• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
A main character's gender is a spoiler now?

Yes because Morgana is a female name so most people thought he was a female cat. So revealing this is kind of a spoiler imo.

I don't know if you're serious? Morgana being a male cat isn't some ingame revelation or something. It's just me that thought he was female by going of the trailers...

Well it was definitely not just you since again Morgana is a female name.

It's not a big deal man don't worry about it still would have loved to discover this in-game.

Majora

Got my copy from The Game Collection today. Never played a Persona game before but I'm excited to give it a shot and see if it lives up to the hype.

Zafir

I don't know if you're serious? Morgana being a male cat isn't some ingame revelation or something. It's just me that thought he was female by going of the trailers...

Not just you to be fair. I thought it was a she up until I played the game and met him. :p

Blame the name, and the fact the voice isn't exactly that masculine.
Yes because Morgana is a female name so most people thought he was a female cat. So revealing this is kind of a spoiler imo.

Well it was definitely not just you since again Morgana is a female name.

It's not a big deal man don't worry about it still would have loved to discover this in-game.
I don't really see how it's a spoiler... It's not exactly a shock twist or anything. It just is what it is.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
As somebody who has a hard time getting into turn based battle systems would this game be for me? Literally every other aspect of it is appealing to me (story, character, concept, art style, music, social sim). The only turn based game I have ever successfully completed was south park tsot and I didn't mind the combat there.

I think I'm going to give it a go. Im a person who cares more about story that gameplay in certian games and I feel like I will enjoy the combat enough if an enticing narrative is present, and that torally seems to be the case with p5.

SAFE mode

Turn on AI for all party members

enjoy your adventure game like me

Just got my Take Your Heart edition today and have been playing for like an hour.

My god the game took no time to get real. It just throws you right in the mixer at 100mph and I'm loving every bit of it. Very different from the slower paced start of P4. Not to mention, this may be the most artistic game I've every played. It is a treat for the eyes.

Hooks

Picked up a ps4 today, really excited for this I loved p4. Got zero down horizon and bloodborne to tie me over till next week

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wow spoiler already

you guys are the worst

i forgot why i dont post in these things and just enjoy games

Rozart

Yesssss, just got a message from my local game store that my copy of P5 is ready for collection! Will be picking the game up tomorrow morning!

I'm so excited!

Facism

At this point I'm just happy it's coming. The wondering when something is going to dispatch part is the worst.

Yup. Was wondering if it was going to be a Monday shipping situation, these lads say they don't usually work Saturdays. I'f we're lucky, Monday night should be a lock for some P5 action.

SaiyanRaoh

Yeah......I think the victory theme and "victory lap" result scren are the coolest things I've seen in a JRPG. Ever. It's official.

I got a pre-order code from GameMania for an Ann theme and Futaba theme + their avatar sets but it doesn't work yet when I enter it on the store. I see that the Ann theme releases next week but the Futaba theme doesn't get added to the the store until later. Would it be best to wait until both themes are actually on the store before entering the code? I don't want to risk entering it next week and only receiving the Ann theme. I usually don't pre-order so I don't know how these codes are usually handled if you receive them early.

Slaythe

Can't believe they shipped my game that early, gonna be one hell of a week end !!

Diving in.

C8UxbYPXoAApQeW.jpg

ubiblu

What a cringeworthy thing to say. Better turn away now in-case you find out what city the game takes place in.

The way the game handle this make the morgana's gender a minor spoiler

I know where you are coming from having completed the game myself, but there is no intrigue linked to Morgana's gender as far as the story is concerned.

Eliciel

so unfortunate for me that I don't like the graphical design of the game...It actually seems to be an amazing game overall..

RPGCrazied

I know I'm part of the problem, but I really want the P3 and P4 costumes. Ugh, $14 just for that. P3 and P4 are my favorite Persona games, so I need those costumes. The only ones I'm buying though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I know I'm part of the problem, but I really want the P3 and P4 costumes. Ugh, $14 just for that. P3 and P4 are my favorite Persona games, so I need those costumes. The only ones I'm buying though.
But how can you possibly decide which to wear? Better off not having to make that decision.

RPGCrazied

But how can you possibly decide which to wear? Better off not having to make that decision.

Lol, plus I noticed they aren't even coming out until after the release day of the game. I'll probably be done with the game when the costumes actually come out.

They really should have made them available day 1.

N30RYU

Can you decide them individually??? Make some wear P3 outfits an anothers P4??? Also can you get to choose if you wanna change also the battle theme or leave it by default?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Can you decide them individually??? Make some wear P3 outfits an anothers P4??? Also can you get to choose if you wanna change also the battle theme or leave it by default?

Yes, you can equip each party member with different outfits. The protagonist's outfit is what determines the battle theme, you can't choose whether or not it does change it.

OrionX

So I'm curious. No spoilers, but does
Goro
not get dlc costumes like the rest of the party members?

N30RYU

Yes, you can equip each party member with different outfits. The protagonist's outfit is what determines the battle theme, you can't choose whether or not it does change it.
Thx

I'm gonna bite for the Catherine ones.

Also the outfits I asume that are only for when you are in "the other side", right? Or you can wear then also in the school?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Do the characters have any other outfits besides the default ones you can change into or is the DLC it?

All outfits are DLC, there are a few free ones though. The free "Regular Clothes & School Uniforms Set" has four outfits for each character.

So I'm curious. No spoilers, but does
Goro
not get dlc costumes like the rest of the party members?

Everyone gets costumes, including them.

Also the outfits I asume that are only for when you are in "the other side", right? Or you can wear then also in the school?

Just for the other world.

GHound

People getting early copies, meanwhile Amazon's "guaranteed release date shipping" be like
7QLz1b8.png

Oh but that's okay because I can just order it again for release date shipping and lose the credit that will have expired by now on my account.
43jUy6J.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom