• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Banned
Interesting detail I noticed during the TV station school trip.
Akechi overheard what Morgana said, meaning he is already a persona user.

Zesh

Yeap, unless you do an activity, time does not advance. Some activities don't really count either like Shopping. So keep in mind that eating in places like a diner or burger joint at night do advance the time.

Nope, you can take the train a hundred times and no time will pass. Same with shopping.

Time only passes when you commit to an activity (be that hanging out with someone, or studying, or working a part time job, etc.)

Thanks for the quick responses.

Looking forward to getting back to the game tonight now that things are opening up more.

Xeteh

Interesting detail I noticed during the TV station school trip.
Akechi overheard what Morgana said, meaning he is already a persona user.

Yeah, I couldn't really remember if someone else had said pancakes but I took it to mean he heard Morgana as well.

Pygrus

Ended up bringing the difficulty down to normal after wiping in the first boss so many times. Kind of disappointed in myself for doing it, but
I had already sent the calling card and I forgot to make as seperate save before doing it.

I would have beat him on hard if they didn't make me send a party member away to try to steal the crown.

Fireblend

Banned
Gonna make a cross post in both OTs - I'm having a difficult time choosing between this or Nier.

I get that they are completely different games, but I still need to choose between them. I only have time for one. Which one do I get? Help me GAF. Heading to the store in five minutes, need to have made a decision by then!

What other games do you like? It would help if we knew more about what you like. Do you prefer turn based or action based RPGs? Focused cast, or super diverse cast?

Gonna make a cross post in both OTs - I'm having a difficult time choosing between this or Nier.

I get that they are completely different games, but I still need to choose between them. I only have time for one. Which one do I get? Help me GAF. Heading to the store in five minutes, need to have made a decision by then!

What are your thoughts? I would probably recommend Persona but for that thread the other day for Ultros' friend I think Nier was the right call.

Ourobolus

Banned

I played both (well, still working on P5). It's a toss-up really, they are both fantastic games. P5 will probably take you twice as long to beat as Nier, if that helps.

Reszo

Does anyone know what im suppose to do in the second dungeon when you get to the room full of lasers that you have to walk around, its the second part of the dungeon.

I've found two seperate vents but i cant jump into them.

Twinduct

Any decent Let's Play of this going around?
Don't mind commentary, unless it's just a dude talking for the fear of dead air.

Play Nier first

Robiin

What other games do you like? It would help if we knew more about what you like. Do you prefer turn based or action based RPGs? Focused cast, or super diverse cast?
I love Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, so that genre is definitely up my alley.

Honestly I don't think I've played a "classic" JRPG since Golden Sun on GBA. I used to love those games. Western RPGs with good world building (Mass Effect trilogy, Withcher 3) I love.

Got lost in FFVX until I realized the quest were meaningless and I didn't care for the world. Are the world building and quests more fun here?

I love Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, so that genre is definitely up my alley.

Honestly I don't think I've played a "classic" JRPG since Golden Sun on GBA. I used to love those games. Western RPGs with good world building (Mass Effect trilogy, Withcher 3) I love.

Got lost in FFVX until I realized the quest were meaningless and I didn't care for the world. Are the world building and quests more fun here?

Yeah Nier first seems like the safer bet.

ShadyK54

On 5/6 right now.

I have to say, this game really knows how to make adults just flat out pieces of shit.

The stuff with Kamoshida, and now the principal blackmailing Niijima...Sheesh lol.

Weebos

Banned
On 5/6 right now.

I have to say, this game really knows how to make adults just flat out pieces of shit.

The stuff with Kamoshida, and now the principal blackmailing Niijima...Sheesh lol.

The principal is a scumbag. I hope we get to take his heart at some point.

Ah ok. Weird decision.
Thanks though.

You can find some of the early game content (I know Two Best Friends Play is putting out a 3 parter), but yeah Atlus said not to put up videos of content past a certain in game date or else. There was a fairly big thread on it.

Xeteh

So I'm starting the 3rd Palace and while not much of a spoiler I'll mark it anyways...
I'm really liking Makoto's character so far, I think she's gonna fit really well in to this group. Looking forward to seeing where this all goes.

Weebos

Banned
So I'm starting the 3rd Palace and while not much of a spoiler I'll mark it anyways...
I'm really liking Makoto's character so far, I think she's gonna fit really well in to this group. Looking forward to seeing where this all goes.

You're slightly ahead of me, I'm currently doing the school trip, but I agree.
I love that she stalks you during this period and is pretending to read a book whenever you approach her.

Lingitiz

On 5/6 right now.

It's kind of a little overdone to be honest. They're so comically evil and malicious that it feels a bit over-the-top and heavy handed.

Twinduct

You can find some of the early game content (I know Two Best Friends Play is putting out a 3 parter), but yeah Atlus said not to put up videos of content past a certain in game date or else. There was a fairly big thread on it.

Missed it. Did they give any date when this restriction will end?
Ironically The switcher's video was the reason for my question.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ended up bringing the difficulty down to normal after wiping in the first boss so many times. Kind of disappointed in myself for doing it, but
I had already sent the calling card and I forgot to make as seperate save before doing it.

I would have beat him on hard if they didn't make me send a party member away to try to steal the crown.

Unless you've grinded out a party wide heal before, heal all party items are the key for hard for that fight, imo. You can buy items that give +50/100hp for all members.

That way you only need one member to be healing while you're down to 3, means you can keep the damage up and progress the fight really quickly.

Philippo

Can anybody help me with this?

17813845_1308535382528852_1839937299_n.jpg

First time happening with a game on PS4.
Did not touch any option on the tv, and NieR played just fine two days ago so it's something of P5 only.

A cute detail I enjoy is hearing some shadows mumbling random things to themselves while you're hidden near them.

None that I'm aware of. They used some "for now/the time being" kind of wording at one point in their press release, but without a solid date where they would reverse this decision I'm not optimistic.

You may be able to watch people play the Japanese version, but I wouldn't know how much you'd get out of that.

Xeteh

They alluded that they might rethink their stance in the future but haven't really committed to anything. The way that the release was worded though made it sound like that Atlus in Japan was really pushing for this.

nOoblet16

City crowd turning into grey silhouette literally 5m in front of you is very very distracting. The game's rendering tech is as ancient as dinosaurs and it runs at only 30FPS on top, there is no reason why PS4 much less a Pro couldn't have avoided this problem (I get that Persona 5 originally came out before Pro). Even the signposts are barely readable because of how low res they are even by PS3 standards.

I wishA bit more effort on PS4 version would have been appreciated cause what they have right now is barely even an effort it's basically a low tech PS3 game at 1080P.

btkadams

Question about day 5/4:
Do I just sell the medal to the air soft guy, or is there some other better use for it? It's giving me the option to sell or say it's not enough.

nOoblet16

Can I read books anywhere else beside library and the random times I have a seat when on a train?

Whats a good way to raise my guts stat besides the library?
Take the burger challenge, you get guts everytime even if you fail. Doing it in evening is cheaper. You can also watch movies.

Can I read books anywhere else beside library and the random times I have a seat when on a train?

Take the burger challenge, you get guts everytime even if you fail. Doing it in evening is cheaper. You can also watch movies.

Supposedly in LeBlanc but I don't know where.

nOoblet16

Question about day 5/4:
Do I just sell the medal to the air soft guy, or is there some other better use for it? It's giving me the option to sell or say it's not enough.
As with 95% of the other dialogue choices in this game it doesn't matter what you pick.
If you pick "it's not enough" he'll just tell you to deal with it because him and you know one else will buy it.
Gotta sell it to
party
Eh? How would you go about doing that?

Jarmel

Banned
Ok I'm a bit confused. General game spoilers
So does the game end at the end of December? I'm looking at a guide and last events are in Dec but I'm seeing stuff for February.

Caim

Does anyone know if there are additional 'costumes' in the main game?

In golden there was a clothes shop that opened up in the nearby town, wondering if that's a thing in P5 or if it is all DLC (which I will almost certainly buy)

If you've got time for an 80 hour RPG, go with this. Simply more bang for your buck here.

No it's pretty much all DLC, and the casual outfits and swimsuits were free DLC on the JP version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom