• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My first playthrough was about 81 hours on Normal.

Alright, that's not so bad.

Hopefully I can get the platinum at 100-110 hours.

Rozart

So how much better is this than P4, in terms of story, characters and gameplay?

Needs more cat puns.

I've only just cleared the first dungeon but story and gameplay-wise, P5 is definitively the best persona game to date imo. The story hooks you right away and the changes to some classic Persona staples like the velvet room makes it all the more intriguing. The framed narrative has been handled really well too. Can't comment on the characters as I've yet to meet the whole cast but the ones I've met so far have been great.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is hanging with a confidant pointless if the protag thinks their relationship won't deepen yet?

Merkunt

Final boss of the first palace:
What is the recommended level for this dude? I still have a couple of days left and was considering developing some links and grinding before I faced him. I'm on hard. Haven't had much difficulty so far. I'm currently level 11.

I was level 9 on Hard. You're good

Does anyone else think it is odd that there is no mention of Shin Megami Tensei listed on any of the packaging for Persona 5? I believe this is the first time that has been the case. I know the Persona brand is stronger now than it ever has been, but I'm personally not thrilled about the separation of the brand from SMT. I know the themes and monsters etc are all still there, just odd that SMT didn't make an appearance anywhere.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just want to say I love the look and feel of the 2nd dungeon.

data

I'm not really sure I like the dungeon crawling in this game over P4. I was hoping the card system would return. And still not being able to skip all-out attacks is really annoying, and all the animations get really tiring after seeing them a 100 times, and the wait after the battle finishes... I love everything about the game so far except the dungeon. (I'm still on the first one)

Caim

A neat little tip regardling negotiation,

Each persona has a predetermined personality, you can view it after you analyze them and it will be shown in the corner of the screen during negotiation.

It's not entirely random on whether they join you or not, you need to look for tells in their dialogue to make the right choice.

megalowho

So how much better is this than P4, in terms of story, characters and gameplay?
Gameplay is better in P5 for sure, from dungeon layout and interaction to the battle system refinements. Baton pass, guns and negotiations are strategic and useful mechanics. Infiltration can be a little more convoluted and time consuming and I miss shuffle time, can't lie.

I think the TV world conceit works a bit better than phantom thieves in P5 early on, but the other world is operating on an intriguingly larger scale. Cast is great so far, hits the notes from P4 you'd want while doing its own thing. I'm all in, just like I was with P3/P4. The level of confidence in tone and style that P5 is operating on is impressive even for the Persona team.

Ostinatto

OK, this is the 3rd time i'm dead against Jack Frost (from the second m
ementos
quest)

Whats the weakness for this persona please?

ULTROS!

Have you finished it yet? Gets better and better.

Yup, just finished the 2nd dungeon last night and
the dungeon looks so crazy and gaudy-in-a-good-way I love it

Comment on the 2nd dungeon/part
the villain isn't as despicable as the first one. I really really wanted to murder Kamoshida. This one, not so much.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The 4chan comments on the Phan-site are amazing.

ULTROS!

The 4chan comments on the Phan-site are amazing.

Somehow I think Persona 5 is Internet/RL: The Game because you got
social justice warriors, millenials being looked down on and them fighting back, angry pessimistic adults, troll comments.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yusuke is my favorite Persona character ever.
Male ice user, socially awkward, overly eloquent, kabuki Persona samurai sword wielding badass

Somehow I think Persona 5 is Internet/RL: The Game because you got
social justice warriors, millenials being looked down on and them fighting back, angry adults, troll comments.
That's deep.

Joqu

The persona 2 vibes in this continue to be strong.
And I only just realized that how the palaces work is basically the rumor system but in another world, oh man.
I could really go for a proper cameo right about now but I assume that's not gonna happen. Still, I couldn't be happier. Best vibes.

Just reached my first free-roam day (4/18). Hmm.. what to do.

When's the ideal time to finish the first castle? Should I finish it asap so I can flirt Ann right away?

Between the streaming ban and the asinine reasons given for not having female leads, it's like everything outside the game is trying to sour me on the Persona franchise

Murdamonk

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is it me or the game installation is crazy fast? Barely saw the game installed on my external SSD..

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is it me or the game installation is crazy fast? Barely saw the game installed on my external SSD..

No it's not just you. I literally popped it in and played like a ps2 game. I think it has to do with this basically being a PS3 game with extra resources.

GSR

The persona 2 vibes in this continue to be strong.
And I only just realized that how the palaces work is basically the rumor system but in another world, oh man.
I could really go for a proper cameo right about now but I assume that's not gonna happen. Still, I couldn't be happier. Best vibes.

If Maya had showed up to be the moon SL and be a mentor to the team I would have lost my mind

(It's probably for the best that they don't bring back characters though)

Sciel

Could someone tell me how to unlock the
Tower
Confidant? (Sep Confidant Spoilers)

I've gotten the request that says there is a cheater in an online game but have no idea how to proceed from there.

suracity

Could someone tell me how to unlock the
Tower
Confidant? (Sep Confidant Spoilers)

I've gotten the request that says there is a cheater in an online game but have no idea how to proceed from there.

you first have go to the momento to try to defeat the shadow of the cheater then plots will introduce tower to you

Ulong

The game just explained (In between dungeon 1 and 2 spoiler)
Mementos
to me, I did the first one, and now have the option to do a second. I feel like I should wait until I have multiple things in there to do one though, for time efficiency. Is that right, or will a third thing not show up until I do the previous one.

1) I hate hate hate movies/film/games with "false starts" or whatever where you then jump into the past. So much. I really want to fast forward and ignore all stuff in the interrogation room...but know I'll surely miss story crap.

2) This game went from "I am bored out of my stupid mind" to "this is damn good" all just from some freakin classmates showing up. Finally.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
someone needs to turn this into ryuji and the mc
Cromartie+high+school+content+on+funnyjunk+_5d78bd9169ea6d3a10a45bf51722e903.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom