• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I hate the scenes where it holds on a view of Tokyo and shows you everyone's thoughts. They're not skippable beyond fast forward (which is hilarious when content of actual value can be skipped) and I feel like they're trying to make me care about something that I don't.

pixxxelz

Made it to the end of the first dungeon on my first attempt, I'm completely out of sp and I already burned all my recovery items though so I don't think I can take the boss right now.

I'm really liking how the dungeon crawling stuff work in this game, is almost impossible run past enemies now unless you're sneaky, only thing I don't like is how quickly shadows respawn but other than that is MUCH better than in the previous tittles.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamnnnn the third main dungeon seems like such a huuuge jump in difficulty, especially because plenty of enemies' weaknesses are just beyond four basic elementals and some of them don't even have one and they hit HARD.

Chaos17

Summary:
- Merciless is an NG difficulty, but one that does require grinding.
- The changes do virtually nothing to make NG+ harder than Hard.
- Reduced EXP gain makes the game a tad bit harder in most circumstances, but very spiky when you fall outside the ability to withstand hits.
- You generally have less access to new Persona, both through recruiting and fusion.
- Minibosses and "hard" regular enemies are actually easier on Merciless than on Hard.
- Regular encounters can go a bit faster due to the increased weakness multiplier.
- Only in the first dungeon does Merciless really require more distinct visits to the dungeons than Hard.
- Confidant bonuses help you cover the level gap a bit due to the fusion bonus.
- The difficulty probably smooths out a bit later, if you can deal with some substantial spikes in the first dungeon.
I dislike this kind of difficulties

silva1991

Do we get more exp on easy mode? I tried it in the 4th dungeon, but didn't notice any increase in exp gained.

Oh FFS [social link spoilers]
Mishima just level up already and give me that exp boost.

Can someone refresh my memory? Before dungeon 2 question...

Where do they hear Madarames name in memento again? They keep mentioning it but I can't remember.

Anoxida

About 20hrs in halway second dungeon done
I feel like im going fast. I still prefer p4g over this but there's plenty of game left to persuade me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This is good to learn now, when I'm playing like my 4th game of the series

You serious? Hahaha. SMT games like Nocturne also worked the same way.

Where do they hear Madarames name in memento again? They keep mentioning it but I can't remember.

When they deal with
the stalker
, he mentioned him by name.

suracity

Yes you defeated a shadow and after the fight the shadow mentioned how Madarame ruined his life and now he is hopeless.

Khoryos

5/7:
The first Mementos quest, with the Stalker. he mentions that Madarame ruined his life.

Tiops

Could you share this list? I'm too worried about spoilers to search myself, but I also don't want to miss Confidants.

I checked these links (they're not 100% spoiler free, but if you just search for the dates you can pretty much avoid anything):
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/835628-persona-5/faqs/73868
https://rankedboost.com/persona-5/confidant/ This one has pictures of the characters and is fully translated, so keep that in mind if you want to avoid any potential spoiler

silva1991

That feeling when it's finally time to get rid of low level magic to use ones that costs more SP..

Where is this guy when you need him

836764-kitsune.jpg

^ Nope, only Safe gives you an EXP boost.

Shame. Pretty sure that was the case in P4G.

Nbz

Goddamnnnn the third main dungeon seems like such a huuuge jump in difficulty, especially because plenty of enemies' weaknesses are just beyond four basic elementals and some of them don't even have one and they hit HARD.

You definitely need to keep
Makoto around for her Nuclear moves, comes in useful for a few enemies

5/5
Named the group Masquerade~

It's unnecessarily cruel. I skip the sequence every time.

5/5 spoiler

Rebellion

Someone please tell me in spoilers if necessary does the stats for Guts, Knowledge, and the rest carries over to a new game +?

I spend all my time in game either in the meta verse or trying to max those out with little time spent a social links.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is there a way outside of Config to set conversations to "auto"? Sometimes you just want to set the controller down.

Xeteh

5/5 spoiler

Rebellion

Someone please tell me in spoilers if necessary does the stats for Guts, Knowledge, and the rest carries over to a new game +?

I spend all my time in game either in the meta verse or trying to max those out with little time spent a social links.

Unless they changed it for this game they do. That was kind of one of the big draws of NG+ were the stat checks that you missed out on because they were nearly (or in some cases) impossible to have at that point in a new game.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
First dungeon spoiler question:
When you leave a calling card and get booted from the dungeon, do you get to free roam the next time? I'm missing a locked chest and idk if I'll be able to pick it up after dropping the calling card.

shiba5

I have an icon on the Shibuya station map that tells me I have a confidant task, but I can't find it anywhere and I've talked to all the ones I've unlocked. They either don't have anything or my stats are still too low for them. Anyone have an idea? Timeline wise, I am working through
Madarame's Palace.

Opa-Pa

So, the wifi is dead right now, but I'm free for the rest of the day so I decide to chill for a while and play P5 and surprise:

"Selected data contains downloadable content that you do not have ownership rights to, so the game cannot be resumed."

Gee, I surely do love the future of video games.

It's fucking healing items btw!

Edit: Never mind, never share PSN account with your relatives!

When you leave a calling card and get booted from the dungeon, do you get to free roam the next time? I'm missing a locked chest and idk if I'll be able to pick it up after dropping the calling card.

Yes.

pbayne

Looks like mementos have no time limit. Thank jesus might as well just let 5-6 of them build up before tackling them. Seems way more efficient.

Yeah you can still explore the whole dungeon. Just with a full security rating.

jediyoshi

So, the wifi is dead right now, but I'm free for the rest of the day so I decide to chill for a while and play P5 and surprise:

"Selected data contains downloadable content that you do not have ownership rights to, so the game cannot be resumed."

Gee, I surely do love the future of video games.

It's fucking healing items btw!

Is the account you're playing on the account that purchased it and being played on the account's primary system?

Merkunt

I have an icon on the Shibuya station map that tells me I have a confidant task, but I can't find it anywhere and I've talked to all the ones I've unlocked. They either don't have anything or my stats are still too low for them. Anyone have an idea? Timeline wise, I am working through
Madarame's Palace.

Check the Underground mall for Ann / Arcade for Ryuji

Edit: Have you unlocked the Sun Arcana? Might be related to that.

Mossybrew

As a newcomer to the series I'm just not feeling it yet. Over three hours in and I'm still basically in tutorial mode, it seems very slow going.

shiba5

As a newcomer to the series I'm just not feeling it yet. Over three hours in and I'm still basically in tutorial mode, it seems very slow going.

It's definitely a slow burn. I had to remind myself that it was a really long game and now it doesn't bother me. It's more like a Stardew Valley type of experience.

Edit: Thanks JJ

Opa-Pa

Is the account you're playing on the account that purchased it and being played on the account's primary system?

Yeah never mind... I share my PSN info with a nephew and it seems like set his as primary without telling me haha. I'll just use my phone as a hotspot to change that. Thanks for pointing this out.

HMD

I'm having a tough time with the third dungeon
I reached the huge vault after beating the mini boss and I already exhausted all SP on all characters except for Yusuke, the enemies are weak to magic types I don't have like light, dark and curse. Am I making good progress or am I too slow? I wanna maximize social link calendar time and take as few days as possible with the dungeon. I have a few SP items that I've been collecting I don't wanna use them up on this dungeon though, it feels like it's way too soon to use them up. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom