• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalwart

very interested on such a lost as well

Hey guys, does anybody have a list of all the Persona available for recruitment per dungeon? I'd like to get each in a Palace before moving on. I'm sure a list like this exists since the game has been out for ages but I don't want to google in fear of spoilers.

Gonna quote just once for the new page. Hopefully someone has some info since I'll be done the first Palace soon.

Shouta

Eh, you can just cheese all the questions with the network function now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do this! From what I'm hearing, it seems like they left a lot of the questions the same as the JP version. So quite a few totally incomprehensible if you don't know Japanese or Japanese history, lol

kaioshade

Ok, different question, since this topic moves quite fast.

how many points are necessary to rank up a skill? ive been noticing on the network people are doing confidants and other things that require high skill levels. i just started May but have nowhere near the amount of skills. Is there a way to tell how far i am from leveling up?

Burbeting

Banned
So I got killed yesterday by seven enemies (4 + 3 that arrived later) spamming marin karin on my party.

I could hear Mitsuru laughing in the distance...

Joqu

Do this! From what I'm hearing, it seems like they left a lot of the questions the same as the JP version. So quite a few totally incomprehensible if you don't know Japanese or Japanese history, lol

They sure did, and yeah those are totally incomprehensible for most people outside of Japan. Ain't no shame in cheating for those if you ask me.

Audioboxer

Eh, you can just cheese all the questions with the network function now ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Might as well let us. Everyone just used GameFAQs for the earlier games with school questions lol. Unless you were a smart cookie.

Ain't anyone got time for risking the stat min max.

Lol are you serious. Goddamn now I'm really looking forward to this since I have all the japanese social studies minutiae still fresh in my mind from the import.

Reszo

Where's the best place to increase my Guts? The story isn't letting me choose the options I want to say to NPCs because I'm not at bold.

Might as well let us. Everyone just used GameFAQs for the earlier games with school questions lol. Unless you were a smart cookie.

Ain't anyone got time for risking the stat min max.

In P3 though the teacher would tell you the answers during lectures; you just had to pay attention. The first question I got in P5 was out of the blue; I mean, I probably used to know that answer, but it's been a while since my philosophy studies in university. Does P5 not give answers ahead of time at all?

Audioboxer

In P3 though the teacher would tell you the answers during lectures; you just had to pay attention. The first question I got in P5 was out of the blue; I mean, I probably used to know that answer, but it's been a while since my philosophy studies in university. Does P5 not give answers ahead of time at all?

That's true to be fair. There was still the slight anxiety of getting it wrong or mixing up answers and ruining the perfect stat boost streak. Some questions were straightforward.

StereoVsn

So I am around 5/10 and I am already used to clunky localization and VA so it really doesn't bother me. Overall VA is quite good, the storyline moves at a snappy pace and characters are likeable (still like the Scooby gang better but I am only at hour 15).

Speaking of dungeons. Spoiler for random dungeon:
Cat bus is annoying as hell. I would rather use the iffy Stealth interface then trying to ambush mobs with that thing. Concept in itself is great but implementation could be better.

Overall though it's an awesome game so far. I even finally got the hang of baseball cage. It's easy items/stats.

Question on mid-terms. What Knowledge level are you supposed to be to do well (not the top mind you)? My knowledge is lagging a bit behind other stats. Should I grind it at least to 2nd level?

dan2026

This has to be the jaggiest game on the PS4.
There doesn't seem to be any anti aliasing at all.
I'm not even entirely convinced it's 1080p

RPGCrazied

This has to be the jaggiest game on the PS4.
There doesn't seem to be any anti aliasing at all.
I'm not even entirely convinced it's 1080p

And the slight moment that occurs doesn't help things. Still though its the best version. I bet the PS3 looks even worse at 720p.

I think the localization was exaggerated. The only line that had stuck out to me so far is the infamous "are you really a bad person as the rumor says?"

I think the localization was exaggerated. The only line that had stuck out to me so far is the infamous "are you really a bad person as the rumor says?"

That one is pretty bad and I'm sad they never fixed it since it was made public before the 7 month delay, but the first serious localization botchamania that hit me hard is Kamoshida's early conversation with the principal.

Kindekuma

Banned
Nah I got the
cup
stuff down. I get to the special action but then either can't attack enough or just get worn down.

I managed the fight just fine by buffing my own and Ryuji's attack status and have Ann debuff the boss attack. Morgana being the healer while I just wailed on the boss with medium physical attacks. When it comes down to the special action
send Morgana
as other party members will fail. Only do that when you are at the last 1/4 health.

Jiraiza

Nah I got the
cup
stuff down. I get to the special action but then either can't attack enough or just get worn down.

Is your Morgana level 11?

I managed the fight just fine by buffing my own and Ryuji's attack status and have Ann debuff the boss attack. Morgana being the healer while I just wailed on the boss with medium physical attacks. When it comes down to the special action
send Morgana
as other party members will fail. Only do that when you are at the last 1/4 health.

What, is this true?
Only Morgana can do it?

Ydelnae

Oh well, just got spoiled by the first post of the Confidant Thread. I think this thread will be my only interaction with P5 GAF from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom