• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So it's almost been a week. Are there any 360 players left?

SINKING SHIP. BAIL WATER TOMAT. BAIL. BAIL!

You done trollin' yet?

Need to finish the story mode
and then I guess I can give up on the game because I suck at fighting games
but the story mode is soooooo slow. :/

/And I'm really not getting into Juggleken at all. :/
//And SRK's group thingy isn't particularly helpful and is full of smug elitist pricks just like the last time

FSLink

Banned
Reposting on new page so more people can see it:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/vc3m234c3m

Hosting another Persona 4 Arena online tournament for this week (Friday, 9PM EST), but this time we'll give the Xbox 360 players some love. Stream will be at http://twitch.tv/fslink

Week 2 Persona 4 Arena (360) Tournament for NeoGAF!
Friday 9PM EST.
Double Elimination.
2/3 Rounds, losing player is allowed to switch characters during the set.
Top 8 will be 3/5 Rounds.

Please put your XBL name next to your NeoGAF username when registering. Example: FSLink / FSLink (XBL)

Best "glasses" to buy with e-money is easily Teddie's bandit mask.

MechaX

Are you saving your losses and looking over the footage? It sounds like you really need to identify your bad habits.

I have been reviewing some, but most of the matches are more of the "opponent suddenly makes decisive combat" variety of losses. Oh they just come in and mix me up to hell and back.

But as I play Naoto, one particular habit that has gotten me in trouble is rushing back in on the offensive after completely zoning the character out. I know you can't really kill by chip damage in this game, but I just have the habit of trying to get back in after like 20 bullets are blocked.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I find matches on 360 all the time.

Aren't you the same guy that kept asking us to have buyers remorse or some crazy talk?

SINKING SHIP. BAIL WATER TOMAT. BAIL. BAIL!

You done trollin' yet?

Need to finish the story mode
and then I guess I can give up on the game because I suck at fighting games
but the story mode is soooooo slow. :/

/And I'm really not getting into Juggleken at all. :/
//And SRK's group thingy isn't particularly helpful and is full of smug elitist pricks just like the last time

I rock xbox online, yo.

Troll mode off, Tomat?

Troll mode off, I sorry.

Solune

Wait, Mitsuru is supposed to be Noob friendly? I found her reliance on charge moves to be difficult to adjust to (not to mention brutal on my thumbs). Then again, I still haven't found anyone I'm good with, just a handful I'm less bad with.
I don't really have any difficulty with charge moves (yes I play pad), She has really good normals and a DP for those hail marys when you need to. Spacing her Persona attacks is the difficult part IMO. A whiffed jD or 2D = phat punish.
I couldn't imagine playing this sort of game on a pad unless you were playing Labrys/Shadow Labrys/Yu.

Nah, it's all about preference, it's a 4 button fighter anyways. I play on a DS3 and I've done Aigis' challenges.

I don't really have any difficulty with charge moves (yes I play pad), She has really good normals and a DP for those hail marys when you need to. Spacing her Persona attacks is the difficult part IMO. A whiffed jD or 2D = phat punish.

Nah, it's all about preference, it's a 4 button fighter anyways. I play on a DS3 and I've done Aigis' challenges.

Teach me how to play Dante with pad

Beckx

So it's almost been a week. Are there any 360 players left?

heh. I'm on 360, but was away at the beach last week. I had the game shipped there, but the net connection was terrible, so I've only played offline.

How is matchmaking on the 360 right now? Easy to get a match? I'm not necessarily worried if the general population is lower than PS3, but if it's too bad, I'll eventually switch over.

Skilletor

Agree. Also using the top 4 buttons as input shortcuts is niiice.

Well, that's kind of the entire point of playing on a pad. You don't need shortcuts like that on a stick since multiple buttons are easy to press.

No game is catered toward a pad or a stick, really. It's all preference.

I would never want to play this game on a pad.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
heh. I'm on 360, but was away at the beach last week. I had the game shipped there, but the net connection was terrible, so I've only played offline.

How is matchmaking on the 360 right now? Easy to get a match? I'm not necessarily worried if the general population is lower than PS3, but if it's too bad, I'll eventually switch over.

Beck is back from the beach guys, the 360 community is saved.

Chavelo

Reposting on new page so more people can see it:

Best "glasses" to buy with e-money is easily Teddie's bandit mask.

Sorry I couldn't make it to your PS3 tourney, FSLink. I pretty much just passed out when I got home and woke up like an hour after the tournament started. :(

Will try to make it to this one. :D

zlatko

Banned
Sorry I couldn't make it to your PS3 tourney, FSLink. I pretty much just passed out when I got home and woke up like an hour after the tournament started. :(

Will try to make it to this one. :D

You're going to participate in this 360 online tourney? Maybe I should join so I can body your Yu. :p

Chavelo

You're going to participated in this 360 online tourney? Maybe I should joins o I can body your Yu. :p

Hohohohoho, yesterday's SINGLE match between your Yosuke and my Charlie was just a minor setback.

The one with the swag will show you the way, "partner".

zlatko

Banned
Im on 360 send me a friend request..
GT: B1gg Randall

Speaking of which I felt bad I bailed after 1 game last night. Chavelo invited me to a lobby, then after that I played an online buddy of mine for a long time.

If you're on tonight around 6:30ish to 7:30ish up to 10:30PMish Mountain time, then I'm up for putting my less scrubby Akihiko up to fighting you. :)

Top Bottom