• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exam theme is so good, I think I've had the game idle in the background for about 30 minutes at this point just so I can listen to the song while doing other stuff.

I'm tempted to romance Ann just to get back at Morgana for telling me when I can and can't do things at night. Fuck you cat I just want to watch my DVDs.

You don't have to grind at all, just kill everything on your way and when you're low SP, find a safe room and go back in real world to regen. The game force you to do that by giving you 0 SP regen items in the begining.
Just remember to each new enemy you encounter test their magic weakness, it's pretty rare you will need buff or debuff.
I play on normal and the bosses (first and second) were jokes.

That's what I was attempting to do, but around the mini-boss I was barely getting through enemies, having to chew through all my SP for the Ice-Weakness enemies (the knight enemies). I was also trying to take at least a day off between dungeon runs but at the pace I'm going I'm going to be cutting it really, really close.

I think I might go back and do some fusion, get Arcene back and level them.

etrain911

So question: Is there a way to avoid one-hit KO'ing Shadows when you're leveled higher than them so that you can still hold them up?

I'm trying to finish the first dungeon, and the enemy difficulty has shot up for some reason, and they seem to be cheating by taking turns whenever they feel like it?

Then you have to endure the frustration of going all the way back to the safe room, which is really infuriating.

tbm24

It's a bit clumsy to not auto register arsene before the fusion tutorial but you'll be able to buy him back if you really want him. With only 6 slots and all the stuff available in the castle you'd end up fusing him at some point.
Would be better if I was at least lv7. Incubus and Arsene make a Genbu which looks like a good entry point for Bufu this early.

daveo42

Banned
So question: Is there a way to avoid one-hit KO'ing Shadows when you're leveled higher than them so that you can still hold them up?

Use regular attacks, the gun or hit their strengths if these kill them instantly. If you're well above their level and do enough regular damage without killing them, they will more than likely surrender. It's how I got Jack O'Lantern around level 10.

Man, I can't wait to join you guys, I have a hard time even thinking about anything else. My copy only arrives tomorrow, amazon really fucked up.

LiK

Kinda annoying you don't get a location as a fast travel location until you visit it AGAIN after your first visit. Doesn't make sense.

NastyBook

just got the game. put the sucker in the ps4 and was all set to play!! no 36758gb patch no 176471 hours of installation time. none.
P5 is the fucking GOAT before i even started a new game.
Was pleasantly surprised at that once the game finished the initial install. Actually thought something was wrong. "Damn, game's not downloading its update, let me hit up GAF."
:D

Linkura

It's a bit clumsy to not auto register arsene before the fusion tutorial but you'll be able to buy him back if you really want him. With only 6 slots and all the stuff available in the castle you'd end up fusing him at some point.

Any idea when/if you get more slots?

etrain911

Attack against one of their strengths or use the gun. If you're well above their level and do enough regular damage without killing them, they will more than likely surrender. It's how I got Jack O'Lantern around level 10.

So attacking with things they're resistant to?

Zyrox

Re: Mementos
Just unlocked that feature. Should I go inside now or will I get more targets eventually to tackle all at once? Asking this because Ann was like "Okay, the number of targets is 1, do you wanna go in now?" Makes me think going in for just one target is not an efficient use of my time...? Maybe I have to do this target first to unlock more though? Game mentioned something along those lines. I dunno. Help?

twisteh

No doubt this will be my GOTY.

Just a silly question really, but why do some of the NPCs have no eyes? Just curious, it's like they don't have a face.

Weiss

Banned
Matador + Swift Strike = Everything dies screaming.

Physical attacks are way better in this game than they were in 4.

Lunar15

I swear Will Power was intended to have a vocal track at some point. The guitar sounds like it's playing out a vocal section.

muteki

No doubt this will be my GOTY.

Just a silly question really, but why do some of the NPCs have no eyes? Just curious, it's like they don't have a face.

Probably half for aesthetic/thematic reasons, probably half for performance reasons. It does a decent job of making a city feel more filled out, and is probably a better way of doing it than TMS's blank, colorful silhouettes.

Linkura

You get those through story progression. I believe sometime after the castle or maybe even in the later half of it.
They go up by two slots when you reach progression with a certain arcana.

Thanks. I made it to the treasure room and haven't gotten any more yet.

Dominator

This game is really fantastic so far, I've missed Persona. I only played Golden but that game sucked me on a level in which I wanted to do NOTHING else with my free time except play Persona.

I feel like that might be the case here as well, but I'll give it a few more hours before I say that as I'm only 2-3 hours in.

Hahahhaha fuck my life
just beat Kamoshida and was about to see if the change took effect
when a fuckin tree fell over and knocked my power out and set me back to
before I even sent out the calling card
. Ahahahaha :(

Shengar

The Warden Twins reminds me so much of Uspenski Twins from Catherine and it makes me wished Atlus named them Martha and Lindsay.

twisteh

Probably half for aesthetic/thematic reasons, probably half for performance reasons. It does a decent job of making a city feel more filled out, and is probably a better way of doing it than TMS's blank, colorful silhouettes.
Thanks, not a big deal was just curious.

Does your bond with someone always go up when you hang out with them? I've played through P4 but I forget.

Does it keep adding up until it says it'll rank up?

This is my first Persona so I have a question I'm curious about:
there's a deadline for completing the first dungeons but I've been running around doing various activities, studying etc. If I were to simply rush into the dungeon and finish it would I lose the days leading up until the deadline? Does the story fast forward through it and I would lose out on those 10 or so days?

This is my first Persona so I have a question I'm curious about:there's a deadline for completing the first dungeons but I've been running around doing various activities, studying etc. If I were to simply rush into the dungeon and finish it would I lose the days leading up until the deadline? Does the story fast forward through it and I would lose out on those 10 or so days?

No, you keep the days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any quick tips before jumping in? I dont give a fuck about mechanic spoilers, Im not a fan of the whole "go in blind and discover yourself man!", if it will ease up any potencial fuck up of frustration I will gladly want to know.

This will be my first Persona game, alrhough i've played countless of jrpgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom