• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its my birthday in a few days. my girlfriend said shed buy me a ps4. i would be getting it 99% for persona 5 (and horizon down the road) as i mostly play on pc.

havent been checking the thread because i thought i wouldn't be able to play it. whats the general consensus on p5?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Early game spoiler questions April 18th

How are people spending time with Takemi so early?
She won't even talk to me..

What is the latest I can put off going into the castle?
Do I gain anything by delaying entry?

They're probably people playing on New Game + with the stats carrying over. Having level 2 guts at that point isn't possible IIRC. That said, it's very easy to get your guts to level 2, it's the easiest stat in the game to level up.

You should go pretty early, there are no penalties to doing so, and you get to spend the rest of the time how you like. The latest I would say to leave it would be a week before the deadline, but really for the first dungeon you should do it earlier to get a feel for how long they can take.

My steelbook from best buy just arrived. Its fucking destroyed on the bottom. Its bent at the bottom and the disc somehow punctured through the case.

Does Best Buy do returns and replacements. This is my first issue with BB.com shipments ever. :(

nOoblet16

You just get your kindness up by reading a book or something.

Elfstruck

Read
Zorro, the Outlaw. It gives +3

Opa-Pa

its my birthday in a few days. my girlfriend said shed buy me a ps4. i would be getting it 99% for persona 5 (and horizon down the road) as i mostly play on pc.

havent been checking the thread because i thought i wouldn't be able to play it. whats the general consensus on p5?

As a long-time fan who was excited but weary, it's mind-blowingly good, and most fans seem to agree it's great.

Reszo

Is anyone else having trouble with negotiation. I read the tutorial but I cant tell the difference between vagur or serious answers, i can usually pick out the joking ones

ymgve

So is the fortune teller bonus
just a scam too? I boosted my knowledge stat and it didn't seem to affect the studying rate at all, at least compared to studying on a rainy day.

Also, is there a way to
get back my 100k? Now the main character is all buddy-buddy with the fortune teller and he doesn't even mention the "stone" anymore.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So is the fortune teller bonus
just a scam too? I boosted my knowledge stat and it didn't seem to affect the studying rate at all, at least compared to studying on a rainy day.

Also, is there a way to
get back my 100k? Now the main character is all buddy-buddy with the fortune teller and he doesn't even mention the "stone" anymore.

Fortune Confidant spoilers: It says
that it makes it more likely that you'll level up that day, so I don't think it makes it so you gain more per day, but it changes the number needed to level up, but I'm sure someone's done the math.

And you
get the money back when you max out the s-link.

How do you invite SL to places ?

120hrs in and no idea lol about face the final boss (well I got some days left but I secured the route)

On days where you hang out with them, but they won't level up the confidant, you can choose to hang out where they are, or take them somewhere else.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've only played one Persona game so far (P4) and I definitely didn't need a 6+ hour tutorial. I guess they really need to ease new players into the different game mechanics, but damn. I just kept wanting the game to give me control. I'm at like the 8 hour mark now. Loving the game so far.

4 hours in and I am struggling to motivate myself to play already. I've played several SMT games, so I know where this eventually should lead, but I am getting really tired of the pacing and the 'fake out delays' to the inevitable. The game is purposefully spinning its wheels to ensure there is enough justification for the team to suit up and go already. Every time it seems about ready to happen, there is a long delay as the characters mull over the decision while their apprehension leads to some disaster that forces their hand to do it anyway and I...well I just want past this obvious hurdle already.

Philippo

Finally bought the game, reached when you unlock Ryuji's Persona.

So far i'm already loving it, but i still have to get in the mood, i haven't played a Persona game since 4 and 3 in 2009/2010. Plus i'm coming from Nioh and NieR, i got used to much more faster games.

I must say what took me by surprise is how different the pacing and tone of the game is already in the prologue, so different from P3/4! Like, i'm enjoying it but i feel kind of disoriented.

+Completely different tone than P4, it immediately puts you against shitty adults and even a broader scope than what's interesting to the MC in the beginning
+Much faster pacing, it piques your interest right away and doesn't begin with everyday life before starting the real plot, it's actually the opposite
+Everyone seems really interesting, both visually and dialogue, wether it's the main cast or NPCs
+Morgana is already a much more tolerable mascotte than Teddy
+The style. The style. The style.
+The first dungeon, or to better say
the first part of the Castle
, is already more interesting than all of P4 dungeons put together, and it serves for better enviromental storytelling
+Less static talking, more dynamic cutscenes and specific tailored animations, yay!
+I love how precise Shibuya's station is to its real life counterpart, to the point i immediately knew where to look for because i was there last year. Hope many other places follow this!

=I missed turn based SMT titles, but i need to get used to every command being set to face buttons, i still look for them everytime
=the soundtrack, while obviously very good, still has to click with me
=the English VA is good for now, nothing wow-worthy atm, but it's only the beginning. That said...

-... I can't stand the mispronunciation of certain surnames (Sakamoto and Kamoshida), argh!
-Igor's VA is not good. It's not spooky nor it has that mysterious aura surrounding his voice that the previous VA had
-The UI, while beautiful, is too cluttered, like the day/month during cutscene is unnecessary, or objectives during exploration (jesus this is such a straightforward game what's the need for that?). They could have at least let us disable some elements
-Posters and street signs are low res to a ridiculous degree, sometimes they're almost impossible to read

I better strap in, this is going to be one hell of a ride anyway!

So in regards to choosing the name for (5/5)
the group, do you get any voiced dialogue if you keep it the Phantoms? It's a good name and I never thought they would have you change it after the marketing. I might call us Stray Sheep though.

Tunoku

Question about side quests:

With the Memento requests, is it better to just wait until you get multiple requests? I feel like it's a little too easy if I only have one target to deal with.

Ydelnae

Just got to the 2nd dungeon and I'm finding myself somewhat disappointed by the story.
The group doesn't feel close yet (the "oh the buffet closed so we don't have a reason to talk to eachother again until we meet tomorrow at school" scene... lol), the only reason the story goes on being that Ryuji wants the world to know about the phantoms, which at the same time they are trying to keep secret and then the motivation to steal the second heart being Ann's nudes... I don't know I'm not feeling it.

I'm looking forward to the group expanding and bonding later, though. P4's cast didn't begin to shine until Kanji and Rise joined.

Astral

I fucking hate this first boss battle. The
gimmick
is stupid and it's fucking bullshit and a waste of time that you can't
attack the trophy from the start.
I'm playing on hard.

Not really, it's easier than normal in P3/4. If you want a challenge go with hard.

Challenging enough. You can die if some enemies start hitting weaknesses on you but it's manageable if you pay attention to battles.

Up to chapters 2, it's easy if you kill every enemies. I don't know about chapter 3 yet. But I tried hard and it isn't worth it because monsters get buffed but not smarter. So you just grind more.
Thanks.

Kinsei

Banned
My copy arrived today and I played for about two hours. The intro is fantastic. Much better than Persona 4's intro.

Ydelnae

Is it wasteful to spend time with someone if it says you don't think your bond will improve?

No, you need bond points to improve your social link with said person. Sometimes you don't need to spend time with confidants between social link level ups, but there are levels that require more bond points which you'll get by spending time with them.

You can also equip a Persona of the same arcana and you'll get additional bond points.

silva1991

e26.jpg

The guy in the pic: Can I level up my social link plz?

The game(angel): No

Start making the coffee/do the laundry like if you were doing it yourself, and the option to call her will pop up.

Thanks

rugioh

Banned
I wonder, how many enemies can you really skip? For instance if there is one shadow in the middle of a narrow hallway can you use cover to get around him without having to fight? I felt like there were so many situations in the first palace where I just had to run down every shadow in my way that wasn't in an open room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom