• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Oh wow, I didn't realize that when you fuse personas to get a new one with a bunch of extra skills, they get registered with those skills. I thought summoning them back would always give you a version with just the base skills or something.

Man I feel like grinding for more money lol, I kinda want to just summon and fuse and summon and fuse and summon and fuse and and...

Going through the fist dungeon now and it is a lot longer than I expected. I thought I could go through it in just one day but it looks like I won't be able to.
I still have 14 days left so I'll be alright

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Do I lose any days if I beat the dungeon right away? Should I just rush it in the first few days or push it to the end of the block?

dawgparty

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times in this thread but do we have any sort of resource that has general info compiled? I am trying to figure out what the EXP/money/etc. penalty is for negotiations. I have been choosing "give me money" for a while and am not sure if its even worth it because you don't get the normal post-battle money rewards.

Do I lose any days if I beat the dungeon right away? Should I just rush it in the first few days or push it to the end of the block?

You can do it as early as you want.

Edit: To clarify the game has events happening on set days, so even if you beat the dungeon weeks in advance time will still pass as always and allow you to do whatever you want.

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times in this thread but do we have any sort of resource that has general info compiled? I am trying to figure out what the EXP/money/etc. penalty is for negotiations. I have been choosing "give me money" for a while and am not sure if its even worth it because you don't get the normal post-battle money rewards.

I think the amount of money you're given in negotiation has a pretty large range of variables. In the first dungeon I negotiated with a shadow and got an amount under 200 yen, next fight did it again with the same shadow and got 450 yen. I think it's worth it mostly if you kill all but one enemy. But I don't have any good sources with more information on that, sorry.

aravuus

If I manage to fuse a persona I haven't fought before and I run into one in a dungeon, does it automatically display all of its strengths and weaknesses?

Would be a good reason to fuse around even if you didn't end up using the resulting personas.

Can someone clarify where my social status levels should be around dungeon 3. Didn't focus on that much and feel I might be underdeveloped in that area.

dawgparty

One more thing - if I acquire a persona but don't have room for it and delete it immediately, does it get added to the compendium anyway?

Weebos

Banned
I looked into the available dating options and was surprised to see that this game lets you date
a lot of adults

Jintor

Oh... I guess there's school on sundays if you make it so. lmao.

Kamoshida's treasure has to be stolen on a school day, even if you time it to sunday. lmao

TankRizzo

Banned
6 hrs in and still haven't faced the first dungeon boss. I thought that the length was exaggerated but I was wrong. Damn, the game and story is so good.

MSMrRound

It's not really worth choosing the "give me money" option unless you have [co-op spoilers]
at least rank 2 with the Sun confidant which boost the amount of money that demons give you via negotiation

Heck, you might even want to try using skills with Confusion status e.g some of the melee attacks. Confused enemies might even give you a pretty decent amount of money per turn.

So, who here did the first dungeon in one go without preparing in any way? I'm really close to the boss but I have no SP and no items left, lol. I blame my bad habits from P3 and P4. I'll give myself two or three tries at the boss and if I actually am too weak I'll come back another day. Just trying to be efficient!

So, who here did the first dungeon in one go without preparing in any way? I'm really close to the boss but I have no SP and no items left, lol. I blame my bad habits from P3 and P4. I'll give myself two or three tries at the boss and if I actually am too weak I'll come back another day. Just trying to be efficient!

It's not actually possible to do it in one day. Ya gotta case the joint, being thieves and all.

Opa-Pa

Just got Ann to join the party, does the game get any harder, because that mini boss was a cake walk on hard?

It does get harder, but not much, at least as far as the first dungeon is concerned. And even when it does, it's more of a "give the enemy turns and you're dead" kind of thing, so as long as you're diligent or get ambushed, you won't notice it. There's another mini boss that's kinda hard tho.

I'm debating whether I should remain on Hard myself... It's not dramatically harder, but I just realized you get less exp and money and it sucks... I had been wondering how people finished the first dungeon being level 11+ while I was 9 lol.

aravuus

Oh fuck me, fused a Matador with mabufu, not one with magaru lol. This damn spell names. Oh well, he's by far the strongest persona I've had yet, with a pretty nice variety of skills.

So, who did the first dungeon in one go without preparing in any way? I'm really close to the boss but I have no SP and no items left, lol. I blame my bad habits from P3 and P4. I'll give myself two or three tries at the boss and if I actually am too weak I'll come back another day. Just trying to be efficient!

Something you may want to be aware of... (End of First Dungeon spoiler!!)
You don't actually fight the boss the first time you go in so don't worry about your SP as long as you make it to the end.

Also I did make it in one go, got my party low with everything and used the Soma you get free via the DLC. Only way I was able to make it through the whole place in one run.

Neoweee

I was 11 on hard. Beat him the first try. Debuffs are good on him especially the attack down one

I'm there at only level 7 because of Merciless... I at least need Media, and probably Tarunda (
Ann at 10
).

Merciless is such a weird beast. I've found something that completely and utterly breaks "hard" minibosses and regular fights, but it doesn't work on bosses due to their resistances.

How does EXP gain in the game work? Do you get a penalty for being a higher level than enemies, or a bonus for being below an enemy? All it shows you is a single value for your entire team, but previous Persona games aggressively curved the experience gain.

LiK

It does get harder, but not much, at least as far as the first dungeon is concerned. And even when it does, it's more of a "give the enemy turns and you're dead" kind of thing, so as long as you're diligent or get ambushed, you won't notice it. There's another mini boss that's kinda hard tho.

I'm debating whether I should remain on Hard myself... It's not dramatically harder, but I just realized you get less exp and money and it sucks... I had been wondering how people finished the first dungeon being level 11+ while I was 9 lol.

Persona games always get way harder as you progress unless you're well prepared or are overleveled from my experience. I got to level 10 pretty easily by the end of the first dungeon cuz I just fought every enemy on the way especially when I was backtracking for the locked chests I missed.

ramyeon

Feeling legit OP in the second Palace on normal.

Levelled up Death arcana to rank 7 and then bought 2 Invigorate 3 SP recovery accessories. Recovering 7 SP per turn on Hero and Morgana has made it so easy. I struggled to get through the first palace in 1 day due to SP but it wasn't an issue at all this time.

Pastry

Banned
Impulse bought this digitally last night, this is my first Persona. Seems like it starts pretty slowly?

I just
talked to the teacher in he faculty lounge on my first day at school.

Any tips?

JJShadow

Regarding money and EXP you get based on how you end a battle, I have noticed that if you're fighting multiple enemies, the best option is to kill all of them except one, knock that one down and ask for money. That way you get the money + Exp from the ones you have killed + a nice amount of money from the last one

(5/7) is the
"cats turning into busses"
thing a reference​ to
Totoro

Yes

LiK

Impulse bought this digitally last night, this is my first Persona. Seems like it starts pretty slowly?

I just

Any tips?

I dunno, read the tips and tutorial boxes as they show up. They basically teach you all the mechanics.

aravuus

Levelled up Death arcana to rank 7 and then bought 2 Invigorate 3 SP recovery accessories. Recovering 7 SP per turn on Hero and Morgana has made it so easy. I struggled to get through the first palace in 1 day due to SP but it wasn't an issue at all this time.

Same here, except I've got three of those.

It's hilarious, I can spam whatever I want in every encounter.

e: yooo, found an armor from a locked chest that almost tripled MC's defense. I gotta craft more lockpicks, damn!

Prepare to get your ass kicked.

Haven't bothered shopping for accessories and didn't even know those items were available. I presume they from the main trader. Still having issues with social ranks. Got 2s and 3s and think I ought to have a 4 by now. In June at the moment.

pbayne

Beat second palace,

Funny event on 5/23. Not really a spoiler but just in case.

You can see Makoto walking around the hallways with a big manga book. She looks really odd and it seems kind of out of character for what ive seen of her so far but i still got a laugh out of it.

JJShadow

I just

Any tips?

Be patient lol You start to have a certain degree of liberty and free-roaming after 5-6 hours in. Some beginners tips I posted a few pages back:

- Press square to auto-heal in a dungeon
- Normal difficulty provides a fair amount of challenge, you have to play smart if don't want to get wiped by "easy" mobs
- The game is completely on rails during the first 5-6 hours, then you are free to roam
- SP is the main limitation during the first dungeon, so try not to abuse SP-dependent skills (normal melee attacks deal a nice amount of damage)
- Extorting enemies for money or items is the fastest way to finish battles against tough enemies (you won't earn much experience though)
- Focus on getting one Persona of each element early on
- You can safely sell all the items marked as "treasure" for tons of money
- Use guns against flying enemies

I'm only in the first palace but I noticed, give me money ranging from 500 to 1200 yen. That's more than most of the battles i had.

Something you may want to be aware of... (End of First Dungeon spoiler!!)
You don't actually fight the boss the first time you go in so don't worry about your SP as long as you make it to the end.

Also I did make it in one go, got my party low with everything and used the Soma you get free via the DLC. Only way I was able to make it through the whole place in one run.

You have to go back to the real world once you reach the end, then go back in again. It doesn't communicate this wrinkle super well at the outset.

I see. Well, that's probably a good thing since I'm almost completely out of resources!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Haven't got my 5th Party Member yet, but how does this game handle standby party members? Any leaked EXP. system, or will they fall behind if you don't use them? That bothers me far more than not maxing out confidants lol.

pbayne

Haven't got my 5th Party Member yet, but how does this game handle standby party members? Any leaked EXP. system, or will they fall behind if you don't use them? That bothers me far more than not maxing out confidants lol.

one of the confidants gives you an exp share ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom