• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

Banned
Final boss of the first palace:
What is the recommended level for this dude? I still have a couple of days left and was considering developing some links and grinding before I faced him. I'm on hard. Haven't had much difficulty so far. I'm currently level 11.

At that level you'll be fine. Just make sure to debuff him.

Ulong

I heard that you need max charm and knowledge to Social Link with
Makoto
this is getting a bit spoiler territory, but I'm wondering what date that social link can start so I know when I want to get my stats up by?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit soooooo did (1st dungeon story-related spoiler, 4/15)
Kamoshida rape Shiho? His shadow says Ann didnt want to come over to his place to sleep with him so "Shiho had to take her place". That's about as clear of a rape statement without outright saying it as it gets. What did you guys think? Jesus lord

I'm not further than 4/15 yet so if it gets answered later just tell me that, otherwise please no other spoilers.

But hooooly.

Weiss

Banned
If you're going for optimization, ASAP. The skills in that link are great for letting you get the most out of dungeons or avoid "wasting" a confidant day (you can pay to boost your relationship with someone once a day.)

I'm on 5/18 and
have started infiltrating Madarame's palace.
How screwed am I for time? I can't even get Ann past Rank 1.

Rozart

There's a book you can read that makes it easier, but in general, I'd say (outside of getting the trophy) there's better things to do with your time.

Aah. There's a trophy for it. That explains a lot. I was wondering why the thieves' network always indicated that a handful of players chose to spend their time at the batting cages.

No master in any sense but I hold the left stick between my forefinger and thumb instead of just using my thumb to fine tune. Its super touchy.

I think my problem is I don't quite know when to swing the bat.

Any other Persona vets who are playing this not at all worried about maxing stats and confidants? I'm just trying to make my first playthrough totally pure; I'll do what's interesting to me at the moment.

Is there a non-spoiler True Ending guide(does this game even has one?) for this? I about to start the game now! So excited, especially since Persona 4 Golden was the game that got me into JRPGs :)

Raybunny

I'm on 5/18 and

That dungeon is fast but will require 3 days at least.
There is an artificial barrier that requires you to go to the real world
and then the calling card day. I do not think that you are screwed. You need to send the card until the 1st if I am not mistaken.

Regarding Ann you might have missed the "let's study together" text. No worries she will ask again very soon for a meeting with you.

StereoVsn

Is there a non-spoiler True Ending guide(does this game even has one?) for this? I about to start the game now! So excited, especially since Persona 4 Golden was the game that got me into JRPGs :)
There is one in progress on Gamefaqs (it's not complete yet) but I feel that it's missing certain things and also is depending on either a lot of grinding for cash or playing on Safety.

I'm on 5/18 and

Don't panic, you have lots of time. The part of town where you can even talk to her hasn't even unlocked by 5/18. When it unlocks:
6/18
. The earliest I think you can even talk to her for the first time:
6/26

Save yo money.

Chaos17

I feel like the beginning characters made a way better stronger impression then P4 did. Seriously Morgana, Ryuji, and Ann are great and I feel more engaged with them then with Youske, Chie, and Teddie did in the first 10-15 hours of Persona 4.
I personally disliked to be locked with them for 10 hours straight and the first dungeon. So I'm not attached at all of what is happening to people.

Any other Persona vets who are playing this not at all worried about maxing stats and confidants? I'm just trying to make my first playthrough totally pure; I'll do what's interesting to me at the moment.

I'm a Persona vet, and I'm not even worried about getting everything right. Even with that, it can still get tough to choose who to bond with or what attributes to boost. More often than not, the choices feel like they pay off, so I don't feel too bad that I miss out on other choices I could have made.

On another note, the Mementos music gets old really fast. There's also a weird pink filter over the AOA screen on Mementos fights???

Zyrox

5dmd50o.jpg
giphy.gif

Best character? Best character.

TheBear

Are you sure? I remember in P4 you had to do certain things to get the True Ending. Hopefully they made in easier for P5

I was also going to ask this. In P4G I think there is like one pivotal moment that completely effects the ending (also adds like 10 hours to the game). I fucked it up and had to restart like 20 hours of progress. Is P5 endings handled differently?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I know this game is 100+ hours but I'm at 6/6 now and at
hours. Am I still right on track or am I going faster than usual?
I'm guessing some parts will pad out in the end?

Ala Alba

Is anyone else getting audio bugs when choosing Japanese audio?

To begin with, after choosing Japanese audio from the main menu config, the menu selection noises disappear. Then, in the opening sequence the sound effects, voices, and bgm start getting out of sync, overlapping, or disappearing entirely.

Kumo

Holy hell. Pretty sure I've died around 10 times doing the 1st Palace on hard. But I managed to reach the top in two days so I guess it was worth it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So how much better is this than P4, in terms of story, characters and gameplay?

I do love P4 but P5 feels a bit more thematically "heavy" and the start gets you right on your toes.

RDreamer

Ok where the hell is Ann and why can't I ever hang out with her?

Through the first dungeon:
Couldn't hang out with her because she was preoccupied with the first dungeon stuff. Then afterwards she was gone for a few days to see Shiho, but now I'm after that. I can't find her and don't know how to hang out with her.

This whole time the internet percentages they give you say other people have been hanging out with her. How!?

GSR

I heard that you need max charm and knowledge to Social Link with
Makoto
this is getting a bit spoiler territory, but I'm wondering what date that social link can start so I know when I want to get my stats up by?

You need knowledge 3 to start the link and max charm to go past rank 5 IIRC. It unlocks after (third arc, no actual spoilers)
clearing the third palace, so late June-early July.

DVCY201

Ok where the hell is Ann and why can't I ever hang out with her?

Through the first dungeon:
Couldn't hang out with her because she was preoccupied with the first dungeon stuff. Then afterwards she was gone for a few days to see Shiho, but now I'm after that. I can't find her and don't know how to hang out with her.

This whole time the internet percentages they give you say other people have been hanging out with her. How!?

Underground Shibuya Mall or Classroom

They perfected RPG dialogue with this game. Turning on auto-proceed during the fully voiced scenes makes it basically like watching a good anime. I tend to start skipping some dialogue in the Mass Effect/FF games, but so far (8.5 hours) I haven't skipped any voiced dialogue yet.

The translation and dub work is actually really good in my opinion. Some of it is annoying, but I think that's part of the direction for the characters in question. The writing is an odd mix of (sometimes dark) humor, "mature"'/"dark" issues, and classic Persona videogamey dialogue.

Lastly the style of the game is something I can't compare to any other game I've ever played. I didn't think anyone could "iterate" traditional JRPG battle result screens any more, but Persona 5 proved me very wrong.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone please tell me just by arcana names which confidants don't require matching personas to gain points and always auto-level ?

I don't want to be filling up my Persona menu with unneeded arcanas

Quoting myself from a few pages ago, if anyone could help me here please.

RDreamer

Underground Shibuya Mall or Classroom

Neither. Only time I've seen her in the Classroom was when I couldn't do anything with her because of the first dungeon. I haven't been able to hang out with her at all this entire time. Can't find her now either.

Edit: Nevermind, I was mistaking Ann's last name for Takemi, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom