• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I heard there's a true ending to this game as well

at what date is the decision made that decides whether you get the true ending ? Just so I know when to save the game

Also is the answer super obvious, as opposed to persona 4?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wish they would've used the Pro to add some extra anti-aliasing to this. It's the only technical aspect that's been bothering me. Would simple supersampling get rid of the aliasing, even?

1) These environments (dungeons specifically) don't seem to ask you to explore various nooks and crannies / break boxes for items / collectibles - Am i correct in assuming that?

Pretty sure you're still at the point before the game opens up. It's either your third or fourth visit to that place where it'll let you free roam.

(Third castle visit)
"This dirtbag only sees women as sexual outlets"

Direct transition to a battle where Ann's default pose is her bending over while twisting her torso so you can see her ass and cleavage at the same time.

I'm glad Persona descriptions can be read outside of the compendium menu now!

Dinjooh

I wish they would've used the Pro to add some extra anti-aliasing to this. It's the only technical aspect that's been bothering me. Would simple supersampling get rid of the aliasing, even?

It's a bit annoying since the presentation only needs a little bit here and there to be really good. Some AA and AO would go a long way.

Tiops

Can someone please tell me which Confidant provides help with SP recovery in dungeons, or if this exist at all? I assume there is something like in Persona 4 with the fox Social Link, and this is the most important thing ever to have in dungeons.

Pygrus

So I'm playing on hard and am wondering how long it took others to steal the treasure in the first dungeon?

I'm right outside the boss room and it's 4/24. Feel like a spent 1 to many days grinding in the dungeon just to get past the first miniboss.

Khoryos

Can someone please tell me which Confidant provides help with SP recovery in dungeons, or if this exist at all? I assume there is something like in Persona 4 with the fox Social Link, and this is the most important thing ever to have in dungeons.

It's not quite the same, but Death looks to be your best bet for SP recovery, then Heirophant. But I'm still early on.

Spruchy

Death rank 5(I think) sells an SP recovery accessory

I heard there's a true ending to this game as well

at what date is the decision made that decides whether you get the true ending ? Just so I know when to save the game

Also is the answer super obvious, as opposed to persona 4?

The game prompts you to save shortly before the choice, and yeah the ending is much easier to get.

dawgparty

Ann just joined my team and damn, she's a great character. Think she's gonna trump my main lady Yukari at this rate.

Edit: Gonna be hard to remember to pronounce her name the Japanese way.

Possibly a dumb question, has anyone listened to the full soundtrack that came with the TYH edition of the game? Are there any spoilers?

Zakalwe

Banned
So I'm playing on hard and am wondering how long it took others to steal the treasure in the first dungeon?

I'm right outside the boss room and it's 4/24. Feel like a spent 1 to many days grinding in the dungeon just to get past the first miniboss.

I'm on 4/26. Playing on Hard too.

It took me a little while to adjust to SP management and the Strength/weakness system, and I spent some time speaking with people to increase stats. I'm currently about 75% of the way through and things are going smoothly.

It felt too long at first, but being able to jump out and return while taking time out to do side activities balances it pretty well. The only thing that bothers me about doing this is your party insisting we return to the palace constantly.

Barzul

This is my first Persona game and so far it's pretty awesome. Really digging the artstyle. The English VA is pretty good as well imo.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly a dumb question, has anyone listened to the full soundtrack that came with the TYH edition of the game? Are there any spoilers?

They're all songs from the first few hours of the game; not even the second dungeon's music is there. Nothing spoilery at all.

I'm on 4/26. Playing on Hard too.

It took me a little while to adjust to SP management and the Strength/weakness system, and I spent some time speaking with people to increase stats. I'm currently about 75% of the way through and things are going smoothly.

It felt too long at first, but being able to jump out and return while taking time out to do side activities balances it pretty well. The only thing that bothers me about doing this is your party insisting we return to the palace constantly.
I agree with your last statement I thought o was doing something wrong so I just went ahead on in. Only on day 21 I think I'll leave

Zakalwe

Banned
I agree with your last statement I thought o was doing something wrong so I just went ahead on in. Only on day 21 I think I'll leave

Yeh, it felt like I was playing it wrong too until I realised it was up to you to manage your time.

Do you get to use up your remaining days in the month later if you finish the dungeon early?

McBryBry

I'm at work after putting in about 4 or 5 hours all together yesterday. Why are work, the gym, and needing to buy clothes that fit necessary? I just want to play Persona dammit...

Withdrawals.

Lunar15

Enjoying the game immensely, even though I could only play for an hour last night.

Only major issues are movement and camera. Doesn't feel good yet.

DNAbro

Hate that I have to be an adult and not play this game all day. Did play a bit this morning though.

This game made me go from somewhat liking a character to really hating them real quick.
Moon Confidant Rank 2/3 (I forgot which one it was lol)
Yuki what the absolute fuck. "I want to help you guys" bullshit, fucking using the goddamn website to try and pick up girls. I wish I had the choice to yell at him for it. I really hope he eventually redeems himself but my god.

JJShadow

The fuck, anyone got a screenshot of it?

I don't remember seeing any giant dicks, and I'm fairly certain I can recognize a dick when I see one

?!? !! ?!!?

There you go, watch at your own risk, it's extremely gross lol

(SPOILER SECOND MINI-BOSS BATTLE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfTSGT5qlUg

Man the first dungeon is really tough. I'm finally
at the Tower but I don't know if I'll be able to clear it without at least two more days.

This game is pretty hard.

EDIT: Well I got wiped by a trash mob. Really not sure what to do at this point because I don't think I'll have enough time to level up my SLs.

Just take your time to clear it, it's a tough dungeon due to the SP limitation. It took me 4 runs to clear it, but it went quite smooth. Try to upgrade your gear and stock on recovery items every time you come back to real world

I stole it on 4/25

Zakalwe

Banned
One thing I don't like is the social stats gauge. It seems impossible to tell how much you're improving in each stat incrementally. Everything's still saying 1 even though I've levelled each one a few times now.

Am I missing something here?

nOoblet16

Lady Ann is so kind
Lady Ann you are so gorgeous
Lady Ann you are amazing

Just stahp you silly cat ! I can't take all this cringe.

Also why is Morgana a dude but has a female name and sounds like a girl? (Could be a pre pubescent kid too though but there's still the name).

Ydelnae

One thing I don't like is the social stats gauge. It seems impossible to tell how much you're improving in each stat incrementally. Everything's still saying 1 even though I've levelled each one a few times now.

Once you get enough points of each stat, they will level up. The "1" is not about how many points you have so far, it's the level of that stat.

j-wood

Will I be totally lost if I get this and haven't played P4G yet? I own P4G, but haven't started it. I know how terrible that is, I've just been swamped.

Zakalwe

Banned
Once you get enough points of each stat, they will level up. The "1" is not about how many points you have so far, it's the level of that stat.

Yes, I know, being unable to see how much you need to the next level is the point. Which is why I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

JJShadow

Yeh, it felt like I was playing it wrong too until I realised it was up to you to manage your time.

Do you get to use up your remaining days in the month later if you finish the dungeon early?

Yes, if you finish it early you can use up your remaining days for any side-activity of your choice

Yeah, there's no way to know how many "points" are you still missing to increase a specific social stat. I was level 1 for all of them till yesterday were I ranked up all of them in a couple of in-game days (5/3-5/4). Just keep leveling them, you will rank up soon

How the hell do I read the books I've bought aside from the occasional train reading?

At Leblanc's, you have to find a "Examine book-shelf" (or something like that) prompt on the right side of the counter

dawgparty

Lady Ann is so kind
Lady Ann you are so gorgeous
Lady Ann you are amazing

Just stahp you silly cat ! I can't take all this cringe.

Also why is Morgana a dude but has a female name and sounds like a girl? (Could be a pre pubescent kid too though but there's still the name).

How do we know Morgana is a dude?

Andrew J.

Played for a couple hours last night. (Man, there's too much television lately...) Up to evening on 4/11 now. Presentation is amazing, the best transition screens in any video game by a country mile.

Man, Kawakami really hates you at first, doesn't she?

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes, if you finish it early you can use up your remaining days for any side-activity of your choice

Yeah, there's no way to know how many "points" are you still missing to increase a specific social stat. I was level 1 for all of them till yesterday were I ranked up all of them in a couple of in-game days (5/3-5/4). Just keep leveling them, you will rank up soon

Thanks JJ, I'll stop worrying then.

DeFrank

I don't think we need to apply gender norms to a magical talking cartoon cat that
transforms into a bus...

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh, a gameplay addition I'd love to see would be the ability to chain encounters. So, if there's 4 enemies in your room there could be some way to tag as many as you can before they reach you and start the encounter allowing you to string the battles.

They had something like this in TWEWY and it was great. I think it upped your gains if you chained more too, risk/reward.

It's a little tedious clearing trash when you have to have a single battle for each trash mob, but I think this might be more to do with the fact the last few games I played to completion were action games and I'm a little impatient toward turn based.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aww yeah, SP regen accessories added to the clinic B-)

Now I just need a lot of money. A LOT.

Rank her up more. They get half-off in costs at SLink 7 apparently.

Shouta

Don't look at this conversation if you haven't finished the game folks. As we're getting in deep here a bit. ^_^;

Uhh
Sojiro
absolutely knows what happened in the JP version and is laying out the MC's side of events there. He says
男に言い寄られてる女を庇って、男が怪我して、訴えられた
which is absolutely not the "official" reporting of events that would have been made since
Shidou makes the woman tell the cops that Joker suddenly attacked him and would never have let him protecting a woman be in the official documents or reporting. Forced is maybe strong wording but it's clear that the woman wanted nothing to do with the guy in the scenario

I see the scene as telling the player how the events were viewed in the game world. He definitely knows what happens but I mean,
Sojiro is a total stranger to the MC and doesn't even have a direct relationship with his parents. So where does Sojiro get his information? Yeah, there are reasons why he could get that but that's making the situation overly complicated. He's been appointed the MC's guardian so he'd have to have heard what happened from the courts. It's the simplest reason he knows.

As far as I understand 言い寄る, it's hitting on someone or trying to pick them up. Making advances, more or less. If that's the case, then it could be in the official report. It would also make sense why Sojiro would chide the MC for sticking his head into adult business afterwards. Of course, I could be wrong about 言い寄る but that's the reason why I see what Sojiro says to be an account from the courts and not the account from the MC's point of view

I mean, from a logical standpoint, it makes sense. The MC gets arrested, tells his side of the story to the police. The police then go to the woman and ask her if it's true what the MC said but because of the pressure that's put on her, she tells them no, the guy was just hitting on her and that the MC suddenly attacked. It then goes on the books as such. It's way more realistic for it to happen and works with how Shidou pressured the woman.

It could be argued that it doesn't make a huge difference but as I feel the game is really grounded in its depiction of a lot of issues, it's important to make sure it's accurate to what happens in real life.

nOoblet16

That's cool. Nothing to do with gender norms, though.
Yes you don't need to educate me on what gender is.

I highly doubt that a game like Persona is going to be making a social commentary about gender and its differentiation from sex, which is why if someone uses male pronouns in this then it's likely because that character was written to be a man within the context of the story in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom