• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mill0

Neo Member
Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow/Saturday at most. I'm so happy I've got my schedule free to enjoy this weekend.

Quick question, does the easy difficulty alter the story or reaching true endings?

LiK

Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow/Saturday at most. I'm so happy I've got my schedule free to enjoy this weekend.

Quick question, does the easy difficulty alter the story or reaching true endings?

Difficulty doesn't affect the story whatsoever just like with the previous games.

silva1991

Sucks that social links aren't easier to level up in this game.

I HATE the "soon" bs.

It can be a waste of time sometimes when I could have done other activities.

QuadOpto

Pretty sure you need to visit the Velvet Room with the new Persona with you to have it be registered there permanently. So you'd want to delete weaker Personas that are already in the compendium first.

Additional Note: You just have to actually accept the Persona into your stock for it to be written into the compendium, so if you're full simply replace a Persona you can easily regain from the compendium and then use that slot to collect Personas in Palaces.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Speaking of names, what'd you guys go with? The fiancé and I are playing together, so we named our character together. She picked the given name of Mamoru, as a reference to Sailor Moon, and I picked Miyamoto as the surname, as a nod to the man himself, and because "Mamoru Miyamoto" felt like an authentic-enough name that rolls off the tongue nicely.

Makoto Fukami. I watch a lot of Kamen Rider so when I play Japanese games I tend to pick a name from it---Makoto Fukami was Kamen Rider Spectre from the last series, Kamen Rider Ghost, and it seemed to fit.

Speaking of which, Kamen Rider Ghost introduced me to a real life Japanese revolutionary named Ryoma Sakamoto, and I wonder if Ryuji Sakamoto is supposed to reference him with the similar name? You know, the game is all about a youth revolution, so naming the characters after real-life revolutionaries makes sense.

one of the confidants gives you an exp share ability.

Oooooh. So need to get that one.

Don't tell me who it is, but can you tell me where I'll find them? Is it a mandatory character?

Zakalwe

Banned
Skipped half a day of work (self employed so I can!).

Not to sit in the sun, or hang out with friends.... but to play Persona 5.

This game.

Is it worth starting the game again to better spend my time on stats or should I just forge ahead to new game plus. Was told I need charm level 5 for a character
makoto
and I'm only at 2 with June finishing up.

Raxious

regarding first palace:
Thought I could do it in 1 day, forgot to get more SP items. Currently in the last tower for the treasure, and I need to get some kind of key to access the bridge...can't take down any of the mobs lol.

Guess i'll pick a save file where I haven't entered the palace yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
Really, I've been using an online guide, lol. I hate getting questions wrong.
Yeh, so far the right answers have been super majority.

Makes the quiz a bit pointless, but we're probably all using guides for a lot of the answers anyway...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Was able to put a few hours into this game last night, and man, is it great. Is the game better on hard vs normal?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does playing on easy mode increase exp earned?

It only reduced damage dealt iirc.

Safe is the one which gives you a lot more EXP. and a ton more $, but be warned there's no going back---I found it a bit too easy for my taste and reset my save and went back to Normal.

aravuus

I see.

Btw I find it creepy that you as a high schooler can hit on older women like that doctor or especially a teacher. Considering when the sexes are reversed and it's a male teacher hitting on female student it's creepy even within the context of this game. But if it's a young dude doing it then it's all fine and dandy.

I don't see how a 16-year old hitting on a, I dunno, 25? year old is comparable to a probably 30+ teacher
sexually abusing his underage students.
Whatever you think of young dudes hitting on older women - I certainly don't find it creepy in itself - the latter definitely is creepier than the former.

arimanius

I still don't know what voices to use. I played the beginning part of the game for an hour using both English and JP to see the differences and if I would be missing anything major from the JP. Still can't decide :|

LiK

I still don't know what voices to use. I played the beginning part of the game for an hour using both English and JP to see the differences and if I would be missing anything major from the JP. Still can't decide :|

English dub is great and besides, there are lots of ambient voices in crowds etc that aren't subbed so it's good to play in English for the first run, imo.

I did that in P4G, but my last name is one character too long for these games. It low-key annoyed me seeing it cut-off in conversation constantly, haha.

My last name is Chan and it always made me laugh when one of the teachers called me Chan-chan.

Tiops

Reached 04/19, still at the start but alread game of the generation to me. Sorry Bloodborne.

Spoilers 04/15:
Holy shit this gets dark. Kamoshida actually raped Shiho and caused her suicide attempt. I thought it was "just" due to the physical punishment in training.

Also, due to my completionist style I'm playing while creating a spreadsheet with the game calendar to try to organize my schedule as best as I can. I know I won't be able to max everything in my first playthrough (I think it's possible as it was possible on P3 and P4, but I won't be able to create a perfect schedule by myself anyway), but I want to get as close as possible to it.

I found a spoiler free list of the dates where de Confidants become available and what social stats I need for the ranks, so I'm trying to do some management for this. The worst one appears to be
Hanged Man, needing 4 in Guts to start and being available as soon as 05/06
. But I'll try anyway.

Jb

The 3rd palaces' music is so fucking good. God damn Meguro.

On an unrelated note can anyone confirm that there isn't a fusion search like in SMT4 and Apocalypse where you can search for specific personas and include those in your compendium?

TrueBlue

This might sound dumb, but how do we watch the DVDs we rent?

Also I missed a chance to hang out with a Confidant due to not having the necessary social stat. Are these misses permanent? I only ask because now I have the necessary stat built up.

LiK

Stop getting me hyped for the music in later areas.

I got the JP LE and it has the full OST. Can't wait to open that and rip it to my iPhone when I finish the game lol.

Khoryos

What happens if you don't clear it by the deadline, are you just forced into it on the last day and must complete it?

This might sound dumb, but how do we watch the DVDs we rent?

Also I missed a chance to hang out with a Confidant due to not having the necessary social stat. Are these misses permanent? I only ask because now I have the necessary stat built up.

Have you bought the TV yet?
It's available from the recycling icon in Yongen-Jaya.

jrush64

Banned
It only reduced damage dealt iirc.

Safe is the one which gives you a lot more EXP. and a ton more $, but be warned there's no going back---I found it a bit too easy for my taste and reset my save and went back to Normal.

That's some serious bull. I can't play on safe cus it seems too easy. Might change to easy though but I want a challenge. I just dont like grinding.

Arrrgh. I wish rpg's will let me buy double or triple exp items. I will gladly pay for that dlc. Tales of allows double exp and that's great. Thanks.

Dantis

Stop getting me hyped for the music in later areas.

I got the JP LE and it has the full OST. Can't wait to open that and rip it to my iPhone when I finish the game lol.

The Japanese one does not have the full OST. It has the same OST as the Western version, alongside 'Best of' CDs for P1 - 4 (plus a new bonus track for each).

LiK

The Japanese one does not have the full OST. It has the same OST as the Western version, alongside 'Best of' CDs for P1 - 4 (plus a new bonus track for each).

Dammit, guess I misread the descriptions. Looks like i'll need to import.

kewlmyc

The hell? When I try to load a save, I get the following message:

"Selected data contains downloadable content that you do not have ownership rights to, so the game cannot be resumed.

Returning to title screen."

All I did was pick a wrong answer, then closed the application and reopened it. I can't access any saves anymore without getting this message...

EDIT: Rebooting the PS4 fixed the issue. What a weird issue.

Mendrox

So my first time using remote play, I'm at my parents house over an hour away and the game plays perfectly on vita. Wonder how well it'll did when I go cross country in 2 weeks...

Will work like a charm when you don't have a potatoe as a connection. I've played my PS4 (which was in Germany) in Thailand without problems.

Dantis

Dammit, guess I misread the descriptions. Looks like i'll need to import.

Yah, it's kind of a rip. It's basically disc 1 of the real OST minus the boss theme, so a huge amount of it is just the music that plays in the anime scenes at the start. Which isn't great music to listen to.

The removal of the boss theme makes it feel like they were quite aware that they weren't providing the best possible value, too.

Linkura

When do they start giving the enemies their actual names?

Pretty sure you gotta get their mask.

Named my character after my husband's middle name + his mother's maiden name... both Japanese. Of course, the first name is also the first name of one of the other characters in the game.... but they allowed it.

LiK

Yah, it's kind of a rip. It's basically disc 1 of the real OST minus the boss theme, so a huge amount of it is just the music that plays in the anime scenes at the start. Which isn't great music to listen to.

The removal of the boss theme makes it feel like they were quite aware that they weren't providing the best possible value, too.

Well, at least the box design is nice...lol

Maybe I should sell it. Still sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom