• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Venfayth

Called every walmart within 20 miles of my house, none of them are going to have this available at midnight. FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuu

Been playing for the last day and a half.

who I liked before playing: Teddie, Narukami, Mitsuru

who I like after trying them: Teddie, Narukami, Yukiko, Akihiko, Yosuke

Called every walmart within 20 miles of my house, none of them are going to have this available at midnight. FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuu

My friend is still trying to get an answer from our local one, they said to call back at 8. I am 90% sure they will say no. I wish a competent store would stay open till Midnight.

MrDaravon

It's pretty common for Walmart to not stock niche stuff, which has included almost all Atlus stuff. Way less shelf space to devote to games as compared to a Gamestop, etc. In the entire time I worked there I don't think we ever carried a single Atlus title, and the only one I can remember seeing there in the several years since was I think Catherine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Game should be in tomorrow morning at my Gamestop. Buyers remorse setting in. D:

Sophia

Im guessing thats because SLs Persona is a massive target lol

Yeah, it was kinda weird fighting Labrys in Arcade Mode and actually having it be a challenge, then Shadow Labrys was like "LOL PERSONA BREAK!!!!" and an easy win. :\

My Narukami is getting pretty solid. I'm in love with his normals except his 2.A. Holy shit that range is bad.

Heh, I'm enjoying Chie right now. It's unusual for me to like so many characters in a fighting game.

zlatko

Banned
Did irresponsible things with money in order to get the game tomorrow.

I had 60 dollars towards finishing paying off my desktop computer I got through Dell. (only 2 payments left) Payment isn't due till the 14th of this month, but I get paid on the 10th from my job. Traded in a game and paid off the 40 bucks for P4 360 version.I'll just make that payment on Friday. :p
We in there tomorrow! :D

Infinite

Heh, I'm enjoying Chie right now. It's unusual for me to like so many characters in a fighting game.

I was gonna pick up Chie when I first saw this game but I don't like playing S-tier characters (she was considered S-tier at the time I made the decision.)

cj_iwakura

Game should be in tomorrow morning at my Gamestop. Buyers remorse setting in. D:

I got the remedy.

tumblr_m7qrqgjBZD1rzik5eo1_400.gif

I'm trading in Dark Souls, Catherine and a 360 controller :3

Unacceptable.

B00TE

Did irresponsible things with money in order to get the game tomorrow.

I had 60 dollars towards finishing paying off my desktop computer I got through Dell. (only 2 payments left) Payment isn't due till the 14th of this month, but I get paid on the 10th from my job. Traded in a game and paid off the 40 bucks for P4 360 version.I'll just make that payment on Friday. :p
We in there tomorrow! :D
Good to hear!

Just got a $25 off anything coupon for GameStop from the power up rewards site. Gonna double dip with a 360 copy if they have any extra when I go.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im looking forward to getting my ass kicked online by everyone seeing how a lot of the regulars here have managed to get their hands on the game.

My near non existant skills dropped even lower as been wasting time with DQX D:

zlatko

Banned
Good to hear!

Just got a $25 off anything coupon for GameStop from the power up rewards site. Gonna double dip with a 360 copy if they have any extra when I go.

I gotta admit power up rewards is worth it to me. I got this bad ass Batman cup from it. :p Free shipping is also cool of them.

So has the NA 360 version been confirmed for ass online already, or are we just basing it off the Japanese one being dildos?

Spruchy

Hey I just played my first US online match against destructoid (if anyone was watching their stream I was the Chie), was pretty lag free. Was that small patch this weekend for the network? 360

Well, my copy shipped earlier this morning (along with Solatorobot :D), so now it's just a matter of waiting for it to get here. If I'm lucky, it'll be here tomorrow, if not, I'll have to wait for wednesday or thursday -.-

Still, I worry about the availability of the game here. I really want to try to build at least a small scene here, but like a friend said, you can't really build a scene for a game that most people can't even get :/

Aksys games are rare, Atlus games are just as rare, so combine the two, and, yeah, can't say I'm too hopeful...

zlatko

Banned
Oh extra question. Is there a stream anyone is watching right now I should be tuning into? Or is there stuff I missed today/yesterday worth catching up on? I know Gootecks did some stuff with some Atlus peeps. Not sure where to go to hit it up.

vocab

Hey I just played my first US online match against destructoid (if anyone was watching their stream I was the Chie), was pretty lag free. Was that small patch this weekend for the network? 360

No.

Oh extra question. Is there a stream anyone is watching right now I should be tuning into? Or is there stuff I missed today/yesterday worth catching up on? I know Gootecks did some stuff with some Atlus peeps. Not sure where to go to hit it up.

You missed the cross counter tournament. Some good play on there. Aside from James Chen and Ultradavid stream I don't know of anything else.

NichM

Banned

There's a stream in about 40 minutes on UltraChenTV with Yu Namba and James Xie.

zlatko

Banned
Yu Namba is a project manager of AtlusUSA (I think), James is an Aksys employee and lover of BlazBlue.

Ah so hopefully no scrub play? :p

I'm watching some of the cross counter stuff now, and I'm finally seeing a Naoto rush down and set up loops, which is great since I thought she was all zoning up to now.

zlatko

Banned
James is a great player, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Namba does not play fighting games.

Ah. I am disappoint. :(

This Cross Counter tourney is good. Always <3 me some Gootecks.

Speaking of Gootecks, why is he everywhere again? I thought he was taking a big hiatus, but I swear that lasted like 2 weeks tops lol.

Top Bottom