• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Should probably look at that lol. I'm always trying to think in the sense of what the opening line was, but it's not always so clear

I've got a 100% success rate ever since I noticed that tutorial.

C8sFhheVoAAZ1Ee.jpg
C8sFhhcV0AEThK-.jpg

I'm going to call it quits tonight. I have to wake up early and finish a paper lol. Going through the first palace and at this moment I'm simply thinking about my bonds and what I should focus on training. This will be an amazing playthrough. As a person who didn't really play turn based games, I'm completely enamored with Persona right now. Wow. I hope it captured people like me who were unsure of turn based games.

YaBish

This game has it's claws in me something fierce. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the combat as much as I have. Finished the first palace today, I'm 9 hours in and don't want to put the controller down.

If it wasn't getting near the end of the semester, I might've pulled a sick day tomorrow lol

Game is addicting, omg. So so so good.

I didn't think I'd become this attached this fast. I saved my game and realized it'd been two hours since I had last even saved.

Not that far in in the grand avenge of things, how I adjust to the ui. It went from awesome and stylish to annoying and cluttered pretty fast in my mind.

Mothman91

Question about fusions....

Igor making me make a fusion but I can't fuse anything besides using my main persona (Arsene).......is it really gonna fuse and I'm already going to lose my start persona..................................wtf.

It's my only move I can make...and I am not high enough to make anything that can avoid fusing Arsene with something else.

ramyeon

Igor making me make a fusion but I can't fuse anything besides using my main persona (Arsene).......is it really gonna fuse and I'm already going to lose my start persona..................................wtf.

It's my only move I can make...and I am not high enough to make anything that can avoid fusing Arsene with something else.
So many people attached to Arsene. Don't get attached to Personas. Fusing them is the best way to get more powerful.

suracity

It's okay just do it. You can always get him back through summoning.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Don't worry about it and don't get attached to any particular one.

Xeteh

Its not a problem at all. If you care that much about it you can resummon it from the compendium afterwards but even then you're almost immediately outgrowing that persona.

Is there some BS like in P4G where you absolutely must max a particular arcana otherwise you lose access to a fair amount of content?

And hell yeah the personality tutorial helped me heaps. I don't think I failed one ever since someone pointed out the personality was listed.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Okay... who else got their shit handed to them when they encountered that one strong enemy shortly after the mini-boss in the first dungeon? That thing killed me immediately and now I have to do the whole mini-boss again.

Are the locked chests in the first dungeon worth a days progress? I cleared up to the treasure in one day but didn't have any lockpicks for two of them.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I can't believe it... I'm actually looking forward to the every day down time moments. I'm actually enjoying this aspect of the game - I was pretty much convinced that I wouldn't. Yet here I am, bro'n out.

Rainy

Banned
I was struggling with some of the later enemies in first dungeon until
I realized I needed a persona with ice, now a lot of the horseback guys are going down easy :p

Kalentan

So question about the 2nd Palace... Just over the half way point, I think.

I'm in the Treasure Hall Lounge I have no idea where to go in the room with all of the laser fences. I see a vent up above but can't get to it. There were other vents in the area but none are accessible for some odd reason...

Are the locked chests in the first dungeon worth a days progress? I cleared up to the treasure in one day but didn't have any lockpicks for two of them.

Pretty sure one had a weapon for Mona that was better than anything from the shop.

The other was a Snuff Soul plus another consumable.

Lingitiz

As much as I'm enjoying the dungeons, the controls and stealth cover are really really clunky. It doesn't quite have the responsiveness you want.

Also, I just stumbled into a room and got one shotted out of nowhere, losing 30 minutes. Classic Persona.

Zesh

I'm at the very beginning of the game, playing on Hard. What should I be focusing on when holding up enemies? I've mainly been trying to get new Personas so far.

FluxWaveZ

As much as I'm enjoying the dungeons, the controls and stealth cover are really really clunky. It doesn't quite have the responsiveness you want.

I think the stealth controls and camera during stealth are the worst parts of the game (though I find them tolerable). If you could actually fully rotate the camera when in stealth, and if where you could move to was less finnicky, it'd be a lot better.

wtf is with all the people not saving all the time. It is discernibly easier in P5 to just save constantly. what the hell are you doing that you're losing hours of progress?

Kalentan

I know it's been a staple of the series since forever but I really wish the MC dying didn't give you a game over... It's not so bad with boss battles (which is what just happened), but it sucks that they get a crit on the Protagonist and then go again and then just kill them.

Xeteh

So far my experience trying to get money from negotiations works best on demons I've previously captured but no longer have. They ask why we aren't together anymore and I do my best Adam Jensen impression and say "I didn't ask for this." in reply. They all sweat and say "I guess not" and give me yen before retreating.

Emarv

I know it's been a staple of the series since forever but I really wish the MC dying didn't give you a game over... It's not so bad with boss battles (which is what just happened), but it sucks that they get a crit on the Protagonist and then go again and then just kill them.
Yup. This needs to go. A bad roll and there goes progress. Feels unnecessarily cheap.

FluxWaveZ

Man, the game keeps forcing story stuff on my Saturdays. Rip maid time.

There was a point where I rented a DVD and I realized I needed to return it the previous day to prevent it from being late. Story scenes ensured that I literally wasn't able to return it for a period of 7-10 days past its due date.

Renting DVD mechanic spoiler:
Thankfully, they waive your late fees the first time you miss the due date to return a DVD.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does it matter what dialogue choices I pick? Like does it affect social links and such and what the other party members say back?

I.e. "You jelly?" Lol

Yeah, for me it's Sundays. I really want to get that juice but I haven't had a free Sunday since I learned about it. I'm assuming there's going to be some serious ebb and flow though and at some point there will be a ton of extra time, similar to P4G

ymgve

Listen game, just because I've got mid-terms doesn't mean I'm not responsible. This DVD is overdue!

That annoyed me too. Seems like the only "safe" time to watch DVDs is the days after you've completed a dungeon but before the deadline for it arrives. Thankfully they waived my first overdue fee.

Kalentan

That's my biggest complaint thus far in an otherwise fantastic game. Too many moments where it's like: "Nah, just go to bed."

Like I recall how there is a conversation after the first place that requires your Guts to be higher but I'm just confused as to how someone could have gotten their guts that high before that point. I mean I understand in NG+ that's not a big deal but still...

Xeteh

Does it matter what dialogue choices I pick? Like does it affect social links and such and what the other party members say back?

I.e. "You jelly?" Lol

Responses during events where you're hanging out with specific characters can impact how much your link increases. It can happen outside of those too but its not as common.

Aeana

I.e. "You jelly?" Lol

Your choices during social link conversations matter. Choices outside in the regular gameplay flow don't seem to have a major impact, outside of the obvious like questions in class.

I.e. "You jelly?" Lol

AFAIK, it only matters when you're in a "date" with a confidant, where it will determine the amount of points you get with them. If you google "persona 5 confidant guide" you shouldbe able to find something easily that only has the conversation guides, that's what i've been doing.

ymgve

So question about the 2nd Palace... Just over the half way point, I think.

I'm in the Treasure Hall Lounge I have no idea where to go in the room with all of the laser fences. I see a vent up above but can't get to it. There were other vents in the area but none are accessible for some odd reason...

Interact with the huge painting to the right. Yes, it's stupid that it doesn't light up in L1 mode.

ramyeon

That's my biggest complaint thus far in an otherwise fantastic game. Too many moments where it's like: "Nah, just go to bed."

Like I recall how there is a conversation after the first place that requires your Guts to be higher but I'm just confused as to how someone could have gotten their guts that high before that point. I mean I understand in NG+ that's not a big deal but still...
How high? I've got everything at least level 2 except knowledge and I'm just past the first palace.

Xeteh

How high? I've got everything at least level 2 except knowledge and I'm just past the first palace.

There's one you get around then (I can't remember when you can first do it) that requires what appears to be Guts 4. I've got 3 now (after the 2nd palace) and I still can't talk to him.

So going from the rest area in one block of Momento to the rest area in the next I made ~60k Yen. Granted some of it was from quests in there most of it was holding up demons for their cashmoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom