• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn really? and I thought I was taking my time.
Doing 5th dungeon with 55 hours in on Easy. I am already feeling burn out but I also want to continue because the story is so good. This game has some crazy Death Note/Code Geass vibes, which coincidentally are some of my favorite animes.

Doesn't help I do
mementos runs
in one sitdown that way I don't worry about grinding and just focus on social stuff.

Never forget.

ofLCzb1.jpg

This felt like 10 years ago...

Can't believe we're finally playing P5...

Got the game today in NYC and already played it for 5 hours straight. This just reminded me why the persona series is sooooo good. Only complaint is the graphics look very dated but it's understandable since it was originally ps3 only. I think the ps4 version is just a straight port of the ps3 version with some minor enhancement. Also doesn't seem like there's any pro enhancement for this game. Still a 9.6/10 from me so far..

cj_iwakura

And now, brought to you in part by Trish's Healing Springs Inc., Igor throughout the ages.

SLUS_00339_29072010_123626_0375.png

...who the heck are you?

latest

SLUS_00339_23072010_080532_0125.png

A place between dream and reality, mind and- you know the drill.

persona2ep-5.png

07.jpg

5-P4-00015.jpg

And now... your warden.

We look forward to your rehabilitation.

25-Persona2-9-13.jpg

Oh, there she is.

As somebody who has a hard time getting into turn based battle systems would this game be for me? Literally every other aspect of it is appealing to me (story, character, concept, art style, music, social sim). The only turn based game I have ever successfully completed was south park tsot and I didn't mind the combat there.

As somebody who has a hard time getting into turn based battle systems would this game be for me? Literally every other aspect of it is appealing to me (story, character, concept, art style, music, social sim). The only turn based game I have ever successfully completed was south park tsot and I didn't mind the combat there.

Combat is very fast and snappy, doesn't feel turn based at all sometimes

^ What he/she says is true. The combat is rather fast for a turn based game. Even faster than Persona 4 IMO.
Do you like old JRPGs like FFVII,8,9 or 10? or Old squaresoft RPGs? if not then no you won't like the combat. But if you like all other concepts then maybe give it a try? I recommend it. From what I played so far it's GoTY material for me. But then again I am a persona fan.

Probably not for you. Hundreds upon hundreds of turn-based battles. There are some QOL options, like auto mode and easy mode if you're the kind of person that is okay with not doing much of anything, but if you're expecting to get much of a game out of it and don't like turn-based, eh... I mean, you are moving around dungeons, solving puzzles and progressing social links, but a lot of that feels too tied into the battles for it to be enjoyed on its own.

So um, the stars aligned and I will be able to play this beautiful, majestic game.

I really needed this. Hold me brothers! SMT:persona V.

Sophia

I just realized two things...

a) Igor's art in Persona 5 is brand new. High-Definition Spiffy-ness.

b) Igor is grabbing for the Handkerchief in his P3/P4 artwork, but not in the others. Huh... >_>

TheFatMan

TYH edition, not yet.

Says "Expected to ship Mar 31" but it's not even preparing to ship yet despite being the 1st here on the East Coast.

I said this on the last page, but don't stress about it not shipping out. It always says that and it will ship sometime Sunday or Monday morning and be there on tuesday just like they promised.

I think I'm going to give it a go. Im a person who cares more about story that gameplay in certian games and I feel like I will enjoy the combat enough if an enticing narrative is present, and that torally seems to be the case with p5.

^ What he/she says is true. The combat is rather fast for a turn based game. Even faster than Persona 4 IMO.
Do you like old JRPGs like FFVII,8,9 or 10? or Old squaresoft RPGs? if not then no you won't like the combat. But if you like all other concepts then maybe give it a try? I recommend it. From what I played so far it's GoTY material for me. But then again I am a persona fan.
I'm a younger gamer so other than pokemon (which i hate) turn based games were not really present when I was growing up.

Xhorder

I'm soooo looking forward to playing P5. The game shipped yesterday (to my surprise), so hopefully I can play it tonight.

Vic_Viper

Subbed!

Cant wait. Hope this is more like 3 than 4 story wise. Really like the style and setting and the gameplay looks like its a huge improvement.

Alastor3

I just realized two things...

a) Igor's art in Persona 5 is brand new. High-Definition Spiffy-ness.

b) Igor is grabbing for the Handkerchief in his P3/P4 artwork, but not in the others. Huh... >_>

I never realised the artwork Igor for P3 and P4 were the same :O

Capella

And now, brought to you in part by Trish's Healing Springs Inc., Igor throughout the ages.

SLUS_00339_29072010_123626_0375.png

...who the heck are you?

latest

SLUS_00339_23072010_080532_0125.png

A place between dream and reality, mind and- you know the drill.

persona2ep-5.png

07.jpg

5-P4-00015.jpg

And now... your warden.

We look forward to your rehabilitation.

25-Persona2-9-13.jpg

Oh, there she is.

Some of the small differences in Igor's character art compared to the one in P3/P4 had me looking through Shigenori Soejima art and I just really love how his art has progressed since P3 and P4.

haolee

Neo Member
I just got through the first dungeon. Maybe it's because I played the Japanese version last year, but it feels like a slog, getting through the early hours of the game.

A lot of Take Your Heart Edition pre-orders cancelled at my local store. The standard, non-steelbook edition arrived Thursday evening this week, so a lot of people switched to the standard version instead to play the game as soon as they can. I also did, but that's due to me already buying the Japanese 20th anniversary edition last year. Compared to that, the TYH edition seems lame and diminished. Slick steelbook, though.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Was that any good? I don't have a wii u...

I thought it was a lot of fun

The idol stuff is a matter of taste, I loved how different the game is

Combat is great, the session attacks are fun to set up. It has aspects of megaten plus the weapon triangle, but it feels unique

Only knock from me is lack of location variety. Game world is small

Made my goty list

Animekatt

My CE shipped yesterday from Best Buy, and it will be here on Tuesday. I'm disappointed that they didn't use USPS, since I probably would've gotten the game on Monday. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom