• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I also decided to sell the Soma's I got but I'm not too sure if that was a sensible decision.

I'm about 8 hours into the game. It's definitely a little slow to start but I'm not complaining at all—I'm really liking it.

Having the ability to negotiate is something I love. It brings me way back to the Shin Megami Tensei series and how stressful that was. I've lost more health doing this than actually fighting so far...

Question about Mementos.
I heard it's better to let those mementos missions stack and do them in bulk in one day. However, since I did the tutorial mementos mission I've only gotten one other quest since (a bully). Do I have to clear this one too before others start popping up, or will more of them unlock if I just wait longer? I'm at the last few days of may atm.

Raybunny

I also decided to sell the Soma's I got but I'm not too sure if that was a sensible decision.

I'm about 8 hours into the game. It's definitely a little slow to start but I'm not complaining at all—I'm really liking it.

Having the ability to negotiate is something I love. It brings me way back to the Shin Megami Tensei series and how stressful that was. I've lost more health doing this than actually fighting so far...

I am around 18 hours in and at the 15/16 hours mark after the 1st part of the 2nd dungeon I had 80k+. Used the money to upgrade my team with melees and armor. Selling the soma is a good thing since it gives you 50k for the start of the game but everyone else is doing fine without that money. The first dungeon is quite massive. If you tackle it on the 1st day its available you can farm it a few times and get a good amount of cash.

6 hours in, this game is beyond my expectations, and I consider P4G the best JRPG ever made.

A couple of questions:

Can you platinum the game in the first playthrough?
Are there alternate endigns as in P4G that depend on conversation choices?
Is there a Spoiler-free guide to max all Confidants with schedules?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
6 hours in, this game is beyond my expectations, and I consider P4G the best JRPG ever made.

A couple of questions:

Can you platinum the game in the first playthrough?
Are there alternate endigns as in P4G that depend on conversation choices?
Is there a Spoiler-free guide to max all Confidants with schedules?

1: No.
2: (Minor detail on how endings work)
Yes, but it's far more obvious and easy to get the best ending. You will not need a guide.
3: I haven't seen any I would recommend.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm pretty early on but the beginning is just not grabbing me like P3 and P4 did (its been 10 years since I finished EP so I can't remember how that one began). I like the battle music but the other themes aren't quite so catchy. The style and presentation are amazing, which is expected.

Raybunny

Question about Mementos.
I heard it's better to let those mementos missions stack and do them in bulk in one day. However, since I did the tutorial mementos mission I've only gotten one other quest since (a bully). Do I have to clear this one too before others start popping up, or will more of them unlock if I just wait longer? I'm at the last few days of may atm.

That is a good question. One I am also trying to get an answer for.
Mementos missions do pop up on specific dates if I am not mistaken. Wondering if they are timed occasional events that will disappear before the other mission pop

MTC100

Banned

How did you sell more than one soma though? I'm done with the first dungeon(only the boss remaining), didn't leave a chest or room unturned and I don't think I have more than the one I had from the start. I will treasure it for the time beeing.

Edit: Ah I see, the DLC, I used that too but I don't think there was an extra SOMA in it? Or did I not have one before, I think I did...

Saint9806

I beat
the Blob boss in the first dugeon.
But the alert level was high and I was forced to leave. When I go back in, do I have the beat that boss again? And how much farther is the treasure? I'm guessing it's possibly
1 room away?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Question about Mementos.

More of them will unlock as you progress the story. I also believe that some might be related to the Moon storyline.

I beat
But the alert level was high and I was forced to leave. When I go back in, do I have the beat that boss again? And how much farther is the treasure? I'm guessing it's possibly
1 room away?
Not sure actually never happened to me but I don't believe you need to beat the boss again. You're about 80-90% through the dungeon.
Be sure to play at least another 2 days to finish the dungeon because you always scout the place first before you actually pull the heist so each dungeon is at the very least 2 days long. Also you can lower your alertness level with stealth takedowns of enemies.

Uthred

Only just started, wish the subs were better. I'd like to know what was being said in the news broadcast for example.

JJShadow

I beat
1 room away?

I don't think so, I beat the first mini-boss and after leaving and coming back to the same room he didn't respawn (they are story-related actually).

And about your second question,
you are almost there, maybe 1-2 rooms away

Yu Narukami

I beat
1 room away?
I thought it looked like a dick. Maybe I need a pair of new glasses.

3 or 4 should be fine. You barely have any SP items unless you had a shopping spree from the vending machines. Palaces are quite big in P5 so invest on proper persona and equipment.

Well you need at the bare minimum of 3 days to complete dungeon, even more since now dungeon can have gimmicks that force you outside before you are allowed to proceed, as can be seen in the 2nd one (which I assume is going to be repeated on the next dungeons...) I managed to complete it in 5 days, IIRC. 2 days exploring and the rest the mandatory thing the game forced you to do.

I was caught off guard by the fact that the game forced you to go out and spend 2 days before you are allowed to fight the dungeon's boss tho and I have no save file to correct my assumption >_<

3 for me. Got to mini boss then treasure room then the boss. I'm playing on Normal.

I feel like that's how they want you to do it. Although on my 3rd dungeon I did manage to get to the treasure room in one go but it's because I thought I almost reached the end so I tried to push through with all my SP recovery items. When I realised that there were quite a bit to go, it was too late to turn back because I invested too much already. So I started avoiding some enemies around the end.

I just bought
SP recovery accessory
though so I should be able to do it in 2 from now on.

Thanks for the replies and my bad for the late reply. I fell asleep.

I'm still on the first dungeon and made it to the third floor safe room. Ann is complaining she's tired but not sure to call it a day or not. I hate calling it quits too early. For the first time in a Persona game I'm not sure if I should power threw or not.

Whew, already getting sucked into the Persona rhythm. New dungeon design is a huge upgrade.

I get the writing complaints though - there are lots of awkward lines. However, they're awkward in a way I find nostalgic of P3 and P4, so at least they're consistent....

Without spoiling at what point do I get to walk around myself and go to stores and stuff

Edit:I'm looking for new weapons with ryuji right now but scripted

Khoryos

Thanks for the replies and my bad for the late reply. I fell asleep.

I'm still on the first dungeon and made it to the third floor safe room. Ann is complaining she's tired but not sure to call it a day or not. I hate calling it quits too early. For the first time in a Persona game I'm not sure of I should power threw or not.

By third floor save room, do you mean before or after the library?
If it's before, I'd push on to the one afterwards - that's a good breaking point, since it ramps up the difficulty afterwards.

Saint9806

More of them will unlock as you progress the story. I also believe that some might be related to the Moon storyline.

Not sure actually never happened to me but I don't believe you need to beat the boss again. You're about 80-90% through the dungeon.
Be sure to play at least another 2 days to finish the dungeon because you always scout the place first before you actually pull the heist so each dungeon is at the very least 2 days long. Also you can lower your alertness level with stealth takedowns of enemies.

Hmmm, I never thought about scouting first before pulling the heist. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that!

I don't think so, I beat the first mini-boss and after leaving and coming back to the same room he didn't respawn (they are story-related actually).

And about your second question,
you are almost there, maybe 1-2 rooms away

Glad to know. Thank you!

I thought it looked like a dick. Maybe I need a pair of new glasses.

Haha...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Hey since you already finished the game, what skill did you replace when you maxed
Ryuji's confidant?

Hell I honestly wouldn't remember. Probably one of the weaker phys skills. It's not a huge deal, you can make them remember skills in the
church

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, I never thought about scouting first before pulling the heist. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that!
Ah I mistyped it was meant to say "plan" not "play". In case it might have been misunderstood going to clarify. What I mean is that the game will always force you out after you completely explore a place(which can qualify as the scouting phase).
After that the game will allow you to pull the heist. Both are at least 1 day but sometimes the scouting phase can take more days for story reasons.

duckroll

Errrrr. Does Persona 5 not support optical audio out on PS3? This is super weird. I have no audio and the PCM light on my receiver keeps flashing. The game has no audio output options in the config menu either. o_O

Loving the game so far. I put in about 3 hours last night. This is my first Persona. I never had an interest until a few years ago when I watched GB's endurance run.

Airbar

Neo Member
Anyone else having problems with some of the screen being cut off at 720p on a PS4? It's a shame really because the console settings for screen size do in fact not effect the game. I would show you a screenshot ... but you know, Atlus doesn't want me to :/

So did anyone else have the second cutscene before you enter your name stutter? I thought my disc was dirty, but that was the only cutscene so far where that has happened. To be more specific, it was during
the part where you first see you character stop that old dude from harassing the young girl.
It kept on stuttering during that cutscene.

Anyway, really enjoying the game so far!

The fuck, anyone got a screenshot of it?

I don't remember seeing any giant dicks, and I'm fairly certain I can recognize a dick when I see one

?!? !! ?!!?
Dammit I keep doing that lmao wife corrected me several times like uh bae it's a guy you seen how he was all in love with Ann blah blah

The online feature is interesting getting to see what ppl did 67% went straight to the first palace(first one)

Jintor

nighttime cafe music so dope

Errrrr. Does Persona 5 not support optical audio out on PS3? This is super weird. I have no audio and the PCM light on my receiver keeps flashing. The game has no audio output options in the config menu either. o_O

sorry ducky, i'm running optical output out and it seems fine

Dantis

Just finished the first dungeon.

Game is a heck of a lot smoother to play now that I can understand it, lol. UI localisation is excellent, script localisation is... spotty. Also the English VO seems to be of a low recording quality?

9 and a half hours in. Pretty similar to what it took me in Japanese I think.

Also love that by sheer chance (due to voicing Sojiro), Jaimeson Price has reprised his role as drinks trivia man from Catherine.

By third floor save room, do you mean before or after the library?
If it's before, I'd push on to the one afterwards - that's a good breaking point, since it ramps up the difficulty afterwards.

It's the very first one on the floor and haven't seen a library. I'll follow your advice. Thanks!

Tunoku

Also love that by sheer chance (due to voicing Sojiro), Jaimeson Price has reprised his role as drinks trivia man from Catherine.

Yeah that kinda blew my mind once I realized it. It's awesome.

Also, it took me like 15 hours to finish the first dungeon. Really interesting how different everyone's pace is.

Kensuke

Question about buying an early game item on Sunday:
I heard some girls whispering about the limited ability of surgical masks and how you may be able to buy them on Sunday. I've searched around the shops, but I can't find it. Is this a real item?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yooo this unavoidable lv16 angel thing with no weaknesses in the first dungeons
tower
can fuck right off.

Oh nvm he just straight up disappeared? Okay then

LiK

Played 5 hours last night and I love the way it builds up. Game is much darker than P4G in tone and subject matter. Really quite good and well presented.

Also, I cannot get enough of the UI and transitional loading screens as well as the animation for the UI when you finish the battle. SO SLICK.

I also love the interactions between the party members. Giving me old school P4G vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom