• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

First dungeon done.

Some thoughts on the boss

LAWD, that was creepy as fuck. The legs of girls in the trophy cup and him slurping a miniature version of Ann? I'm surprised they didn't give him a long ass penis too. Def one of the creepier boss designs in in any video game.

What a great start. Can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Ugh I keep dying and losing quite a bit of progress. What's with these enemies spawning two steps away right after a battle all of a sudden?

Edit: wrong word

5/7 spoilers
what the fuuuuuuuuck, bus Morgana is the weirdest thing. I remember the bus from a trailer but never made the connection that the dang talking cat turns into it. Also I notice Morgana is a right-side-of-the-road kind of vehicle.

Edit: I also like the addition of vocals in the nighttime music now that I can go out.

Bladenic

Ryuji seems like a straight up fusion of Yosuke and Kanji so far. Speaking of, his VA is almost exactly like Yosuke. Do they follow some template for the Junpei/Yosuke/Ryuji characters for VA

Reszo

Mishima is officially my favorite character, right now . I'm only at 5/8. But I love this kid, wish he was a party member. He gets all the extra nice/positive responses from me.

Neoweee

So is Hard actually a reasonable challenge? At the first major boss on Merciless. I can definitely do it, but I want substantially more than P4 or P3P offered on their hardest difficulties.

Unison

On the 2nd dungeon... I'm getting tired of the game's structure where you keep getting pulled from dungeons for arbitrary checkpoints of 30+ minute story segments.

Does this taper off at any point? It's really killing my desire to press on.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn...

[Mechanic Spoiler Introduced in Dungeon 1]

Was NOT expecting to have to negotiate a hostage crisis. 0.0

Anyway I was doing good in Dungeon 1 up till the end, now I keep dying in cheap ways. I switched to Safe since I was getting annoyed, but I hated how it made everything brainless easy so switched back.

I wanted it to be a little more lenient, like sending you to the beginning of the room when you die so you just lose a bit of progress---but shit like being able to fully heal for free when dying, increased EXP., and doing more damage/taking less damage really annoyed me so I switched back to Normal.

Wish they offered Safe/Non-Safe and Difficulty separate, like how Fire Emblem handles it where you can turn off Death yet still have a challenging time.

TP

12 hours in and i'm starting to get tired of Morgana. It's starting to feel like MC is robot being controlled by the damn cat with all the things he's telling me to do and not do

Unison

12 hours in and i'm starting to get tired of Morgana. It's starting to feel like MC is robot being controlled by the damn cat with all the things he's telling me to do and not do

Yeah, this is super-annoying.

If I want to stay up an extra hour past my bedtime, I don't need a cat yelling at me.

The game feels too linear for its own good, 15 hours in.

suracity

Wow don't remember the game telling me that I feel that I'm gonna end up missing out on a lot anyone have an S link guide pls PM it to me :)

Actually I remembered the game does tell you about it. At least there is a prompt when you try to interact the phone at cafe.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I get the stylized presentation this series has going for it, and I always enjoy it. But does anyone else feel like P5 is slightly going overboard? Case in point: the randomly black-highlighted letters in character name bubbles. My eyes need to be trained to read them faster.

DJChuy

Kind of annoying some scenes are voiced while others aren't. Wasn't the game delayed to add additional voice overs, or was that just speculation?

Also not feeling Igor's new voice.

PixelatedBookake

Kind of annoying some scenes are voiced while others aren't. Wasn't the game delayed to add additional voice overs, or was that just speculation?

Why did they change the voice actor? I know the old Japanese Igor voice passed away but why did the English VA change?

ShadyK54

P4G was like that with the voiced scenes stuff as well. You get used to it (at least I did).

Herbshire

Just got the last boss of dungeon 1, this game is amazing!

First Persona game for me and I am loving it, was a slow burn at first but really starting to pick up.

I'm around 9 hours in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom