• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Red Scarlet

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry Sarasvati with Mabufu+Zionga+Agidyne+Magaru+Victory Cry+Null Ice+Null Wind, this guy will be a better 2nd cycle dungeon explorer/enemy weakness finder.

p4092.png

XiaNaphryz said:
I didn't really have to worry about buffs as I had some persona that had the Auto buffs on them that affected the whole party, and I preferred having my main handle the buffs anyway since I needed him to do stuff like Debilitate anyway.
Yeah, but they only last 3 turns. I suppose you could let the main handle them, but between casting debilitate and buffing, there's no way he'd have any time to attack.

Basch

Red Scarlet said:
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry Sarasvati with Mabufu+Zionga+Agidyne+Magaru+Victory Cry+Null Ice+Null Wind, this guy will be a better 2nd cycle dungeon explorer/enemy weakness finder.

p4092.png

My Black Frost was waaaay better. :lol He was my offensive powerhouse during the middle-ish part of the game. Don't remember exactly what skills he had, but I remember him dealing like massive damage with the Agi and Bufu skills. I would wipe enemies in seconds with him. ...but then I decided to fuse him. I think mine had Zionga too, but not for sure. I kind of got annoyed using him after a while, because I didn't really need to switch to my other Personas for anything. Probably why I fused him in the first place.

Red Scarlet

He has 5 of the 6 elementals and has Victory Cry. That's great for fighting badguys on the second time through and just using all the elementals on badguys to see what they are weak to. If I want to just nuke stuff, I have a few that do that, too. But that gets boring.

Basch

Red Scarlet said:
He has 5 of the 6 elementals and has Victory Cry. That's great for fighting badguys on the second time through and just using all the elementals on badguys to see what they are weak to. If I want to just nuke stuff, I have a few that do that, too. But that gets boring.

I love what you did with Siegfried. Almost a carbon copy of mine, but I didn't get that last level with Enduring Soul, I think it was. I was close, but decided to fuse him to get something else. Just so addicting. Never used Sarasvatti much. Probably should, but I love me some offensive Personas.

Red Scarlet

She was my dungeoner until now. I wanted to make a better version of her but I saw I could do the same thing/better with BF now instead of wait until the 2nd time through.

Earlier you said you wanted an avatar of Dojima. What did you have in mind? I could get you one, but I'm using regular AV cables instead of my S-Video one, so stuff is a little blurrier. Surt and Black Frost in that lineup picture are with AV; they're a bit more blurry and the lines on the screen are a bit jagged, but I could try to grab something with Dojima for you if you want me to try.

Basch

Red Scarlet said:
She was my dungeoner until now. I wanted to make a better version of her but I saw I could do the same thing/better with BF now instead of wait until the 2nd time through.

Earlier you said you wanted an avatar of Dojima. What did you have in mind? I could get you one, but I'm using regular AV cables instead of my S-Video one, so stuff is a little blurrier. Surt and Black Frost in that lineup picture are with AV; they're a bit more blurry and the lines on the screen are a bit jagged, but I could try to grab something with Dojima for you if you want me to try.

Nah, that's alright. What I've got is fine enough. Took a piece of concept, cropped it, then colored the background Persona 4 style. If you can find a better one though, I would gladly accept it.

Yaweee

Volcynika said:

That is awesome.

Another note from the article...
Speaking of Plushonas, Raiho can be purchased as a standalone item now. Originally, Raiho was only a pre-order item for Devil Summoner 2 in Japan too. The price? 4,200 yen ($44) or the same amount it costs to buy Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon and Raiho here.

I've got it preordered, but how limited is the first edition going to be? I hear they actually have collector's numbers?

Volcynika

Yaweee said:
That is awesome.

Another note from the article...

I've got it preordered, but how limited is the first edition going to be? I hear they actually have collector's numbers?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they will.

Lince

Banned
this has been probably my last purchase for my awesome PS2... for 15 pounds including the OST is a steal for a game of this caliber.

Can I get a plushie Yukiko?

I just finished the second main dungeon and I'm loving this game. I've been unable to do anything else the part three days except playing. The characters are some of best ever, the music is extremely catchy and the gameplay is so rewarding. There's always something to do (except some slow sundays when noone is calling - which is kinda realistic) and everything feels like it has a point to it.

Just a question. I rescued Kanji pretty early, after a long-winded battle with under-levelled characters. I did the first dungeon a few times over, but I only went through the second one once and spent the rest of all that free time on relations. Am I gonna regret that later on, and is it possible to actually get stuck because you can't catch up on your levels for a new dungeon?

Red Scarlet

SiegfriedFM said:
Just a question. I rescued Kanji pretty early, after a long-winded battle with under-levelled characters. I did the first dungeon a few times over, but I only went through the second one once and spent the rest of all that free time on relations. Am I gonna regret that later on, and is it possible to actually get stuck because you can't catch up on your levels for a new dungeon?

You can revisit any old dungeon when you go into the TV, so you should never really get stuck.

Amazingly coincidental date.
Really, I never got her past level 2 before
p4094.png

RocketDarkness said:
They have a whole mess of amazing merchandise at their D Shop. I gotta say, I may end up going terribly broke. ATLUSSSSSSSSS!

http://atlus-d-shop.com/merchant/query.php?Free=&MerchantType[]=&Price=&retry=&OrderBy=&pageNo=0

Wow, I know Pop wants that Jack Frost coffee cup.

P90

Red Scarlet said:
Post your endgame Personas! I love seeing what other people are using. I posted my 'top 10' 3 pages ago, but it was at the bottom of the page. I'm not at endgame though, just have to wait till May to play again.

True Ending dungeon and boss

I was level 81 at end boss

Tam Lin (my go-to persona) Lv 65
Always tried to switch to her before a major attack from boss.

Ziodyne
Deathbound
High Counter
Elec Amp
Enduring Soul
Amrita
Auto-Maraku

Saturnus (my second favorite persona) Lv 82

Agidyne
Maragidyne
Fire Amp
Spell Master
Null Light
Megidola (Along with Chie's power charged "God's hand", the final boss's bane)
Akasha Arts
Evade Ice

Daisoujou Lv 68

Hama Boost
Diarahan
Samsara
Dekunda (necessary for final boss)
Bufudyne
High Counter
Agidyne
Endure Dark

Futsunushi (Very effective for last boss) Lv85

Primal Force
Power Charge
Matarukaja
Ali Dance
Megido
Apt Pupil
Arms Master
Vile Assault

Nebiros Lv 69

Mamudoon
Agidyne
Dekaja (final boss necessity)
Ali Dance
Mudo Boost
Null Light
Regenerate 3
Mind Charge

My final team was "my girls", Chie and Yukiko (both at level 80) and Yosukue (level 73). Chie dealt major physical damage. Chie was wearing the increase critical hit accessory. Yukiko and protagonist kept everyone's health up. Yukiko dealt some serious fire damage. Yukiko had Chakra ring. Yosoukue was for support with debuffs and occasional Garudynes. He had accessory that increased magic +10. Protagonist wearing accessory that improved ailment prevention.

Red Scarlet

Does Die for Me benefit from Mudo Boost? I've always kept it (and Hama Boost with Samsara), but never knew if Mudo Boost affected it or not.

noi5e

Red Scarlet said:
Does Die for Me benefit from Mudo Boost? I've always kept it (and Hama Boost with Samsara), but never knew if Mudo Boost affected it or not.

Yep, the boosts affect Die for Me! and Samsara (unless something changed since P3).

Supposedly there's an item in the last dungeon that boosts fire spells by +50% but I haven't seen it yet... Anyone found it?

God, this biz about doing just the right thing
at the end to avoid the THANKS FOR PLAYING 80 HOURS NOW KINDLY GO FUCK YOURSELF ending
is just effin tedious bullshit. Tried 3 times before giving up and lookin it up like a little weasel.

Red Scarlet

noi5e said:
Yep, the boosts affect Die for Me! and Samsara (unless something changed since P3).

Supposedly there's an item in the last dungeon that boosts fire spells by +50% but I haven't seen it yet... Anyone found it?

Darn, I was hoping not so I could keep Dekunda on Alice later, but I guess that's not going to happen.

P90

noi5e said:

I think I got the fire 50% item at the gold chest just outside the final boss. I didn't use it as I thought the Chakra ring would have been a better item for Yukiko for the boss battle.

Cowie

wow is this game ever addictive

the only thing that can pull me away from a 5 hour+ session is getting oneshotted in random encounters. gah.

Yaweee

Fistwell said:
at the end to avoid the THANKS FOR PLAYING 80 HOURS NOW KINDLY GO FUCK YOURSELF ending
is just effin tedious bullshit. Tried 3 times before giving up and lookin it up like a little weasel.

Yeah, that pissed the hell out of me too. The entire point of the scene is that you
don't kill him, and rouse your team's suspicions that something deeper is going on.
There's quite a few answers that should lead to the same end, but don't-- only one arbitrary chain of logic is considered 'correct'.

That it comes after a long story sequence just makes it worse.

Fistwell said:

Really its pretty damn annoying. I actually started a 2nd playthough after that shit ending and i am doing it now -_-

At least in p3 they actually give you a straight choice but nooo here there is some weird mind bender of a QnA sequence.

noi5e

P90 said:
I think I got the fire 50% item at the gold chest just outside the final boss. I didn't use it as I thought the Chakra ring would have been a better item for Yukiko for the boss battle.

Oh good, so it actually exists. My next question is about the stacking rules...

I know how stacking works from P3, but I was wondering, what if you had a Persona that had Fire Amp and Fire Boost AND you attached the +50% item... Would you still be able to get the maximum amount of boost?

Basically I'm wondering if it's strategic to keep Fire Amp and forget Fire Boost.

EDIT: Haha, correction on that, I was wondering if you stack the +40% item and Fire Amp if you could get to +90%.

The stacking rules are really dumb in P4. How it works is:

• You can only apply two bonuses.
  • First, skill bonuses stack above item bonuses.
  • Then, within category, higher bonuses stack above lower ones.

What's lame about this is that for every character who learns both, the best strategy is to forget X Boost, because if you keep it you'll be stacking the 50% Amp bonus with the 25% Boost bonus, but if you forget it you can stack the 50% Amp bonus with the 50% accessory.

(Also I'm still a little cranky that the descriptions for Samsara and Die For Me! lie. :lol I don't think 44 MP for an untransferrable skill that autokills every enemy not immune to light/dark would be broken at all given that you can really only get it in the last couple dungeons, so to me it's pretty bullshit that there's still a fail chance.)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Do any of you guys know what happened to that awesome Yukiko figure that was supposed to be released in Japan?

e15e4c35.jpg

Where is it and why can't I buy it?

noi5e

charlequin said:
the best strategy is to forget X Boost, because if you keep it you'll be stacking the 50% Amp bonus with the 25% Boost bonus, but if you forget it you can stack the 50% Amp bonus with the 50% accessory.

Ah, thanks, that's what I was wondering. I'm thinking of making sweet Personas for another playthrough like everyone seems to be doing and it would be awesome to have a Surt like that. Plus that frees up another spot on Yukiko.

Red Scarlet said:
Ai, you bitch.
:mad:

Heehee,
friendzoned

1stStrike

Banned
Siiiiigh...I never finished P3: FES cause by the time I got to the last month I was massively burned out on the game. I didn't have it in me to go grind in Tarterus some more so I could go to the top of the tower and take on the final boss.

I'm torn because I really enjoyed the game...I had a lot of hours in it and it was well worth it for the money I payed. I want P4 but...I'm scared I'll just get burned out on it again and never finish it :|

Red Scarlet

Tamanon said:
:lol :lol You discovered the joys of her S-link.

The early bird does not get the worm

Ah so I guess
I shouldn't have started going out w/ her on rank 6? It was super early but I didn't think I'd get P3-responsed/FZ'd
. I should've known but it just made me laugh at it being so early. Oh well, I got the band girl
A YOUNGER WOMAN
to go out with me 5 days later and she worships me.

I was going to only go with Rise, but I remembered I hadn't completed Ai and the band girl. But now he's going to be a butterfly bastard.

I'm trying to get all the links maxed, and I think I'm doing alright. Anyone with some expertise? Here's the status right now (7/29):

Fool: 7
Magician: 10
Priestess: 3
Empress: 9
Emperor: 1
Hierophant: 10
Lovers: 2
Chariot: 6
Justice: 10
Hermit: 9
Strength: 9
Hanged: 4
Death: 2
Temperance: 1
Devil: 5
Tower: 3
Star: 3
Moon:
fake
Sun: 10

Work on temperance.
Try to finish your teammate's links.

Use your academic scoring to give you a boost.
Good luck, it's still a bit early, but really try and work the system.

Red Scarlet said:
I'm trying to get all the links maxed, and I think I'm doing alright. Anyone with some expertise? Here's the status right now (7/29):

Moon:
fake

With five S-Links maxed already? It definitely should be possible from where you are, at least. (If you don't have to dedicate any time to raising stats, you should be all set.)

If you max Hermit soon, you can unlock the shrine, and then you can just do what I did to max my last three S-Links in December: play through a week at a time, and build a schedule where you ensure you go up a level in each link each time you hang out by picking the best hangout order + visiting the Shrine on rainy days.

P90

Hcoregamer00 said:
What?

Damn it, damn you play-asia and your unwillingness to sell us figures.

Do you know of a reliable place that has it?

I soooooooo want that figurine. I googled and ebayed and got nothing. I just emailed Atlus requesting that they make more and release/sell the figurine to the U.S. market. Everybody email Atlus. Maybe if we hammer them with emails they might do it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Red Scarlet said:

Moon:
fake
Death is only available on Sundays and holidays, so keep that in mind with other potential conflicts (i.e. Rise, who I believe is pretty much available only Fri, Sat, and Sun, assuming no dungeons have to be cleared at that point in time).

P90 said:
Got it on the 3rd floor of the last dungeon.
Last boss kicked my ass. PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!

NichM

Banned
P90 said:
I soooooooo want that figurine. I googled and ebayed and got nothing. I just emailed Atlus requesting that they make more and release/sell the figurine to the U.S. market. Everybody email Atlus. Maybe if we hammer them with emails they might do it.

Please don't.

Top Bottom