• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I expected this thread to get a little more active once UltraChenTV started. Could it be that you all secretly have...
buyer's remorse?

Ken

Anyone have any good Labrys BnBs? Dustloop Labrys combo page has only like one level 5 Axe combo.

I expected this thread to get a little more active once UltraChenTV started. Could it be that you all secretly have...
buyer's remorse?

Or we're busy playing the game. :p

Hey, I can't use photoshop worth shit all, is there any forum I could go to to beg for an arcade stick template? It seems they don't exist for Qanba 4Rafs =(

EVOL 100%

This game is reminding me on how fucking terrible it can be to be a newbie in a fighting game. So much rage :(

The good moments do make up for it, but please play with people on your level.

Chavelo

Had a great session today with the local BB/KOF crew. Just five hours of five dudes trying to figure out what does what and laughing our asses off at Teddie's sprites and random Instant Kills.

I'm stoked that there will be a good couple of dudes that will try to learn the game, and we will feature it on the local KOF gatherings on Thursdays.

Also, Naoto is insanely sick with the keepaway, but I will have Charlie as my main at the moment. Kanji am cry :(

Bah, I really want to level up, but I want to clear story mode first. WHAT DO, GAF.

Chavelo

I mentioned in my last post that I'd be neat to borrow the player spreadsheet from MarvelGAF and I've had pretty crappy internet for the past few days, so with nothing much to do, I went and made one using the current names on the Community section.

PersonaGAF

Bump of justice!

Infinite

buyer's remorse?

It was kinda boring for me since I have the game and they were going over things I knew already. Got a better idea of the input for the instant air turn around though can pull it off consistanty now.

Sophia

Some 20 public games and I can't join a single one because they're all 0 bars. I even got permission to directly connect it to the modem too. >_>; This is infuriating and makes no sense.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I FOUND A LAG FREE MATCH. AMAZING.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You know I just remembered that nobody I know IRL will be getting this game. People say fighters are a lot better with couch coop, but I've never played most of the fighting games this gen in local MP.

Trying to decide, if I actually take the time to practice, if online MP will be good enough. I won't be trying to get tournament level good obviously, I know you need local multiplayer for that.

Also didn't manage to finish Persona 4 tonight either. Ended up [P4 spoilers for end game]
confronting Adachi in the hospital and went through the cutscenes until Teddie returned before I called it quits for the night. Heaven boss and optional boss took me a little while to finish.

vocab

Some 20 public games and I can't join a single one because they're all 0 bars. I even got permission to directly connect it to the modem too. >_>; This is infuriating and makes no sense.

Fix your shit. Because your setup is broken as hell.

EVOL 100%

When you make a room you can set up a mandatory number of bars required to enter it.

I don't get the point myself, since over half of the 0 bars I played with didn't have any lag whatsoever. And I'm fairly anal about these things.

Sophia

When you make a room you can set up a mandatory number of bars required to enter it.

I don't get the point myself, since over half of the 0 bars I played with didn't have any lag whatsoever. And I'm fairly anal about these things.

I actually just found a three bar lag free match. It was the greatest thing ever. I could do combos.

Fix your shit. Because your setup is broken as hell.

It's not. It's JUST this game. I've never encountered this problem on non Arc System Works games.

vocab

It's not. It's JUST this game. I've never encountered this problem on non Arc System Works games.

Maybe you are only finding Japanese games. Technically Japanese to US should be 0 bars because that's so much latency. Wait till people actually get the game.

Ken

You know I just remembered that nobody I know IRL will be getting this game. People say fighters are a lot better with couch coop, but I've never played most of the fighting games this gen in local MP.

Trying to decide, if I actually take the time to practice, if online MP will be good enough. I won't be trying to get tournament level good obviously, I know you need local multiplayer for that.

I think online MP is sufficient enough to have fun.

Sophia

I think online MP is sufficient enough to have fun.

Now that I've started finding 3 bar games, however rare they, online MP is amazing. <3

Just wish there was more than a single three bar game in a sea of Japanese players and zero bar connections.

I need a stick tho. The PS3 controller is hurting my poor thumb. ;_;

@EVOL: Wanna try a match now?

EVOL 100%

Now that I've started finding 3 bar games, however rare they, online MP is amazing. <3

Just wish there was more than a single three bar game in a sea of Japanese players and zero bar connections.

I need a stick tho. The PS3 controller is hurting my poor thumb. ;_;

@EVOL: Wanna try a match now?

Can't at the moment, sorry. And if you're having problems with Japanese, you'll most likely have problems playing with me too. :p Let's give it a go next time though.

laaame

Estimated delivery 08/07/2012

Free 3 day shipping

Thank you Newegg for pulling through.

Jotaro_walkforward.gif

=(

Est. delivery for me: 08/08/2012

Hopefully Newegg gives me my preorder bonus since they never had a confirmation if they were going to get them.

laaame

They kind of did by putting "Persona 4 Arena w/ CD" on the product page!

I thought I saw someone ask them about it to confirm and they were not actually sure when they would get it. Well it doesn't matter now because has already shipped, so yeah.

Is Arena canon? I ask this because I was thinking about the possibility of having S. Link characters as DLC but then I remembered they don't have Personas. But if Arena isn't considered canon then it really doesn't matter, so yeah.

Sophia

Ugh, I'm in real need of a stick cuz my hands are hurting, and that WWE one looks great, but I'm completely out of money now and will be for the foreseeable future. Life sucks.

Top Bottom