• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRV

Quick question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. Do I have to actually manage what activities I do per day and be in bed by a certain time or can I do "unlimited" activities etc... without worrying about the time?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. Do I have to actually manage what activities I do per day and be in bed by a certain time or can I do "unlimited" activities etc... without worrying about the time?

You very much have to worry about time. That's basically the whole thing.

Hypothetically, you can see almost everything there is to see in one play-thru but without a guide I would say it's not particularly likely.

mrmickfran

Are you sure he's available today?

If you check the fast travel map, and press square, you'll see the specific people available in each location (and if their confidant level will increase if you have out with them).

I checked and he wasn't available. But it's weird that other people were able to do it on the same day.

have you finished a palace or is the palace still need to be done?
I'm still on my first palace. Then I guess the next rank won't unlock until I finish it then?

Freeman76

The whole game is on a timer really. You really have to choose wisely what you do with every day. Its like the game is trolling you with the "Take your Time" loading logo in the bottom right of the screen haha, since its very rare you can actually do that unless you are in a Palace of course.

JJShadow

Morgana, your design is extremely cool and I'm really trying to like you, but fuck off and let me do whatever the hell I want

Really, I'm in mid-May and this cat is getting annoying as hell trying to get me to bed lol

GAF hold me. I have a problem all I my to do is play. Even when I can't play all I'm doing is thinking about Persona. I need help. Please send snacks. In all honesty though my god this is such an amazing game.

Quick question though how to I switch to Japanese audio? Also send snacks and Ramune.

Caim

GAF hold me. I have a problem all I my to do is play. Even when I can't play all I'm doing is thinking about Persona. I need help. Please send snacks. In all honesty though my god this is such an amazing game.

Quick question though how to I switch to Japanese audio? Also send snacks and Ramune.

During the load/save file screen press triangle.

Rodin

What's the name of the battle theme that you can hear while fighting mid bosses like (spoiler about a main mission after the first palace)
that Nakanohara guy inside Mementos
?

SRV

You very much have to worry about time. That's basically the whole thing.

Hypothetically, you can see almost everything there is to see in one play-thru but without a guide I would say it's not particularly likely.

The whole game is on a timer really. You really have to choose wisely what you do with every day. Its like the game is trolling you with the "Take your Time" loading logo in the bottom right of the screen haha, since its very rare you can actually do that unless you are in a Palace of course.

Thanks for the replys, I'm going to do my first playthrough blind as it's my first Persona, then I'll go through it again with a guide. Thanks again!

Corpekata

Banned

To clarify what others have said, the game's split into "turns" basically. You get an after school one and an evening one. Doing things involving combat or heavy story moments typically uses up both turns (and can only be started during the after school turn). You can do whatever you want during the turn itself until you encounter an activity that uses up time (which is most everything). So you don't have to be in bed at certain time as much as the game will just force you to sleep either because the evening turn will automatically move to the next day or the game just won't let you because you're tired or have some big day the following day.

BouncyFrag

So I just got my copy and my PS4 won't eject it's disc :(

I had to get to work and I'll sort it out later. I found a vid showing how to remedy this.

RPGCrazied

15 hours in, still not at the 2nd dungeon. And just found out about
requests! Neat, more place to grind in and get loot.

I always went with the diner, so that I could get points toward something else up at the same time.

You get guts when studying in the Library too, right? Or is that not every time? (I've done it twice and gotten it both times.) Do you get three knowledge points when studying in LeBlanc? I just have two days to level up my knowledge hahahaha

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
You get guts when studying in the Library too, right? Or is that not every time? (I've done it twice and gotten it both times.) Do you get three knowledge points when studying in LeBlanc? I just have two days to level up my knowledge hahahaha

It's not every time, but you can save before and reload if you didn't get it. I never actually studied at Leblanc, so I'm not sure.

Chaos17

Library can give you randomly guts. While dinner is 100% sure.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't the diner give you reduced knowledge points when it's not rainy though?

The way that I understand it, raining gets you bonus knowledge wherever you are.

At the diner they say that the rain keeps people away, so it's quieter. I imagine there's similar things in the other places.

The way that I understand it, raining gets you bonus knowledge wherever you are.

At the diner they say that the rain keeps people away, so it's quieter. I imagine there's similar things in the other places.

Ah, makes sense.

And YES! Ann offered to study with me, giving me the three points I needed to reach rank two in knowledge just in the knick of time!

When spending time with a confidant, do you need to have the corresponding Persona equipped to get a bonus or is it enough to just have it in your inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom