• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulong

How much SP to those accessories that Tae Takemi sells actually recover? 100k yen is still a lot of money right now but if it allows infinite dungeon diving it would be worth it.

nOoblet16

Ok I'm a bit confused. General game spoilers
So does the game end at the end of December? I'm looking at a guide and last events are in Dec but I'm seeing stuff for February.
That isn't really a "general game spoiler" man. It's a spoiler asking for a confirmation regarding the game's ending date you found in the game guide.

Ok I'm a bit confused. General game spoilers
So does the game end at the end of December? I'm looking at a guide and last events are in Dec but I'm seeing stuff for February.

Can't answer specifically for 5, but in Persona 3 & 4:

Usually November/December the finale of the plot kicks off and you no longer have free time. It's all story sections/dungeons after that. Once the major plot is completed, it jumps ahead a couple months for some finale events that lead to the ending.

"general" anything before a spoiler tag doesn't make me wanna click at all.

It's a spoiler of sorts for anyone unfamiliar with how Persona games work in terms of time/the calendar.

edit:

Thanks Caim!

After watching the GB quick look, I feel like double dipping and getting the EN ver of the game.

But I heard they will patch JP audio into the EN game. Why wont they patch EN into the JP game!

zelhawks37

Currently halfway through the first dungeon and starting another exploring session with 6 days left. Game has me hooked, but slightly concerned of what the boss could be and what their weaknrss is. Cant wait to get back into this after work. :)

Can anybody help me with this?

First time happening with a game on PS4.
Did not touch any option on the tv, and NieR played just fine two days ago so it's something of P5 only.

p5 seems to ignore the display area settings on the ps4, only way to fix it is if your tv has a fit to screen option

Ulong

3 SP, 5 SP, and 7 SP per turn depending on the tier.

Thanks, 7sp feels pretty reasonable. Though now I think about it, being able to go infinite in a dungeon is considerably less worth it now that the game forces you to take multiple days anyway. Still a good thing to get though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aside from the effin stuff and some of Ryuji's other dialogue, the localization makes the characters sound like actual teenagers.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Never played a Persona before and I keep seeing people talking about "x days left" when doing activities....do you only have a certain number of days to do things in this game? Can someone explain this please?

Aside from the effin stuff and some of Ryuji's other dialogue, the localization makes the characters sound like actual teenagers.

I said effin as a teenager. Still do ^^'

Never played a Persona before and I keep seeing people talking about "x days left" when doing activities....do you only have a certain number of days to do things in this game? Can someone explain this please?

Each dungeon has a time limit to complete them in for story reasons, but the limit is not at all restrictive. A lot of people finished the first dungeon in one go, I took 3/4 days out of the like 12 they give you.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I said effin as a teenager. Still do ^^'

Each dungeon has a time limit to complete them in for story reasons, but the limit is not at all restrictive. A lot of people finished the first dungeon in one go, I took 3/4 days out of the like 12 they give you.

Is it always 12 days even for the later ones? What happens if for some reason I don't beat the dungeon in the required days?

nOoblet16

Game plays in semi real time as in the day is divided into mornings, noon, afternoon, evenings etc. Doing something advances from one phase to another not doing anything will keep you in the same time. You have to use this time to attend school, earn money, gain skills, build relationships and do dungeon crawling. You have a limited number of days when it comes to dungeon. Morning and noons are usually reserved for school except for Sundays and holidays. Dungeons can be finished over one afternoon but you'll need some form of mana replacement ability before you do that otherwise you can do it over 2-4 days easy peasy...you get around 2 weeks to do them so you have a lot of time.

Also there is no real uniformity in just how many "parts" you get in a day sometimes you will get both afternoon and evenings, while sometimes you'll only get evenings...Most of the time it's the latter though. Holidays are exceptions of course as you get more time off in a day.

Just got to the shops and discovered that the Soma that came from one of the free DLCs is worth 50,000 if I sell it. I know it's rare, but is it worth selling it at this early game? Or just hold off until the late game to use it and let the money flow in naturally?

hztcnioeanhhk0hpny2r.gif

Best advice out there.

Pffft. 3rd dungeon spoilers:
At the part where the party got separated by lasers, I fought a shadow that was weak to bufu one-on-one, pulled out trusty Jack Frost.... and missed. Luckily recovered but c'mon game.

Just got to the shops and discovered that the Soma that came from one of the free DLCs is worth 50,000 if I sell it. I know it's rare, but is it worth selling it at this early game? Or just hold off until the late game to use it and let the money flow in naturally?

I'm up to 100k at the second dungeon. Money is tight in the beginning but keep in mind your characters don't need all the latest equipment and BREAK EVERYTHING in dungeons.

If you're playing on hard or above, keep it. Lower difficulty settings will have less of a need for Soma.

Is it always 12 days even for the later ones? What happens if for some reason I don't beat the dungeon in the required days?

Couldn't answer either of those definitively because I haven't made it to a second dungeon or failed to beat one yet. I believe it kicks you back to the first day the dungeon was available or let you load a save.

But if you are worried about it I wouldn't be. The calendar system is clearly explained and isn't challenging. The game is always telling you how many days are left for a dungeon.

Hell no don't sell it. You don't need money that badly, and full hp/sp restore for the WHOLE party in the middle of battle, I guarantee you, will be a lifesaver at some point during a boss battle. For P3/P4 I went into the final bosses with more than one soma and absolutely made use of them.

Hell no don't sell it. You don't need money that badly, and full hp/sp restore for the WHOLE party in the middle of battle, I guarantee you, will be a lifesaver at some point during a boss battle. For P3/P4 I went into the final bosses with more than one soma and absolutely made use of them.

Cool, thanks for the heads up, guys. I never normally tend to sell these things, but I figured 50,000 was worth a lot now. Not played a Persona game since I got the plat on 4G a few years back, forgot how much I actually used them.

I've made it as far as the first momento encounter so I'm super early. I love this game, and it's funny i really thought I wouldn't as hard. P3 and 4 I played in high school, and now I'm coming out of college so I figured it would be a miss the boat feeling. Couldn't be more wrong, I love the vibe of this game and the feel of these characters. If it stays this strong it's my favorite persona, it definitely has my favorite main character.

Venfayth

I'm sure this has been asked already but I'd appreciate an answer.

Is there any punishment for having multiple romances? I've heard there is a sad event similar to Valentine's Day in p4 if you're polygamous. Is there anything more or worse than that?

R0ckman

So are locked chests really useful? Not sure if I should go back for them. I think it will take me 3 days to make more picks and the group keeps hounding me of finishing the dungeon.

XaosWolf

Can someone explain why the fuck enemies can get 2 attacks?

I can only see who's next on the list and this double attack bullshit is fucking everything up.

I almost got party wiped by an attack, all attack crit and a one more all attack.

This wasn't even boss!

aravuus

If you happen to raise Death's rank to 7 soon-ish, it's worth selling then (you can buy an accessory from her that restores 7 SP every round for 50k, absolutely invaluable for your healer) if you're out of money, otherwise might as well keep it.

Man so many one liners that I'd have loved to taken screenshot of...but I can't because fuck Atlus' archaic policies ! :(

Ikr

So annoying

Tiops

I think the dialogue is great. Some people will cry about memes in the translation, but I think we do have to use some stupid expressions nowadays to sound like actual people.

Spoilers from 04/12:

Qj7Qxr9h.png

Kyrios

Man so many one liners that I'd have loved to taken screenshot of...but I can't because fuck Atlus' archaic policies ! :(

I was thinking the same last night. I was like "Ha, that's a funny line let me-oh yeah..."

Can't even screenshot the splash screen upon starting the game. Would have made a cool wallpaper.

Can someone explain why the fuck enemies can get 2 attacks?

I can only see who's next on the list and this double attack bullshit is fucking everything up.

I almost got party wiped by an attack, all attack crit and a one more all attack.

This wasn't even boss!
Press turn system, it wouldn't be fair if you were the only one that had it, sometimes luck matters.

dlauv

D.C. Douglas is killing it as Komoshida.

All of the voices are good. The best thing isn't that there's no Yuri.

The only ones I don't like actually are the Wardens. You can hear the va literally struggling her chords to sound high pitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom