• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Master

Speaking of, are social links missable? Early chapter / palace 2 spoilers:
I didn't initiate the link with Ann, which seemed to imply talking about a stalker / someone following her in between the palaces. I had to get my dang knowledge up for the exams. The past week or so has been pretty plot heavy, but it's mildly concerning considering the "stalker" was art man, and that thread has gone beyond that.

Xeteh

Speaking of, are social links missable? Early chapter / palace 2 spoilers:
I didn't initiate the link with Ann, which seemed to imply talking about a stalker / someone following her in between the palaces. I had to get my dang knowledge up for the exams. The past week or so has been pretty plot heavy, but it's mildly concerning considering the "stalker" was art man, and that thread has gone beyond that.

You're fine.

Do Confidants ever require higher Guts/Charm/etc. levels after the "initial" check? Like will I need to keep upgrading my Kindness to continue talking to Ann after a certain point?

Also since I saw but forgot them earlier: what are the best bath house dates?

DJChuy

P4G was like that with the voiced scenes stuff as well. You get used to it (at least I did).

Yeah true. What threw me off though was that some scenes/dialogue auto-scrolled without it being voiced. Missed some lines, but doesn't look like I missed anything big.

Stencil

Good LORD this HUD is cumbersome...

Does the game give you more freedom to explore, shop etc as it opens up? Only on 4/15, but the game has been pretty much going on autopilot other than a few sequences where I can walk momentarily...

suracity

Do Confidants ever require higher Guts/Charm/etc. levels after the "initial" check? Like will I need to keep upgrading my Kindness to continue talking to Ann after a certain point?

Regarding the traits
yes and no. Some confidants don't have initial check but will have checkpoints down the road

About the bath house
Rainy Mon to Thu

Soriku

So is there no way to reliably avoid enemies? In the first dungeon at least the corridors are tight and enemies can get you quick. I ambush pretty much everything though, but I end up fighting nearly every enemy which can get old, plus it's an SP drain.

Soriku

Does the game give you more freedom to explore, shop etc as it opens up? Only on 4/15, but the game has been pretty much going on autopilot other than a few sequences where I can walk momentarily...

You get more flexibility in a few days.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I believe no, I stand corrected, yes there are some that will use stat checkpoints, and a lot of them will require you to go to Mementos to finish.

Best bath days to raise Charm are Mondays and Thursdays.

artsi

Kind of annoying some scenes are voiced while others aren't. Wasn't the game delayed to add additional voice overs, or was that just speculation?

Also not feeling Igor's new voice.

Just speculation, from what I see there's zero new lines that weren't in Japanese version.

Which is a bummer. I feel the only thing they could've done better would be to record all the lines including confidants.

In my experience it opens up a bit, but when you get into the next chapter is gets linear again.

FluxWaveZ

Ugh. Chapter 2 spoilers:
Yusuke sucks. I really was looking forward to this game not having a debbie downer.

That character is far from a debbie downer.
He somewhat plays the straight man as the group first comes to know him but, once he becomes one of them, he's far from what I'd call a downer.

TP

You're not my mom, cat
Can a main character take a piss without your permission? goddamn

u1TZPs1.jpg

So is there no way to reliably avoid enemies? In the first dungeon at least the corridors are tight and enemies can get you quick. I ambush pretty much everything though, but I end up fighting nearly every enemy which can get old, plus it's an SP drain.

I've moved to cover behind enemies as they approach but before the prompt to strike them appears. It's worked the few times i've tried it at 0-15% alert.

sappyday

You're not my mom, cat

I've moved to cover behind enemies as they approach but before the prompt to strike them appears. It's worked the few times i've tried it at 0-15% alert.

I like Morgana as a character (Teddie might be a little more interesting still?) but having him spouting the most obvious stuff all the time is kind of annoying.

What is the way to cheese xD

The influenza warning weather status will cause enemies to have a chance to start the battle with the Despair effect. Despair kills the enemy after 3 turns. Go into Mementos when there is an influenze warning and reload until you get a Reaper with Despair. Guard and heal for 3 turns.

Does anyone know how much SP the Leblanc coffee gives? Wondering if it's worth forgoing the evening stat pick-up.

Basic is 30 SP.

I've spent 12 of the last 32 hours since I got the game playing Persona 5. I don't know if I've ever gone this hard, definitely not in a long time.

I just beat the first dungeon. How did the Persona Team go from some of the blandest dungeons ive experienced to one of the best implementations I've ever played?

KyleCross

How much the main character is treated like a piece of shit is actually hampering my enjoyment of this game. Like, Goddamn.
You stopped a woman from being assaulted?! BURN IN HELL!

Regarding a puzzle in the first palace

If I accidentally put the King or Queen books in the wrong place, do I end up screwing myself? How do I fix this?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Regarding a puzzle in the first palace

If I accidentally put the King or Queen books in the wrong place, do I end up screwing myself? How do I fix this?
Try to put all three and then if it goes wrong I think you can remove it. Or just reload save I guess.

I finished the first palace ^_^ Getting a hang of this now. Awesome fun, missed turn based combat so much.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've been playing this on Vita through Remote Play. It seems like either the Vita or (more likely) the streaming codec has issues with reds. Red edges are noticeably aliased compared to the rest of the image. Very noticeable in P5 since red edges are quitw prominent.

You're not my mom, cat

Morgana just wants what's best for you, :(

Loving everything about the game so far. Only got to play it for about 1.5 hours so far. The city music is fucking amazing. Best chill music ever.

Kensuke

Another question for you guys:

Any big benefits in doing the batting cage? Feels like a bit of a waste. 1 proficiency and mediocre prices. Do you have to complete the beginner's course to unlock more or does that happen automatically?

The UI in Persona 5 is like a revelation. I really didn't know what smooth menus were until I played this. If they weren't so well designed they'd be super busy, but instead they're just smoooooth.

It's kinda freaky, really.

Vanadium

First Persona game. The stress is real.

I feel like I'm taking too long with the first dungeon. I'm scared that it will come to back to bite me in terms of Confidant building and whatnot.

Having an absolute blast though, so that's something!

Keep a stack of save files, but just barrel through. Second play through will be the time to plot better. The first run is always about the ride. But yeah, keep a stack of save files.

Aeana

It's weird how the game has so many forced tutorials, but one that's actually important (the way types of negotiation tactics are interpreted by the different demon personality types) is buried in the tutorial menu. I'm glad they brought that system back from Persona 1. The predictability takes the sting out of having to actually knock down all of the demons before even being able to attempt negotiation.

TheFatMan

Keep a stack of save files, but just barrel through. Second play through will be the time to plot better. The first run is always about the ride. But yeah, keep a stack of save files.

I plan on just playing at my pace and doing what I want to do the first play through. This seems like one of those games you can turn into a fucking job by trying to min-max everything with a guide and shit.

If I'm gonna spend 100 hours playing a game, I'm gonna want to do it having fun haha.

It's weird how the game has so many forced tutorials, but one that's actually important (the way types of negotiation tactics are interpreted by the different demon personality types) is buried in the tutorial menu. I'm glad they brought that system back from Persona 1. The predictability takes the sting out of having to actually knock down all of the demons before even being able to attempt negotiation.
Should probably look at that lol. I'm always trying to think in the sense of what the opening line was, but it's not always so clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom