• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Speaking of which I felt bad I bailed after 1 game last night. Chavelo invited me to a lobby, then after that I played an online buddy of mine for a long time.

If you're on tonight around 6:30ish to 7:30ish up to 10:30PMish Mountain time, then I'm up for putting my less scrubby Akihiko up to fighting you. :)
lol Its cool man...I wanted to go back in the training room.

zlatko

Banned
Hohohohoho, yesterday's SINGLE match between your Yosuke and my Charlie was just a minor setback.

The one with the swag will show you the way, "partner".

I'm dropping Yosuke-kun though. ; ;

Akihiko fo life. That massive 10K health pool and dat massive damage. He's like Steve Fox for scrubs. :p

I'll be on again tonight if you wanna just do 1v1's after I play Randall.

Chavelo

I wanted to play you and Ken yesterday, we have to arrange some matches this week :mad:

I'm dropping Yosuke-kun though. ; ;

Akihiko fo life. That massive 10K health pool and dat massive damage. He's like Steve Fox for scrubs. :p

I'll be on again tonight if you wanna just do 1v1's after I play Randall.

Yeah, I need to apologize to Ken for last night. :(

How about this for all of you 360 bros (Ken, SolarKnight, and Zlatko, plus anyone else):

Let's do 1v1 FT10 sets for tonight. Either that, or we can try to do a lobby, but I much rather get a consistent set of matches against people this early in the game release.

So let's plan on meeting up with people here and update on whenever we're done with our sets and switch people. :D

How about this for all of you 360 bros (Ken, SolarKnight, and Zlatko, plus anyone else):

Let's do 1v1 FT10 sets for tonight. Either that, or we can try to do a lobby, but I much rather get a consistent set of matches against people this early in the game release.

I will try to get on tonight but I can't promise anything because school.

zlatko

Banned

So let's plan on meeting up with people here and update on whenever we're done with our sets and switch people. :D

This is I like.

I'll be on a bit later then what I just anticipated. :/ Gotta drive up to Greeley to drop something off after work, then come home to work out, THEN I can play, so 8:30ish/9:00ish is when I want that first to 10 for sure! :D

Xevren

I'd like to get in some matches on 360 side, still getting over this being sick bullshit. Still have very little experience playing people.

Defunkled

Man, getting in on people with Kanji is so difficult. Do you guys have any pointers? I'm getting destroyed by fast characters at the moment.

Beckx

I'm up for this, though I'm absolutely awful right now. Mostly playing Elizabeth and an even more awful Naoto. (How awful? My 8 year old was watching me and said "hey, you do what I do, use the same move over and over!").

XBL - Beckx, on late eves EST

Noi

Noi: Did some testing just now, and the outcome of Elizabeth's IK counter depends on both character's invincibility frames rather than the hitbox of the attack she's countering.

Activation will not land on the following:
Labrys - IK, Bull charge super
Aigis - IK
Yukiko - R Action
Yu - R Action, IK
Yosuke - IK
Chie - IK
Kanji - R Action
Teddy - Ball super
Akihiko - IK

Will outright lose to the following:
Labrys - Gears super when not at outer edge
Akihiko - Fullscreen lightning super

Also, all throws and command throws that would otherwise land on Elizabeth count as one hit. This means that if Liz uses the counter early in a round and receives two hits, then on a second attempt she only needs one more hit or throw attempt to KO.

This is good info to know. Much obliged!

I feel like I should go back to playing against people, but I still have a few stories to go and I know I'll get distracted if I break my vow now.

Shouta

Man, Naoto's SMP loop is way easier than I expected. It's just getting the combo to have 10 hits to set it up that seems to be the issue.

Solune

Teach me how to play Dante with pad
Pretty much what GuardianE jump box dash lolz.
You need to stick with guns, so go with Naoto. Just don't touch my Aigis.
Can I touch your Aigis?
Man, getting in on people with Kanji is so difficult. Do you guys have any pointers? I'm getting destroyed by fast characters at the moment.

Sorry I don't have time stamps but I recommend going through the Levelup Archive and watching The Biter, he did extremely well with Kanji in yesterday's tournament. http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

don't make me sub aigis

tumblr_lkosnnT1hU1qdq5u6.gif

zlatko

Banned
Okay, so Kanji has me in the corner and just knocked me down. If I stand up and he opts for a command grab when I stand, what can I do to avoid it? Just jump on my wake up, or does the "dash through" AC command work too?

zlatko

Banned
Jump, grabs>rolls.

Okay wasn't sure if command grabs beat it out too.

If Kanji is doing jump chair into air dive down really low to the ground, do I still have time to block chair high, and go to crouch quickly enough so as to not get hit by the dive?

The only way I know to avoid that air move is crouching.

Okay wasn't sure if command grabs beat it out too.

If Kanji is doing jump chair into air dive down really low to the ground, do I still have time to block chair high, and go to crouch quickly enough so as to not get hit by the dive?

The only way I know to avoid that air move is crouching.

Well, you should I guess. If it keps you in block stun long enough I guess it doesn't even matter though does it?

Top Bottom