• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WOOOO! First Palace down! Arsene's accuracy debuff is SO GOOD.

I managed the fight just fine by buffing my own and Ryuji's attack status and have Ann debuff the boss attack. Morgana being the healer while I just wailed on the boss with medium physical attacks. When it comes down to the special action
send Morgana
as other party members will fail. Only do that when you are at the last 1/4 health.

Last 1/4 of his health? That would take forever though? I did send Morgana however.

Is your Morgana level 11?

What, is this true?
Only Morgana can do it?

Morgana was only level 9.

Kindekuma

Banned
WOOOO! First Palace down! Arsene's accuracy debuff is SO GOOD.
Last 1/4 of his health? That would take forever though? I did send Morgana however.
Morgana was only level 9.

My team was at level 11, and I had some Personas with heavier physical attack moves so the fight was over real quick after you
get rid of cup

is there a "best" option when you're talking in a negotiation but don't want them to join you? like, are you more likely to get a good item vs a lot of money?

or are neither worth doing?

Ydelnae

Me during my first hours: I wish there was a song as catchy as Your Affection or When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars

Me now: parapapa pararara toodooroo

From what I can tell from my very limited gametime. If you have a persona on you then it will be very easy to get money or an item from the same persona

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My team was at level 11, and I had some Personas with heavier physical attack moves so the fight was over real quick after you
get rid of cup

Oh yeah that would have taken forever for me. I just went
straight for the crown
and then he went down in a few hits.

katagai

Are any of the locked chests in the first dungeon worth getting? I tried googling for a guide or something with a list of the contents of each chest but wasn't able to find one.

Shouta

is there a "best" option when you're talking in a negotiation but don't want them to join you? like, are you more likely to get a good item vs a lot of money?

or are neither worth doing?

Either choice works fine. You'll get some interesting items from but you can also get a lot of money as well.

By the time you hit the mid game, you'll have
unlocked the Sun arcana and gained some negotiation techniques. You can then start extorting monsters for tons of money and items. >=)

Is there a time limit for the (Before Dungeon 2)
Mementos? Do requests keep piling on, or do I need to finish 1 to unlock the next? Also does leaving Mementos cost a period of time?
?

Kindekuma

Banned
Just lost like 40 minutes of progress because I got ambushed by 4 Jack Frosts and my Agi spell whiffed.

Sound rough hee-ho.
RVrre7U.jpg

Merkunt

I can't get why people see the need to grind in this game. I had my team at LV9 when
I took down Shadow Kamoshida
on Hard mode.

From what I've seen I'm currently 2 levels behind compared to the average and I haven't started the 2nd Dungeon yet.

Matteoj8

What's up with the voice audio quality in this game...? You really notice in when characters (especially female) are making the "s" sounds, it sounds funny or distorted. It's kind of jarring to me when the rest of the music and sounds are great. Anyone else noticing this?

ckohler

I've stopped checking the Thieves Network because apparently everyone is 200x more efficient at this game than I am. It's kinda disheartening.

When it says, "I don't think bonds with Person will deepen just yet..."

Does that mean it's just a matter of keep doing activities to strengthen that bond or does it mean that at this time, the bond won't strengthen? I think it's the prior, but just want to confirm I'm not missing other opportunities if it's a timing thing.

Xeteh

Does that mean it's just a matter of keep doing activities to strengthen that bond or does it mean that at this time, the bond won't strengthen? I think it's the prior, but just want to confirm I'm not missing other opportunities if it's a timing thing.

That this next time you can't rank up. Basically, if you're not going to rank up you're just getting a generic "I hung out with this person" scene.

Is there any way to check your social stats? I can't find it in the menus.

Stats
X on Protag
Left on DPad

Kindekuma

Banned

You get a rank up with them, but you get a sort of "bonding points" with them, so you'll be more likely to get a new SL Rank Up event with them the next time you see them. Still worth spending time with someone even if you won't initally get that SL boost.

I need some help help with the first palace. . It's quite overwhelming imo.This is not only my first persona game, but is also my first jrpg as well.
I'm nearing the top of the palace where things begin to be very distorted. The enemies are red so I'm ver underleveled. I have 7 days left.
what would you reccomened I do?

So happy there is a
kinda
canon name for the MC. Coincidentally this will be my second Persona MC named Akira lol, used that name for P3 as well.

Strimei

So happy there is a
kinda
canon name for the MC. Coincidentally this will be my second Persona MC named Akira lol, used that name for P3 as well.

They've always had (semi) canon names though, just in other cases the names generally came out later through the manga (or anime).

the way the combat transitions to the fucking HOLD UP stuff

it's so good. so insanely good. best turn based combat to date

Man, I just ran into an enemy that instantly put Ann to sleep despite being weak to fire. Turn 1: Morgana wakes Ann. Turn 2: Protag shoots shadow, then baton passes to now awake Ann. Turn 3: Weaken everyone, initiate hold up. Hold Up: Should I talk to these guys? ... Nah, fuck em *Stylish Ann splash screen appears*

Weiss

Banned
How should I go about improving Kindness in the early game? I'm up to May and I don't think I've done it once, and I need it for Ann's SL.

How should I go about improving Kindness in the early game? I'm up to May and I don't think I've done it once, and I need it for Ann's SL.

Fertilizing the plant in your room.
Buying juice on Sunday at the juice stand in Shibuya.
Working at the flower store in Shibuya.

I've stopped checking the Thieves Network because apparently everyone is 200x more efficient at this game than I am. It's kinda disheartening.

It's likely a lot of people are just using guides. I think many people who try to minmax on their first playthrough have forgotten that Role Playing is part of JRPG. Playing a character in a non-optimal way is more realistic and totally fine, and given past comments by Atlus staff is probably what the developers prefer for people to experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom