• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 10 hours in and just beat the first palace. Is that about how long it takes?

Also I love the change from randomized dungeons to this. It's so much more engaging.

That's about right. It took me a little over 7 hours to finish the 1st Dungeon. I think the new dungeon design is good, but I actually never cared much for the dungeon crawling in Persona 3/4 anyways. With that said, I prefer the ones in Persona 4 since I can just steamroll through them relatively quickly compared to the dungeon in Persona 5 and then get on with the real meat of the game, the time management/social aspect.

Yu Narukami

I don't want to know myself. A lot.

But yeah, like Metroidvania below said, it was pretty easy to get there. Got here to 7 by the time I could enter the second dungeon.

She's one of the first social links you can get, you could get to 7 really quickly as soon as you're given some options.

You could easily get there during the 2nd dungeon time, if you want to rush it and/or reload to get the 'best' responses during the social link 'conversations'.

Yeah, this is me, at least a little. I blame the 7 month localization time between JPN and NA release, at least in part.
Good to know. Will do it myself for infinite sp regen.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Only played a couple hours last night (passed out when I first got to the school) and I'm wondering
why the hell everyone hates me so much
... Maybe that's the point the game is trying to make.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Y'all giving Ryuji so much love, i mean he's good but the real star of the english cast is Mona.

She does such a fantastic job with the meow noises and voice.

DukeBobby

Bah, just died for the first time. I pretty much had full health, but I got careless.

I need to stop wasting SP, as items that recover it seem few and far between.

OuterLimits

For some reason I'm having trouble controlling the MC. It doesn't feel very smooth. Especially when I'm trying to talk to people or examine things. It just feels very clunky to me at least.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For some reason I'm having trouble controlling the MC. It doesn't feel very smooth. Especially when I'm trying to talk to people or examine things. It just feels very clunky to me at least.

That's just how the game is. You will get used to it.

eliochip

Always has. There are like two modes of movement: slow stroll and full sprint.

They should just have a hold to run button instead (unless they do and I haven't noticed).

mike6467

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Coming from Nier on the PC (perfect 60) it's taking some getting used to, but the game isn't twitchy at all, so I'm not too upset about that.

I have had some issues with the cover mechanic though. The only time I died it was because I moved around a corner twice, and an ambush turned into a preemptive attack against 5 enemies. I've had that happen a few times, I'm trying to get better at knowing how it'll handle, but it still feels squirrelly a lot of the time.

Am I going crazy or is there a Rise poster on a wall in the game?

The TV has
a discussion about a "detective prince" which is pretty entertaining.

Shouta

He got the information from...*snip*

I'll PM you my response because I think I'm just clogging up the thread and adding too many unnecessary black bars and ruining the flow of fun everyone is having. lol

Ehhhhhhh...seems unlikely.

Spoilers for the 2nd Dungeon

Oh my god, this scene with
Takamaki wearing a thousand pieces of clothes with Yusuke
is killing me. Ann's VA for this scene is incredible.

Do you remember what was said about her when she formally joins the group and when they jump to the interrogation room with Niijima? I had a great laugh when I realized it. =)

I squeezed in the first hour before bed last night, so just made it to the
school/dungeon
with the
half-naked guy
before turning it off.

I'll get some time in after work, but loving the visual style. While the early music was extra, the background theme is nice and chill.

Nose Master

End of Palace 1 spoilers:
Ann's a pretty awesome character. "Yeah, killing him would have left a bitter taste in your mouth despite everything, eh?" "What? No, suffering for the rest of his life is the far worse fate that he deserves." Just quoting via memory, but it's pretty good.

Shouta

I don't D:

Tell me

It's not a huge thing but I'll spoiler tag anyway.
When an arcana unlocks, Niijima's interrogations usually describe what the person did for the thieves. In Ann's case, Niijima goes "You must have had someone that was an expert at deceiving the eyes of others." The JP version is super blunt about it "You must have had expert actor/actress that could deceive the eyes of others"

Now consider Ann's ability to act in that scene with Yusuke. =)

Ploid 3.0

How is the PS3 version? The game doesn't seem like it would be hard for the PS3 to run. I have a PS3 collecting dust and I won't have to schedule time to use the PS4 with the Overwatch junkie. Though I do want to introduce Persona to them, and what better way to start than with the newest version. I mainly game on PC with my two screen setup (one screen for games, the other for everything else). So if PS3 emulator make good progress I'll have a big collection of persona games on my PC if I go PS3 route (need a blu ray drive, but I'll have more reason to get it with P5).

Edit: I was just reminded that Persona almost totally skipped a generation of Playstation. Heck it might as well be said that he has. Though P4 came late for PS2.

Venfayth

It's not a huge thing but I'll spoiler tag anyway.
When an arcana unlocks, Niijima's interrogations usually describe what the person did for the thieves. In Ann's case, Niijima goes "You must have had someone that was an expert at deceiving the eyes of others." The JP version is super blunt about it "You must have had expert actor/actress that could deceive the eyes of others"

Now consider Ann's ability to act in that scene with Yusuke. =)

Lol that's cute. That scene had me cracking up too. I felt bad for Ann the whole time.

I'm 10 hours in and just beat the first palace. Is that about how long it takes?

Also I love the change from randomized dungeons to this. It's so much more engaging.

I don't know if that's the standard time but I'm just under 12 hours and still haven't beaten the first dungeon. I'm fighting every enemy I see even when I don't have to plus I got 3 game overs. Don't think that time lost is included in my overall time.

Rixxan

Think i need to bail from this thread

no spoilers being posted but so many little touches and details being complimented that i dunno, i'd kind of like to observe for myself - if that makes sense

i'll return when i've made a bigger dent in this - hours wise

Cussing in games doesn't bother me usually, but it seems like its overdone in this one. I'm use to it in SMT but it wasn't constant like in this.

Were you ever in high school? People cussed way more than in this game. It feels a lot more authentic than 4's somewhat sanitized portrayal of the teenage years.

Teenagers swear. Teenagers think about dark things. Teenagers have sex and do drugs. There's no use avoiding that reality.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The mid-boss in Palace 1 was rather fitting then.

There's a lot more thought put into the enemy choices as a whole here, every dungeon has a specific set of "demons" in it, and each of them makes sense for that dungeon. It's really nice and a huge step up in variety from P3/4's generic shadows.

h0tp0ck3t

Yeah, enemies are starting to throw hamas at me here too. Really need a persona with darkness resistance. At least, I think that'll lower hamas procing possibility?

other way around. you'd need light resistance for hama
darkness for mudo

Edit: Basing this off past SMT knowledge so ignore if I'm wrong

jrush64

Banned
I don't think the way Ann
joins is great
. I guess I'm comparing to Chie because I get a lot of the same vibes.

I'm 7 hours in so far. I feel like I'm going really slow which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom