• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Lain

Hcoregamer00 said:
What?

Damn it, damn you play-asia and your unwillingness to sell us figures.

Do you know of a reliable place that has it?

I have no idea. I got it from cdjapan and was quite shocked to receive it, they had it releasing next december, while it got released last december (an obvious typo on their part).

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Lain said:
I have no idea. I got it from cdjapan and was quite shocked to receive it, they had it releasing next december, while it got released last december (an obvious typo on their part).

Damn, I guess my best bet is to hope some dude has like 10 of them during Anime Expo, but of course with my luck they will be sold out before I get off my shift.

P90

KibblesBits said:
does Atlus even make those?
or is it some other company?

i sense potential for funny here...
:lol

I'm not sure what is funny. I want a figurine. I emailed the parent corporation to ask for it. If Atlus doesn't own the rights to the figurine I would expect they would tell me so. Others on the board said they would like it too. I wrote a post requesting others to email the parent corp. Logic: numbers speak. Please explain the "potential for funny".

I have emailed Konami and Nintendo in the past and gotten more than the usual form letter. I have conversed with NOA staff that are involved in hardware R&D regarding medical uses for the Wii. Is Atlus above customer feedback and support?

Myself, being a musician, call and email big-time music equipment companies quite often. Many times I'll get the companies' lead R&D person. It isn't uncommon for Seymour Duncan himself to take calls and emails directly.

Is this unheard of in gaming? :confused:

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Is there any point to maxing out diligence? I'm in december now. Oh, another question:
What's the last date to finish the last level?

P90 said:
I'm not sure what is funny. I want a figurine. I emailed the parent corporation to ask for it. If Atlus doesn't own the rights to the figurine I would expect they would tell me so. Others on the board said they would like it too. I wrote a post requesting others to email the parent corp. Logic: numbers speak. Please explain the "potential for funny".

I have emailed Konami and Nintendo in the past and gotten more than the usual form letter. I have conversed with NOA staff that are involved in hardware R&D regarding medical uses for the Wii. Is Atlus above customer feedback and support?

Myself, being a musician, call and email big-time music equipment companies quite often. Many times I'll get the companies' lead R&D person. It isn't uncommon for Seymour Duncan himself to take calls and emails directly.

Is this unheard of in gaming? :confused:

They probably wouldn't mind a few instances of this, but remember GAF has a ton of lurkers too. On top of that if you are emailing Atlus JP they may have to translate your email too. Why not just use google or something to find out who makes the figurine first?

Basically it's funny in a sense because it's like going to a cow and asking for ice cream. Now imagine hundreds of people potentially doing that instead of asking around the farm for a lead on the ice cream. You're aggravating the cow and it may not even speak human, thus interrupting it from doing it's job. Making milk.

There was never an official Chie figure produced, was there?

Making these two from Wonder Festival last year particularly drool-worthy...

chiefigures.jpg

noi5e

Red Scarlet said:
Do the +50% xp sword and armor stack? I'm assuming no.

I think they do actually... Either way it's ridiculous, I had them on my MC and with a Moon Arcana it was like 3 levels per battle. Awesome if you're trying to get the last few Personas.

Random question, I've been engrossed in the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance runs and am itching to play the game or something like it. At the moment I don't have a PS2, but I do have a DS. Can anyone recommend some similar experiences on the DS? Anything to basically fill the craving I have for some Persona like gameplay. Thanks.

Just got to
Magatsu Inaba, finally got back into playing the game after some frustration at the heaven dungeon (leveled everyone up, then died without save= turn off ps2 in frustration). My mind has been fucked rapid fire, Adachi is so cool.

"Adachi? that goofball"....Even Teddy is shocked.

Everytime I think I've solved the case the game throws another curve ball at me, with Mitsuo, Nametame, and now Adachi.

Legjend said:
Random question, I've been engrossed in the Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance runs and am itching to play the game or something like it. At the moment I don't have a PS2, but I do have a DS. Can anyone recommend some similar experiences on the DS? Anything to basically fill the craving I have for some Persona like gameplay. Thanks.
No, there is no game anything like that for the DS
wait for Devil Survivor? it's a TRPG though, and no social links, but you can collect demons and it's in the megaten series

If you have a really good PC you can try PCSX2, the latest release is actually really good, major improvements. borrow some friends PS2 games to test it if you do (don't want to spend needless cash). that's nice because you can change the ingame texture sizes and anti aliasing.

octopusman said:
No, there is no game anything like that for the DS
wait for Devil Survivor? it's a TRPG though, and no social links, but you can collect demons and it's in the megaten series

It doesn't have to be exactly the same or even that similar. I'm just in the mood for something epic and of that calibur with some twists and random funny stuff even? idk maybe something that gives you a lot of choices outside of the main quest and such.

vegee

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Black Frost has pretty much been replaced. :(

p4105.png

Victory Cry pretty much breaks the game. I have a Lucifer with Victory Cry, Cool Breeze, and Spell Master. Couple that with the bonuses that Rise gives you towards recovering SP and HP, plus the Chakra Ring, and you're virtually invincible from battle to battle. You can spend years in each dungeon without having to rest or pay for SP heals.

Red Scarlet

My 5 elemental Black Frost had VC too. And 4 elemental Sarasvati. And Alice. And Pixie. And Jack Frost. And Rangda. And....:lol

Ever since I first got it (Belial via Skill Change to put on Alice), I've had at least one or two different Personas with it. It made my 2nd cycle play a whole lot smoother.

I may wind up liking my Black Frost more still, simply due to the fact that he has 3 single target elemental spells and 1 multi; blasting myself to death due to badguys repelling stuff isn't that fun.

Loki may be fun to just see what works on badguys faster, then I may switch to BF to kill stuff more precise; not really sure. I made a Vishnu too, but he doesn't have VC or RP. Loki will be my main ice one; I just need an elec one now, but Trumpeter may be perfectly fine in that role already (Maziodyne+Elec Amp+Null/Absorb/Repel everything).

vegee

Banned
I had no idea that Victory Cry could be passed on to other Persona. :O I just thought it was something only a select few obtained.

This game is about to get a whole lot more broken...

Basch

Oh, Helel. How I wanted you so much. One level short of being able to fuse him. :'( That is one awesome Persona though. You just about repel every attack. The rest are nullified. Shit. Do want. :D

Red Scarlet

Basch said:
Oh, Helel. How I wanted you so much. One level short of being able to fuse him. :'( That is one awesome Persona though. You just about repel every attack. The rest are nullified. Shit. Do want. :D

It wasn't too hard to make that one, I lucked out with a random Arahabaki that had Repel Elec and Phys, and used my above Metatron. I videod it, but it's not that interesting.

I did accidentally find a way to replace Loki with a Scathach that won't be affected by the elementals (no light/dark resistance though). But I won't nuke myself with spells at least. Making her atm.

Noooo, her spells won't be in order..oh well.

Red Scarlet

Not in order due to Mabufudyne being natural...but I'll take defense of the 4 elementals for my 4-elemental...

Bai bai androgynous Loki!
p4109.png

Red Scarlet

Got an accessory q..the one you get for acing the 2nd semester finals. I assume it does Enduring Soul, but does it do that once and then the accessory disappears forever? Or does it do Enduring Soul once per battle?

NichM

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Got an accessory q..the one you get for acing the 2nd semester finals. I assume it does Enduring Soul, but does it do that once and then the accessory disappears forever? Or does it do Enduring Soul once per battle?

Pretty sure it does it once per battle. If it was a one-time-ever thing, it'd just be a Homunculus.

Red Scarlet

NichM said:
Pretty sure it does it once per battle. If it was a one-time-ever thing, it'd just be a Homunculus.

Ok. It's just the item's description made it sound like it was an upgrade of that Tranquil Buddha(?) item that gave you 1HP after death but disappeared.

RocketDarkness said:
Heya Red, I saw your Loki. Stupid good. Niflheim is the ultimate single-target Bufu spell, right?

Yeah, it's the severe ice spell. I used Loki for about 2 floors of the dungeon, though. I made someone better. If you don't wanna browse through the thread and want to be surprised, you can see how I got to her from this. The sound starts lagging a little about halfway through, but it's not that big a deal.

noi5e

Red Scarlet said:
Doesn't P3's "timeline" start pretty soon? I wonder if anyone was thinking about doing a play-by-day type of thing on that.

Starts in April, like the ninth, I think :D ... That's gotta be crazy slow though, and some days the calendar just shoves you forward.

Red Scarlet

Yeah, but some days you would play for 5 minutes, and others you'd go into the dungeon, and people would do stuff on different days..I think it'd be interesting!

Red Scarlet

Oh actually, it says it has the same effect as the other item, which isn't Enduring Soul.

So they both go away after one use....?
p4112.png

And wow, I was on the "money floor", and I got my 150k..then I got a bad card, so I decided to get some more money..and then there are 3 gold monsters bunched together..game robbed me of ¥45,000. :(

itsinmyveins

So, uhm, I'm gonna guess that maxing out diligence is only necessary if you wanna earn more cash doing envelopes and getting more tries when fishing? I've maxed out all the others, but I'm one step from maxing diligence out. Thing is, I probably should concentrate on improving some s.links.

Red Scarlet

You get paid more for working at the hospital too (8000 at Diligence 5), but it doesn't seem to be any kind of requirement to get it higher than 3.

Red Scarlet said:
Oh actually, it says it has the same effect as the other item, which isn't Enduring Soul.

So they both go away after one use....?
p4112.png

And wow, I was on the "money floor", and I got my 150k..then I got a bad card, so I decided to get some more money..and then there are 3 gold monsters bunched together..game robbed me of ¥45,000. :(
When they say one use, they mean one use per battle. It's terribly worded.

Also: awesome Alice. I'm totally going to strive for that if/when I get around to replaying P4.

Red Scarlet

Hm, I was going to go for Enduring Soul on Ishtar..maybe I still will though.

FINALLY Teddie has a Null Elec item..Omnipotent Orb. I never found an Eye of Thunder thing.

itsinmyveins

I just finished the game, woohoo! Congratulate me! Took me a good 100 hours at least.

Oh, and by the way, Kanji is by far the funniest dude in this game. Made me laugh out loud a few times even.

Red Scarlet

Awesome veins. I hope/expect to beat the game tomorrow.

Well, he's not immune to everything, but he seems passable. I just wanted Null or Repel Dark and either ES or AG. I have other immune to all ones that have their uses anyway. I *could* make him immune to all (one has absorb fire+null dark, two has absorb fire + null dark, three has null wind + null fire, four has null ice, five has null wind + repel dark)
p4114.png

Only 2 more to make, Ishtar in 2 days..

Oh, if I already have a critical hit rate up (high) weapon equipped, would Revolution do anything?

Red Scarlet

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
p4116ishtar.png

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I only have 1 more Persona to fuse, and I don't really care how he turns out. Will post my top 12 lineup after I beat the game.

itsinmyveins

Red Scarlet said:
Awesome veins. I hope/expect to beat the game tomorrow.

Thanks.

Either way, if I've got a save from a US game it works with the same EU game, right? I'm thinking that my brother would like his chipped PS2 back now, and I've only got a EU PS2. I'm thinking about picking the EU version of the game up, just in case I want to play it again.

Red Scarlet

ItsInMyVeins said:
Thanks.

Either way, if I've got a save from a US game it works with the same EU game, right?

I very, very, very highly doubt it. Not one of my Japanese saves are compatible with my US versions and vice-versa.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Thanks.

Either way, if I've got a save from a US game it works with the same EU game, right? I'm thinking that my brother would like his chipped PS2 back now, and I've only got a EU PS2. I'm thinking about picking the EU version of the game up, just in case I want to play it again.

you can convert your NTSC savegame to a PAL one, i did it in order to continue my NTSC-U savegame on my PAL PS3 system. i used this guide: http://www.ps2savetools.com/faq.php?show=1&id_cat=7

Of all the buggering, my save data got corrupted. Over 100 hours of gameplay, gone forever. Has anyone else had problems with the internal PS2 memory card on PS3 corrupting? It's happened a couple of times for me, once with Persona3 (fortunately I'd already beaten the game) and also with Global Defense Force. Any idea what causes it? If I created a second memory card and just kept backing up my save would that work in the event of another catastrophe?

Die Squirrel Die said:
Of all the buggering, my save data got corrupted. Over 100 hours of gameplay, gone forever. Has anyone else had problems with the internal PS2 memory card on PS3 corrupting? It's happened a couple of times for me, once with Persona3 (fortunately I'd already beaten the game) and also with Global Defense Force. Any idea what causes it? If I created a second memory card and just kept backing up my save would that work in the event of another catastrophe?

ouch, dude that really sucks!

i remember trying to save in the dojima's residence and something happened because it showed me that there was an error and the data couldn't be saved, so i tried again with the next free slot and it, thanks to god, it worked..

Die Squirrel Die said:
Of all the buggering, my save data got corrupted. Over 100 hours of gameplay, gone forever. Has anyone else had problems with the internal PS2 memory card on PS3 corrupting?

This is (sadly) a specific known issue with Persona 4 on the PS3. Keeping multiple save files over multiple cards appears to be a sufficient solution, since it seems to happen randomly and doesn't wipe out all your saves when it does.

Top Bottom