• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played for about 3 hours now, and it has been amazing, unfortunately I have to end it for today but I can't save at my current location.
Does anyone know if the time the PS4 stays in rest mode counts towards the total playtime clock of the game? I'm kind of obsessive with that stuff lol

WaterAstro

Ugh some dude I ambush just one shotted the hero once he was up.

Talk about lame losing 30 mins of progress with something out of my control.

Kyrios

Guys stupid thought crossed my mind
as usual
but...where does the main character bathe? There's only a washroom in the bar. Does he bathe in deodorant?

I'm still in the first dungeon.. Oh my good lord I am absolutely hooked on this damned game. It is an upgrade in every conceivable way from Persona 4. There is so much going on in battles and dungeons I am having a hard time putting it down. Everything is more engaging, like literally everything. The story is great so far. The extra visual flourishes just make it so much easier to actually follow the story and cutscenes in this game compared to Persona 4. In that game I just ended up skipping so much of the dialogue because a lot of it wasn't voiced or interesting.

Why did this have to come out around finals..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Confidants Question (Fortune)

is it worth buying the holy stone from Chihaya for 100.000 yen?

I just lost an hour of progress twice.. I'm so salty it's not even funny. Can't stand MC dying = game over. Hated it in P4 and I hate it here. Where's a good spot in the
castle
to grind so I can avoid getting wrecked by random
level 16 enemies

sappyday

It's definitely possible to max every stat in one play through right? I know you pretty much gotta follow a guide though right? That was the case with P3/4 I think

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Strimei

I assume for some social links you'll have to level your stats like in previous games, right? (i.e. had to max out charm or whatever to start Yukari's social link, or what have you).

GSR

How soon should you open it?

If you're going for optimization, ASAP. The skills in that link are great for letting you get the most out of dungeons or avoid "wasting" a confidant day (you can pay to boost your relationship with someone once a day.)

Does anybody know ways to improve any of your stats that don't advance time? The only one I know of so far is buying juice on Sundays from the juice stand in Shibuya's walkway.

If you could go ahead and mark that with the date your spoiler occurs on.

That said, the moment you are talking about literally made my eyes widen and mouth drop as I realized what was happening.
Wait, what do you mean?

I'm really getting invested in the story right now, but I'm supposed to finish an overdue paper... Fucking hell.

Audioboxer

Played a few hours, off to sleep. Gotta say so far I prefer how Persona 4 starts, and the characters from it. Very early days though!

Shouta

Am i forced to fuse with
Arsene during the
tutorial? I dont like that at all.

If you have other Persona to fuse, you should be fine. You can also get that one back right away from the compendium though they'll be at level 1.

Arthos

I have played for about 3 hours now, and it has been amazing, unfortunately I have to end it for today but I can't save at my current location.
Does anyone know if the time the PS4 stays in rest mode counts towards the total playtime clock of the game? I'm kind of obsessive with that stuff lol

You'll be fine. That's what I've been doing since I got the game. I stop my sessions and let it rest and just come back to it. Most of the time I'm in the middle of some dialogue.

I feel like the beginning characters made a way better stronger impression then P4 did. Seriously Morgana, Ryuji, and Ann are great and I feel more engaged with them then with Youske, Chie, and Teddie did in the first 10-15 hours of Persona 4.

Meowster

Final boss of the first palace:
What is the recommended level for this dude? I still have a couple of days left and was considering developing some links and grinding before I faced him. I'm on hard. Haven't had much difficulty so far. I'm currently level 11.

McBryBry

Man oh man, what to do! From what I understand, I'm halfway through my first dungeon on 4/21. Not sure what Persona fusions I want to do!

Level 7, here's my list if anyone has recommendations.

5 Incubus w/ Zio
4 Arsene
6 Kelpie
6 Silky
3 Mandrake
3 Agathion

Also have Jack o lantern, Pixie and Bicorn in the books. Whatchu guys think.

I've been playing this game straight since 4 P.M. yesterday evening. Just finished the
bank heist
and I'm loving every minute of the experience. Can't wait to come home tomorrow from work and out another 10-15 hours into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom