• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the first dungeon, and things are pretty great so far. But just one thing seems to be confusing me a bit (which I'm sure is one of those things has been asked a billion times before, and I apologize for that): based on both like pre-release materials and shit, and the character's name, I assumed Morgana was supposed to be a she. But everyone seems to be using male pronouns to be referring to Morgana (and some of Morgana's behavior is also pointing more in that direction but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

Is that a case of the localization simply treating "he" as a gender-neutral pronoun (which would be really fucking annoying because by definition it ain't gender neutral or default in any way) to keep up some sense of mystery as to what Morgana's deal is exactly, a mistake in the localization (guessing it's more this since I really doubt the Japanese version was using anything but gender-neutral pronouns to refer to Morgana either way at this point), or would answering that question at all spoil whatever the deal is Morgana and whatever the twist is going to be there and I just shouldn't worry too much about it for now?

If it is a spoiler, don't say because I'd of course prefer to find out for myself in that case which is also why I'm super hesitant to even Google Morgana's name, because I'm guessing I'll probably be spoiled immediately on everything if I do, right? >.<

But yeah, just curious if I'm actually supposed to know if Morgana's a girl, a boy, or just supposed to be a mysterious little cat burglar at this point. Thanks! ^_^

shiba5

So how do you have time for a part-time job on top of juggling everything else? I was going to pick one up, but it seemed like it was every day and I didn't know how I'd have time for it.

CSX

(I've noticed the shadows are pretty much always the same enemy party).

Noticed this on the first dungeon. Once you see a particular shadow that you find easy to beat and gives a lot of EXP, you can just keep reentering the room over and over to beat it. Based Archangel lol

wamberz1

On my first day in the first dungeon and out of sp. Is there any way to escape other than walk all the way back to the beginning?

aravuus

What accessory is that ?

SP Adhesive 3. You can buy it from
the doctor
after you reach Slink 5 for her. It's 100k then, but getting the slink to 7 halves the prices.

Noticed this on the first dungeon. Once you see a particular shadow that you find easier to beat and gives a lot of EXP, you can just keep reentering the room over and over to beat it. Based Archangel lol

Yeah, I've been doing this for money. There's a shadow that's usually a party of five Mokois. They're weak to wind, which just happens to be the elemental spell my SP regen acc holder has, and they give a ton of money (around 3k per fight)

dhlt25

On my first day in the first dungeon and out of sp. Is there any way to escape other than walk all the way back to the beginning?

Hold R1 inside saferoom and you can teleport

Just got the game yesterday and played 5 hours or so, my impression:

The aesthetic is amazing and bursting with style. However, sometimes there can be too much stuff and make it hard to tell what's going on. The custom dungeon is cool but I'm also missing the straight up dungeon craw of the previous games. The navigation is not my favorite, kinda hard to find place and feels clunky to move around, the cover system is ok but can get annoying with the movement. Story and other elements has been super slow. Overall it's a good impression but I'm not too hype yet, I can't wait to get more freedom in the next session tho.

Slaythe

I'm trying to avoid spoilers and thanks to the inconsiderate shit bags with their click bait articles or unmoderated forums I already got spoiled some.

So I'm gonna ask here.

Can you tell me what are the best activities for each stats ? I am lagging behind severely. =(

Thanks. Spoiler tag it for people that don't want to know. :D

Joqu

I just tried to ambush a shadow but it just said I couldn't hold any more masks and didn't start it, the enemy vanished. Did I miss some mechanic here? The others don't do it

Priz

I wished I could use the share feature of the game to have been able to share my bugs/issues with people better to help them understand but I'm still near the beginning... I just sent this bug right now to Atlus support in case anyone else has the same issue and how to fix it. I don't consider what I wrote to be any spoilers... cut and paste of my e-mail:

Someone yesterday suggested downloading the Japanese language pack before the servers were overloaded/so you could jump in so I "bought" it on the web based version of PSN while at work and put it in my queue for PS4. Came home from work, realized the PS4 was off and not in rest mode so it started the download and with my slow internet it took about 90 minutes to download. While this happened I inserted the disc into my PS4 and it ran/launched the game.

I went to a panel at a local convention second to last weekend and they had a Persona 5 panel where due to the delay it was more about showing people what to expect from the game. At the start there is a disclaimer you have to agree to about the game being a work of fiction and you get an "I agree"/"Disagree" option with a funny comment if you choose the latter. Saw it in the panel so it was the first thing I did with the English dubbed version. Played through the first tutorial battle in English... all was fine.

I quit the game and did some other stuff and let the download finish. I installed it and selected it in the options and started my game (I also selected the option to auto-advance text as it was spoken). Instead of playing Japanese audio for the disclaimer message, various sound effects played for each screen of the disclaimer and it quickly zipped through them as well as a short voice sound here or there.

For most of the regular text bubbles of speaking, instead of the text being read like the English version at the start only the text at the top of the opening of the game by characters actually had Japanese voices. The main text window for the game just plays a random character sound OR sound effect for each screen of text. On the screen where the... lawyer? is talking to the police and they have 3 lines of text, those would only be on the screen for a second or two at most because their audio is a sound effect so I'd have to read the log to see what they were actually saying. Cutscenes were fine and the audio was all in Japanese.

I looked on twitter to see if anyone else was seeing this and a few people mentioned bugs... someone famous for translation commented he wasn't happy with the translation as he was playing with Japanese audio on it and I asked if he was experiencing the glitches I was and a third person replied. He misunderstood what I was asking but then realized what I was saying and told me he read elsewhere if I reinstalled the Japanese Language DLC it would fix the issue.

A velvet room scene where Caroline and Justine and Igor spoke and it was all just sound effects or random male/female sound effect would play for any dialogue is where I stopped. Deleted the game data from the hard drive (Made sure saves were still intact) and reinstalled then downloaded the Japanese Language pack again (let the system run in rest mode overnight). Turned it back on before going to work, played the Velvet Room scene and everything was fixed. Everyone spoke when their characters came up and sounded right.

So if anyone else experiences this bug, that's how to fix it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So how do you have time for a part-time job on top of juggling everything else? I was going to pick one up, but it seemed like it was every day and I didn't know how I'd have time for it.

You only go when you want to (because you need money, or are trying to level up a skill).

They manage without you.

aravuus

In case someone didn't know, being hidden really means you're hidden - it doesn't matter how close the enemy is to to you, or if they keep walking around you, they'll never notice you. It looks like you don't actually have to be behind cover, away from their FOV.

I know the tutorial said something like that, but it sounded too good to be true lol.

brawly

I'm getting really tired of the whole "I could do X if only I had attribute Y at level Z". Even for social links.

I don't remember it being this prevalent this early in P4G.

Weiss

Banned
I just tried to ambush a shadow but it just said I couldn't hold any more masks and didn't start it, the enemy vanished. Did I miss some mechanic here? The others don't do it

You have the maximum amount of Personae you can hold at the moment.

Gestahl

I'm trying to avoid spoilers and thanks to the inconsiderate shit bags with their click bait articles or unmoderated forums I already got spoiled some.

So I'm gonna ask here.

Can you tell me what are the best activities for each stats ? I am lagging behind severely. =(

Thanks. Spoiler tag it for people that don't want to know. :D

It depends on what confidants you have unlocked and where you're at in the game. Knowledge you want the series staple of studying during a rainy day, that's far and away the best and most readily available option.
Star
also gives a boost to it and there are
tv programs that give you a boost for a correct answer along with the classroom answers
. Courage, early on you want to
read the Captain Kid library book and do the Death confidant. You can also go to the restaurant for a basic boost along with the regular knowledge stat up.
Dexterity is
making items in the attic and Hanged Man.
Charm is the
bathhouse on rainy days and Mondays and Thursdays (maybe not the exact days) and Sun and Devil,
and Kindness is
fertilizing the plant, Hierophant and Tower, and the flower shop.
There's also the
burger challenge for raising all stats and a sunday health drink for 5000 yen every week for a random stat up.

DNAbro

At the end of the first dungeon, and things are pretty great so far. But just one thing seems to be confusing me a bit (which I'm sure is one of those things has been asked a billion times before, and I apologize for that): based on both like pre-release materials and shit, and the character's name, I assumed Morgana was supposed to be a she. But everyone seems to be using male pronouns to be referring to Morgana (and some of Morgana's behavior is also pointing more in that direction but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

Is that a case of the localization simply treating "he" as a gender-neutral pronoun (which would be really fucking annoying because by definition it ain't gender neutral or default in any way) to keep up some sense of mystery as to what Morgana's deal is exactly, a mistake in the localization (guessing it's more this since I really doubt the Japanese version was using anything but gender-neutral pronouns to refer to Morgana either way at this point), or would answering that question at all spoil whatever the deal is Morgana and whatever the twist is going to be there and I just shouldn't worry too much about it for now?

If it is a spoiler, don't say because I'd of course prefer to find out for myself in that case which is also why I'm super hesitant to even Google Morgana's name, because I'm guessing I'll probably be spoiled immediately on everything if I do, right? >.<

But yeah, just curious if I'm actually supposed to know if Morgana's a girl, a boy, or just supposed to be a mysterious little cat burglar at this point. Thanks! ^_^

Yes Morgana is a boy. It isn't really a secret. They do confirm at one point, but it isn't really supposed to be a big deal.

Spoiler I guess since some people consider it one.

Freeman76

Never seems enough time to do shit, which makes that loading logo saying Take your Time really fucking annoying lol.

The game is really good but I wish you had more freedom sometimes.

Taruranto

I wish I could remove this "splashing" effect when you run in dungeons. It's kinda obnoxious. The first thing I did was going through the menus to see if I could remove it. :/

Uh yeah, I get that. But why couldn't I enter that battle? Others don't give me that message and it looked like a regular enemy

Did the screen flash red and black with an error sound?
IDK but I think that means you're way over leveled. It only ever happened to me when I was lv 99 facing way lower things lol.

Nikokuno

I'm getting really tired of the whole "I could do X if only I had attribute Y at level Z". Even for social links.

I don't remember it being this prevalent this early in P4G.

You don't remember well then &#128518;

Edit : didn't get the 'early' sorry

Regarding Kamoshida's "secret":
Did anyone else think at first that he was sexually assaulting the girls on his volleyball team? I mean it seemed like the game was hinting heavily at that with the calling girls to his office, and the whole Ann thing. I was sure this was what was going on, and was really impressed they were going to tackle sexual assault in this game. And then the reveal is that he's punching the kids on his team. I mean...okay, I definitely don't want to say that's not a big deal, it's a horrible thing. But it didn't impact me in the way it should have because I was expecting something else, and I feel like the game almost did this deliberately based on how they set up the story. But I'm not sure why they wrote it that way.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Make sure you contact them via live chat, hopefully they can sort it out for you, as it is still available via the Prime now app. If not try your local argos.

I actually did talk to them earlier on the phone and they didn't even suggest Prime Now (refund or wait for the standard edition were my options) but I've contacted them again and I've got a discounted Prime Now copy on the way along with a full refund for the other copy when I send it back. Thank you for the suggestion!

Joqu

Did the screen flash red and black with an error sound?
IDK but I think that means you're way over leveled. It only ever happened to me when I was lv 99 facing way lower things lol.

Yeah, it did. I don't feel overleveled tho... I am trying to grind for money but still

level 21 in the bank fwiw. pretty sure that's what makoto joined at too

DNAbro

Did anyone else think at first that he was sexually assaulting the girls on his volleyball team? I mean it seemed like the game was hinting heavily at that with the calling girls to his office, and the whole Ann thing. I was sure this was what was going on, and was really impressed they were going to tackle sexual assault in this game. And then the reveal is that he's punching the kids on his team. I mean...okay, I definitely don't want to say that's not a big deal, it's a horrible thing. But it didn't impact me in the way it should have because I was expecting something else, and I feel like the game almost did this deliberately based on how they set up the story. But I'm not sure why they wrote it that way.

Keep playing

daveo42

Banned

You resolve that situation yet or no?

Merkunt

What's an efficient way to grind up Kindness? I got a book, but it took two sessions and only gave me three points. Guts, Knowledge, and Prof are simple, but there doesn't seem to be many generic activities that affect Kindness or Charm.

Feed your plant and order the family steak in the Diner for Kindness.

Go to the bathhouse on Mondays and Thursdays for Charm.

Vinlaen

I have another "which difficulty is best for me" question. Basically I'm trying to decide between Easy and Safety.

I've played Persona 3 and 4 for about an hour or two each but not much longer.

I'm a father of two young kids with very, very little free time.

I was thinking about playing on Easy but sounds like you can still die and have to grind for money, etc. I'm not thinking about safety just so I can get through the game without being frustrated or losing time, etc.

Any opinions from other parents with not much free time ? :)

Freeman76

Im able to go to first palace now, is it best to wait until the last day before going in so I can get some money and buy everyone a new weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom