• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

Can someone explain why the fuck enemies can get 2 attacks?

I can only see who's next on the list and this double attack bullshit is fucking everything up.

I almost got party wiped by an attack, all attack crit and a one more all attack.

This wasn't even boss!

Turn order is determined by agility. If a shadow has higher agility than everyone on your team, they will go first unless you ambush them. If you ambush them your entire team will get a turn before the enemy. Once the enemy gets their turn after your ambush turns, the turn order returns to normal. This makes it so the enemy could attack twice in a row if their agility is high enough and they survive an ambush.

aravuus

Turn order is determined by agility. If a shadow has higher agility than everyone on your team, they will go first unless you ambush them. If you ambush them your entire team will get a turn before the enemy. Once the enemy gets their turn after your ambush turns, the turn order returns to normal. This makes it so the enemy could attack twice in a row if their agility is high enough and they survive an ambush.

Can my party members ever get more turns in before the enemy's turn if my agility gets high enough?

I mean, by the time that happens I'd probably be OP enough to one-hit them, but out of curiosity. Feel like it'd still be a bit unfair if the enemies and my party played by different rules.

I think the dialogue is great. Some people will cry about memes in the translation, but I think we do have to use some stupid expressions nowadays to sound like actual people.

Spoilers from 04/12:

Qj7Qxr9h.png

I lost it at this one.

Edit:

During a negotiation a persona asked me if Love could bloom even on the battlefield. God damn it.

oh my god

Hmmm rather pissed off tbh. Went into the Palace with 3 days left which isn't enough time to finish it with the bullshit calling card taking a whole day at the end. Game doesn't give you a heads up on that. So now I have to go back the start of the Palace are redo it all over. What a waste of a night. Not even sure I have the patience to do that again really.

R0ckman

I can only see who's next on the list and this double attack bullshit is fucking everything up.

I almost got party wiped by an attack, all attack crit and a one more all attack.

This wasn't even boss!

Yeah battles can be very skitzo in this. Last night stayed up until 2 because I kept getting a game over because certain battles were basically a coin flip based on what moves were used, almost garunteeing a victory or loss.

dlauv

As a newcomer to the series I'm just not feeling it yet. Over three hours in and I'm still basically in tutorial mode, it seems very slow going.

Don't feel bad. They're all idiotically slow. This game actually improves the pacing from P4.

At the - sad to say - 5-6 hour mark, the game goes from a hard 5/10 anime storybook to really decent RPG with a lot of player agency.

Venfayth

Round 1 (Ambush)
1. MC, agi 20
2. Ann, agi 18
3. Ryuji, agi 23
4. Morgana, agi 15
5. Enemy, agi 22
Round 2
1. Ryuji, agi 23
2. Enemy, agi 22
3. MC, agi 20
4. Ann, agi 18
5. Morgana, agi 15

Hope this helps, made up numbers of course

Kyrios

Hmmm rather pissed off tbh. Went into the Palace with 3 days left which isn't enough time to finish it with the bullshit calling card taking a whole day at the end. Game doesn't give you a heads up on that. So now I have to go back the start of the Palace are redo it all over. What a waste of a night. Not even sure I have the patience to do that again really.

On the calender it shows you the deadline for locating the treasure and then the deadline for the calling card.

But like you said, you're not even alerted to it unless you happen to be checking the calender lol

Yeah that totally sucks. Needs to be put in the OT or something.

Owensboro

So does it make more sense to just power through the Palace the instant you get it, or to try and finish the palace really close to the expiration? I think I'd prefer to just blow through it ASAP and not be worried about any deadline.

silva1991

Is there anything special about black kogatana?

On the calender it shows you the deadline for locating the treasure and then the deadline for the calling card.

But like you said, you're not even alerted to it unless you happen to be checking the calender lol

But other party members keep reminding us about the deadline like ... every day or two?

So does it make more sense to just power through the Palace the instant you get it, or to try and finish the palace really close to the expiration? I think I'd prefer to just blow through it ASAP and not be worried about any deadline.

You should try to handle it ASAP in my opinion, just because the game is going to throw obstacles that take time to handle (like the calling cards). There's no penalty for getting it done early.

Dresden

This wasn't even boss!

wish they just showed turn order as a list on the side or something

pablito

3rd dungeon and i'm still using a lot of gear i started with

This was me. I think I saved right before reaching the treasure last night, still in the dungeon. But stuff was hurting. SP items were used. I did some money farming though cuz
I'm going to start Fortune, buy the SP items, still need to finish Temperance, upgrade gear finally, and of course Sunday stat smoothies.

Damn...playing this game is expensive (in game).

Dabi

So how much dialogue is missing subs w/ Jap VO? About to start my playthrough soon but I'm not too sure if this is as big an issue as it was made out to be.

blackw0lf

Question about Death Doctor's social link (up to rank 7)
I might be not remembering correctly but I thought that she wasn't at fault for what happened to the kid who ended up getting sick (and possibly dying) because of the medicine. But it was instead that guy who took it over, ended up screwing up, and pinning the blame on her. Yet going by the events of rank 7, it looks like she feels she's at blame.

Or am I not remembering this correctly?

Kyrios

Is there anything special about black kogatana?

But other party members keep reminding us about the deadline like ... every day or two?

I honestly don't remember them saying anything about the treasure deadlines other than the usual "Let's go to the palace today!" messages.

Kuro

The game is broken. Im getting one shot at the start of the battle with
sledgehammer guy
every fucking time.

megalowho

My favorite aspect of the negotiation system is when you're coasting through on rush and a lowly persona pops up to give you their pitch for why they shouldn't be XP fodder. All hey buddy, let's rethink this, we used to be friends remember. It's like the Ghoul bit from GB played out in game.

dhlt25

not necessarily. I have had enemies attack only after 1 or 2 of my team get a turn in. This is what bothering me the most about the game, there's no clear indication of turn order unlike the previous game. Had gotten me wiped a few times since I like to play dangerously (do as much damage as possible and heal after battle)

Chaos17

First option because game will force you many time to stop your exploration (played up to chapter 3)

Just for that reason, this game is the worst ATM of all Persona I played.

odin9450

I think my game is bugged or something. I tried to increase knowledge by doing a lot of things from answering questions, midterms, reading in the library and the diner, but my knowledge is still ranked "Oblivious". WTF

Venfayth

not necessarily. I have had enemies attack only after 1 or 2 of my team get a turn in. This is what bothering me the most about the game, there's no clear indication of turn order unlike the previous game. Had gotten me wiped a few times since I like to play dangerously (do as much damage as possible and heal after battle)

?

It should be impossible for enemies to attack before your squad each gets a turn if you ambush the enemy.

mileS

I'm not concerned with maxing social links in one play through but I'd like to ask people that have completed the JPN version how it compares to Persona 4. I'm catching myself wanting to check conversation guides already.. I hate it. Need to reprogram myself and just enjoy it without worrying.

I think my game is bugged or something. I tried to increase knowledge by doing a lot of things from answering questions, midterms, reading in the library and the diner, but my knowledge is still ranked "Oblivious". WTF

knowledge always took alot more to advance in lvl in the previous games

Freeman76

I'm not concerned with maxing social links in one play through but I'd like to ask people that have completed the JPN version how it compares to Persona 4. I'm catching myself wanting to check conversation guides already.. I hate it. Need to reprogram myself and just enjoy it without worrying.

Just dont find anything out and play it your way. Like anything, the more you actively do something differently the more you effect change :)

I can see how people can finish the first dungeon in two days, but finishing it in one day? Can't imagine how you pull that off, unless you're on a lower difficulty or skipping most of the fights.

Will work like a charm when you don't have a potatoe as a connection. I've played my PS4 (which was in Germany) in Thailand without problems.

This is great to hear, between Zelda and persona 5 and my limited game time I have months of entertainment between the two, I might put persona on the back burner so I don't have to drag my wii u around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom