for the future storyline of trying to rescue Shaw, who is still a Samaritan Prisoner.

If it doesn't die, I fully expect it to announce it's existence to the world, coinciding with whatever The Correction is.

Maybe the Correction is the elimination of certain heads of state, or perhaps it's a Winter Soldier situation, and it takes out those deemed to potentially harmful to Samaritan.

I expect little to no appearances of Shaw.

I really don't know if anyone else from Team Machine will die. Could see Reese as both safe and not, with all the backstory/foreshadowing he's had recently. Still think his "you need to know how to Shoot, Finch, cause I won't be around forever" has some meaning. Really don't want any of them to die, but I think the 3 that I would be outright pissed if killed off, would be Finch, Reese and Fusco.

Fully expect most of Decima to be killed, as well as Control (from the Sam Agent's foreboding speech).

So, I expect the Machine to go (it's current state that is).
Samaritan weakened but with some goals achieved.
The Correction partially or completely successful, and being some sort of government coup.
Mafia gone with one last gift for his Chess Partner
Something to come from Root/Caleb's work and Harold's button thing (Just Root and all those mysterious pieces she's acquired

Just long drawn out thoughts built up from the year.

Sober

And here we go, finale time!

"YHWH"

Finch and Root race to save The Machine, which has been located by the rival AI, Samaritan. Also, Reese is caught in the middle of the final showdown between rival crime bosses Elias and Dominic.

BBboy20

ahh, looking back, it's basically implying that the day they are on, is may 4th (or perhaps now 5th), as the tube note was the address to that courthouse (where the brotherhood got attacked) as a hit address and time (on 5/4). So basically, in POI time, "The Correction" is within a day of happening.

PdmQt43.gif
Is it still snowing in NYC?

Who do you think's gonna get The Machine out of that jam?

DAT FUSCO

NcWb5uS.gif
I actually would love this to be his way of earning that Yellow Square.

danielcw

Nothing like February weather in May!
Why do they insist on using May as a date for the finale anyway?

And the doctor episode, if you mean Cura Te Ipsum is pretty awesome. That final scene.
Just wanted to add, I liked all Doctor related episodes.

Not even BDs? Come on Max, us PoI fans have a certain standard we have to live up to around here. :p
I know you meant it as a joke, but they may be some cases, in which DVDs are the better choice.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There is also the early season 2 episode in which a doctor is forced to kill a patient during an operation.

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. It turned out well though. And it also introduced us to a villain, which we haven't seen again.

Really want to see where that former MI6 guy knows John from.

Doorman

Edit: Also I think Harper is gonna have a bigger role in season 5.

It's really been feeling to me like if they decide to kill off Root at some point, Harper's going to be the one to step in and take her place as the "wild card" female. Not necessarily as an actual member of Team Machine, but being contacted to do various helpful things through Thornhill or whatever does happen.

Chaos17

They really made Samaritin a bit over powered, imo.
while the Machine has so much limitations and that Finch never tried to give it more power by lifting some seals he made.

I do not workship the Machine but I do feel pity for her.
She see so many things but can't do anything about them.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't call it overpowered when an actual AI would have those abilities. Heck, it's kind of unreal to see the team exploit its blindspots.

Really want to see where that former MI6 guy knows John from.

A mission in Istanbul. They never explain more than that, but Wesley says he ran into Reese there, and Reese says he remembers the mission but not Wesley, and Wesley says that's because he's good at his job. It was such a great tease. Wesley is my favorite one-off villain the show has done.

I was really hoping he'd return, but I think the scope of the show has moved far beyond any storyline where a character like Wesley could figure into it again.

Doorman

Iris definitely isn't just a typical psych, but...I'm not entirely sold on her being with Samaritan just yet. That almost feels like it would be too expected for them to do it at this point.

EDIT: THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF TRUCK-SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom