• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

There's one you get around then (I can't remember when you can first do it) that requires what appears to be Guts 4. I've got 3 now (after the 2nd palace) and I still can't talk to him.
Ah that's pretty high but it's not abnormal in a Persona game for those NPCs to show up before you're expected to actually be able to fulfill conditions to talk to them. It's a way of telling you to raise those attributes.

Yesterday was an awesome first experience with the Persona series. But today, man, seven hours in and it's still just mechanic after mechanic after mechanic. I'm completely overwhelmed.

And it finally kind of set me free and it's just not fun to walk around and listen to conversations, find people, and just navigate in general because precise movements just don't work.

I like the combat a lot but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong when I'm not thinking of or using the last 15 mechanics introduced to me. Like why should I ambush someone for 6exp and little money when I can get ambushed and it triples everything? I've found the weakness for lots of things, but those weaknesses are OHKO so I can't steal them anymore.

I know it's a negative post but this game seriously has so much going for it that I absolutely love. I just hope it didn't jump the shark with depth for this particular newbie.

Kalentan

How high? I've got everything at least level 2 except knowledge and I'm just past the first palace.

Can't remember. It was in the
hotel
at the end of the break after palace 1.

It was in a cutscene so the only way to replay it is to obviously play NG+.

ramyeon

Yesterday was an awesome first experience with the Persona series. But today, man, seven hours in and it's still just mechanic after mechanic after mechanic. I'm completely overwhelmed.

And it finally kind of set me free and it's just not fun to walk around and listen to conversations, find people, and just navigate in general because precise movements just don't work.

I like the combat a lot but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong when I'm not thinking of or using the last 15 mechanics introduced to me. Like why should I ambush someone for 6exp and little money when I can get ambushed and it triples everything? I've found the weakness for lots of things, but those weaknesses are OHKO so I can't steal them anymore.

I know it's a negative post but this game seriously has so much going for it that I absolutely love. I just hope it didn't jump the shark with depth for this particular newbie.
Since when does ambush decide battle rewards? As far as I know it only decides what side goes first in battle.

Renmyra

Can't remember. It was in the
hotel
at the end of the break after palace 1.

It was in a cutscene so the only way to replay it is to obviously play NG+.

There's another one in the
weapon shop
that requires Dauntless. I don't remember how early it is.

Opa-Pa

I've got a 100% success rate ever since I noticed that tutorial.

God, I feel silly that I didn't associate the personalities with P1 negotiations, I just followed this and successfully 3 new personas.

I mean, after bringing back guns and the long list of forgotten elements from P1, it only makes sense that negotiations work the same way. I love this.

ymgve

Ambush seems a bit weird if you don't manage to knock down a single enemy quickly. It goes something like this:

Each person in your party get one move
Enemy gets one move
ONE PERSON in your party gets a move
Enemy gets a move AGAIN

I've got a 100% success rate ever since I noticed that tutorial.

Sweet, had no idea that was in-game. I was just using logic to determine what the best answer would be. Gloomy shadows were giving me the most problem - now I know what to say.

L2 + analyze. Though I think it's displayed when you're choosing which demon to talk to as well.
Yeah it's right above the demon's name when you hold them up.

Anyone else having trouble with an obnoxiously loud PS4 fan while playing this game? It sounds like a jet engine as soon as I put the disc in the console. I don't have this problem with any of my other PS4 games.

Mothman91

Can anyone tell me what each stat does? Can't even find it, just want to make sure I understand each one.

Talking about strenght agility etc.

Xeteh

Anyone else having trouble with an obnoxiously loud PS4 fan while playing this game? It sounds like a jet engine as soon as I put the disc in the console. I don't have this problem with any of my other PS4 games.

Mine's extremely quiet compared to FFXV and Horizon.

Yeah, same as Renmyra. I was telling a friend how quiet my PS4 has been running this game. The last several games I've played on it have caused the fan to overdrive but its been quiet with P5.

Caim

Can anyone tell me what each stat does? Can't even find it, just want to make sure I understand each one.

Talking about strenght agility etc.

Strength - Indicates the effectiveness of persona's physical attacks.
Magic - Indicates the effectiveness of the persona's magic skills.
Endurance - Indicates the effectiveness of the persona's defensive abilities.
Agility - Affects a persona's hit and evasion rates.
Luck - Affects the possibillity of the persona performing critical hits and evading attacks.

Peterthumpa

I'm starting to think that the hype got me with this one. I just
left the school palace after my buddy memorizes everyone's faces
and this game has been extremely linear, and not giving me options, like - at all. I can't even
go down and explore the cafe, I must sleep exactly when the game tells me to
, besides moving my character being extremely awkward, almost amateurish given the animation, anyway.

Here's hoping this gets better.

ramyeon

and this game has been extremely linear, and not giving me options, like - at all. I can't even
, besides moving my character being extremely awkward, almost amateurish given the animation, anyway.

You're not even out of the tutorial part of the game. Persona games always have slow burn starts.

Spent another 5 hours with this tonight - progressed to 4/23 and am on my third trip into the dungeon: aiming to get to the Treasure this time, hopefully. It's super fun getting back into the habit of negotiating the Conifdants and managing free time. Also I like all the little mechanics that add more things to do in the actual dungeon besides just exploring and attacking.

Unless it's a complete coincidence,

I get attacked:
"SURROUNDED" 3 enemies, triple rewards

I ambush:
1 enemy, easy kill, crap exp and money.

I've ambushed enemies and gotten groups of 4. Once you start getting into the harder enemies, it'll be very important to get those Ambushes.

You unfortunately have a little bit more to go with that, maybe like an hour, but stick with it and eventually you might even be overwhelmed with options.

Opa-Pa

It does get better, it's just that the tutorial section of the game is pretty long. The game will start to open up by the time you have a full party of 4 playable characters.

Hell, it gives you so much freedom later that you might feel overwhelmed, haha.

Kalentan

There's another one in the
weapon shop
that requires Dauntless. I don't remember how early it is.

That one isn't really bad because it's clearly shown to be something you're supposed to do much later on. Whereas the cutscene one just happens. Maybe that's the point? That you aren't supposed to have the guts by that point? No idea, but that might be it.

Rozart

The red enemies are surprisingly manageable. Although, I may have just been lucky 'cause I always just happen to have a spell that they're weak to equipped to one of my personas.

Mine's extremely quiet compared to FFXV and Horizon.

Yeah, same as Renmyra. I was telling a friend how quiet my PS4 has been running this game. The last several games I've played on it have caused the fan to overdrive but its been quiet with P5.

Huh, I just recently played through Horizon and my PS4 didn't make too much noise. It's better now, I guess I just needed to give it time to warm up lol

ramyeon

That one isn't really bad because it's clearly shown to be something you're supposed to do much later on. Whereas the cutscene one just happens. Maybe that's the point? That you aren't supposed to have the guts by that point? No idea, but that might be it.
Sounds like an Easter egg type thing for people going through on NG+

ymgve

That Guts check is really annoying
because it happens EVERY TIME I visit the gun shop. No I don't want to be reminded about my low guts, I just want to trade some stuff!

ramyeon

So question
Books you take out in the library, can you read them only on the train? no where else?
You can read at the bar in Leblanc too. If there are customers there then you need to talk to them to get them to leave first (Sometimes more than once).

Somehow did the first dungeon in one day

Had to abuse ambush and escape to cheese the last area cause I was out of sp and health items

Sure hope there's a Fox equivalent available soon or wish I knew a Persona with Invigorate like Sarasvati in Persona 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom