• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

Heh, at first I was like ''Cool, Score Attack mode, must some kind of survival mode. Let's try it. I guess I'll handle a few matches...''

*Get badly raped in the first fight.*

''OK, fuck it. o_O''

It's still stupid.
It still uses Sukukaja, wasting meter or no reason.

Yeah, the name is misleading. It's not actually Score Attack mode, but Unlimited Mars Mode.

I can beat the computer Yosuke on Hell fairly consistently, yet I have yet to win a single round against Score Attack Yosuke ><;

Uncle AJ

Farthest I've gotten in Score Attack is Mitsuru (7th). Sometimes all it takes is extreme patience. I've seen a Yu player make it all the way to Elizabeth without knowing any combos or the oki setup. All he did was wait until he blocked an attack at close range, then DP because the AI can't resist pushing buttons. Ziodyne at full screen also caught them pretty much every time.

TWILT

Banned
Woo my fightstick finally arrived today!

That said, moving from pad to stick is harder than I thought. Slowly learning my way around it (got my BnBs down, gotta work on movement/okis next), but I won't be competent with it for a while.

alstein

This game is deader online than VF. It's really frustrating when this+VF are the two games I want to play. I'm not finding anyone who isn't Japanese or a ragequitter

Sophia

This game is deader online than VF. It's really frustrating when this+VF are the two games I want to play. I'm not finding anyone who isn't Japanese or a ragequitter

Play online with GAFFers if you can. There's usually someone in the evening. I was wondering if we'd hear about DLC or a future release tho. :\

Beckx

I just figured since the whole things usually lasted 3 hours max anyways, we could get stuff on stream or whatever.
It's also easier to keep track of and whatever.

If you guys wanna do matches separately and just report the results, that's fine.

It would be cool to see if we could do some of the matches during the week, to streamline Saturday.

Bummed I couldn't make the last two.

I never got past score attack Yosuke. I'm afraid for whatever other cheat characters come after him.

And that's why I'm not even trying to get past Yosuke - if the first guy is that bad, it's only going to get worse.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm I the only one who actually finds matches online? Or is it because I mostly play ranked?

Onemic

I never find matches on ranked anymore that isn't a 0 bar connection. It sucks because all I usually have to choose from in terms of good connections are usually C rank players.

Seik

Banned
So are all GAFers here like, fucking beasts?

In my case I played a lot, but I don't even have a main. :p

I'll register tonight for saturday.

Busaiku

I actually do suck.
I'm not being cheeky or anything, I seriously still drop autocombos sometimes.

I don't even know how that works.

Seik

Banned
Good to know, because I'm terrible as well. I do drop some autocombos sometimes as well. :p

By auto combo your mean that generic combo everyone can do by only pressing square right?

cjkeats

There's video evidence of how bad I am from Twilt's tourney.
But hey, I play for fun I don't take fighting games seriously at all.

Even though this thread is full of liars, I am legitimately bad at this game. But I won't be in the ranbats so that's not going to help anyone win.

Seik

Banned
Dah I failed, I registered quickly because I was at work.

Can someone delete me and then I'll register properly later tonight? Thanks!

in terms of fighting game skill I think Roe is probably up there for P4A gaf (don't know if Q counts). Haven't played Proto enough (only once in that lobby).

In terms of P4A character skill wise (as in abusing that cheap stuff their character has in order to win) Twil/Onem1c are up there. And fighting games are all about abusing cheap shit.

I can't win games with 2 out of 3. I mean I played Beats 30 something games and had a 10+ game lead and I still lost an hour later at the ranbat.

From my experience player rank wise

Roe/Perorist
Twil/Onem1c
Beats
Poorfate/HyperNina/Busaiku

I think Roe and Perorist overall have solid fundamentals. They don't make bad habits as much as the rest of P4A Gaf. They often adapt to the player.

Twil/Onem1c have solid gameplans. The problem thatI have notice is they don't adjust their gameplan often enough and analyze their games enough to make changes. For instance, Twil loves to jump at the start of the round. Up until last week I've noticed this is pretty much a consistent factor in all the sets we played and the games I've watched him played. Onem1c's issue is that he loves to just rush in and press button at times. Sometimes he just jumps and does j.A when its the one of the worst offensive option he can take.

I feel like beats playstyle is more along the lines of a chie player. He doesn't strike me of taking full advantage of yukiko, and at times feel hindered due to the character because of his rushdown oriented gameplan. He doesn't really abuse frame traps, fire gimmicks and or anything like that. Most of the time its jump back air dash j.AAA.

Sorry if I came out like a jackass (not trying to). Just trying to say what I feel about the competition. I know I have bad habits myself and we all need to work on them in order to get better.

Noi

I feel bad about missing the last two ranbats. I had to unreg from the second at the last minute cause something came up, and I already had plans for the third. :( Will try to catch the next one though.

...And I don't think I've ever played you at all Raging, haha. Despite the two of us being the og Yukiko users too, before I swapped to Labby anyway. Edit: NEVERMIND I just remembered the YOLO guillotine axe from the tournament, hahahaha.

Beats

Roe/Perorist
Twil/Onem1c
Beats
Poorfate/HyperNina/Busaiku

I feel like beats playstyle is more along the lines of a chie player. He doesn't strike me of taking full advantage of yukiko, and at times feel hindered due to the character because of his rushdown oriented gameplan. He doesn't really abuse frame traps, fire gimmicks and or anything like that. Most of the time its jump back air dash j.AAA.

I'd actually put myself below Poorfate and Busaiku. They've both won against my Yukiko pretty convincingly. I think I only won 2 matches out of the 30 I played against Poorfate one time lol.

Yeah, Yukiko might not be the character for me I think, but I'm only using her cause I think she looks cool. :p

I don't think I asked, but how did the round robin format go for you guys last time?

Onemic

Im A tier? Mitsuru going up in life :D

I don't think I've ever played perorist before.

Playing SFIVAE and going back to being an absolute scrub hurts me inside so much. :( I can barely manage to win a round much less an entire match in ranked. I think my win rate with Makoto is like 5%

Im A tier? Mitsuru going up in life :D

I don't think I've ever played perorist before.

Playing SFIVAE and going back to being an absolute scrub hurts me inside so much. :( I can barely manage to win a round much less an entire match in ranked. I think my win rate with Makoto is like 5%

Perorist was really good in adapting. He could do all the aigis combos but he adapted when he was losing which made him a really strong player.

Not to boast but I'd put myself up there with TWILT and Onemic. We come out pretty even when we play in terms of matches won.

I have to watch some of the gameplay again. All I know is that when we played, I was on vent with onem1c I spotted out some habits that I half-ass punished (drop combos/dropped oki setup). Though Onem1c says you're one of the best p4a-gaf so I guess maybe it was just that set.

In sets I go at least 40-60 at worst against Twil or Onem1c when I played. On average I would say its 55/45 vs twil and 45-55 vs onem1c. Mitsu is just a hard counter to yukiko (imo). But in tournament setting I know its straight up 0-2 vs any of them. I'm just not a tournament player (and thats why I ran yolo chie for the last gafbat).

I'd actually put myself below Poorfate and Busaiku. They've both won against my Yukiko pretty convincingly. I think I only won 2 matches out of the 30 I played against Poorfate one time lol.

Yeah, Yukiko might not be the character for me I think, but I'm only using her cause I think she looks cool. :p

Looks like people have their inner demons or something. I honestly think chie is a better character considering how you play. You get a better jump in mixup, more damage, better oki, and I think better air dash. I can see why you lose to characters that have air unblockable 2b since you like to do jump back airdash forward j.AAA. Certain characters can punish that on reaction pretty easily.

I feel bad about missing the last two ranbats. I had to unreg from the second at the last minute cause something came up, and I already had plans for the third. :( Will try to catch the next one though.

...And I don't think I've ever played you at all Raging, haha. Despite the two of us being the og Yukiko users too, before I swapped to Labby anyway. Edit: NEVERMIND I just remembered the YOLO guillotine axe from the tournament, hahahaha.

YOLO FULLSCREEN SUPER AND YOLO IK. I was like "yep now he has no options left I win...wait...what...wow that sucks."

in terms of fighting game skill I think Roe is probably up there for P4A gaf (don't know if Q counts). Haven't played Proto enough (only once in that lobby).

Don't bother, I'm not that good. I don't even play the game anymore. I just post in the thread.

On another note, ASTORIAS DLC!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom