• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got Takemi's link up pretty high and when I saw that she gives a discount that it wouldn't apply to the accessories but it totally does. Right on.

Heh I paid a 100k ;_;

Btw did you use a shrine when certain characters blocked you off in the SL cat?

Hikami

(5/26) spoilers

Holy shit, the 2nd palace boss took me like 7 tries. I had a perfect strategy developed right at the end from all that trial and error. Most of my party was undergeared because I decided to spend all my money on the SP regen accessories lol.. Now I know to keep them up to date.

wbEMX

Now that is just amazing. Don't know if the US version has the same issue, but the EU version sometimes does not have subtitles in the anime cutscenes when playing with the japanese voices.

That news report about the subway right at the beginning is pretty lenghty and none of it is subtitled. Just great fucking work right there, Atlus.

This is my first Persona game, by the way. This will get interesting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I just realized I named my character the same name as a party member...and the girl I was thinking I'd max my Social Link.

Well, this is awkward.

ChrisD

I hate whoever it was that brought up the fact that (not a spoiler at all, just a visual thing but I wish I didn't know it)
the end results screen is just you going in a circle
lol

suzu

First dungeon. I have a question.

Can I still explore the palace after
sending a calling card? Because there are some locked chests I haven't opened yet (I didn't have enough lockpicks). Or does it automatically go straight to the boss fight the next time I go to the palace?

Hikami

Now that is just amazing. Don't know if the US version has the same issue, but the EU version sometimes does not have subtitles in the anime cutscenes when playing with the japanese voices.

That news report about the subway right at the beginning is pretty lenghty and none of it is subtitled. Just great fucking work right there, Atlus.

This is my first Persona game, by the way. This will get interesting.
Enable subtitles for animated cutscenes in the settings?

wbEMX

Enable subtitles for animated cutscenes in the settings?

It's activated. They just didn't bother to sub "ambient voices". Only main characters of the scenes are being subtitled. Major blunder there. And in the case of the scene right above it's even dumber as the news report is being shown for at least half a minute and there are no subs. I'm seriously considering switching to english now as I'm afraid I'll miss important story details later on.

Wait what.

I'm on the first palace and I got half way and my team was drained of sp and hp so I called it a day. Now I get to the top and
I can't even finish it today? I'm going to take 3 days???
dammit.

sending a calling card? Because there are some locked chests I haven't opened yet (I didn't have enough lockpicks). Or does it automatically go straight to the boss fight the next time I go to the palace?

Yep, did exactly that on my run.

Almost at the final boss of dungeon 1.
9hrs in i think.
Yeah they dropped the ball a bit here.
Its been non stop forced dungeon crawling for the last two three hours with a ton of cheap encounters.
Those horseback demons are everywhere and they come in groups of 4 and they knock half my hp off per hit. I might have to summon izanagi if this goes on. I doesn't look like demons take hp damage from their physical skills. And life drain is broken as f*** considering those demons are only weak to bullets,come in groups of 4 and heal 30+hp per turn whole dealing the same damage which are limited and non rechargeable.
And why in god's name do personas take so long to level up?
It almost seems pointless to keep them past the point of you being higher levelled than them.

I'm not very far in
Ann just got persona
but looking at the OP I feel pretty bad for Haru and Futaba. Are they really relegated to as little relevance as advertising gives them?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Yes you can, you won't be kicked out of the palace also when you reach 100% security rate. Just don't beat the boss or else the palace will close out after beating the boss.

Hikami

It's activated. They just didn't bother to sub "ambient voices". Only main characters of the scenes are being subtitled. Major blunder there. And in the case of the scene right above it's even dumber as the news report is being shown for at least half a minute and there are no subs. I'm seriously considering switching to english now as I'm afraid I'll miss important story details later on.

Ah yeah those aren't subbed in the US version either. They don't show up that often at least from what I've seen.

I understand enough spoken Japanese to get the gist of things so it doesn't bother me much though.

Where the hell is Ann during the day? She's not in class and after raising her Link to Rank 2 she's not at the mall either.

Shibuya Underground Mall

Took me like 10 minutes to find her.

Also

"I'm a dad"

LMFAO oh god

Edit: OH MY GOD WHAT A TWIST

The maid was secretly
the teacher
all along! I know who my Romance S. Link is now.

Weiss

Banned
Shibuya Underground Mall

Took me like 10 minutes to find her.

Also

"I'm a dad"

LMFAO oh god

Edit: OH MY GOD WHAT A TWIST

The maid was secretly
the teacher
all along! I know who my Romance S. Link is now.

Yeah she's supposed to be at the mall but she won't show up. Are there specific dates?

2nd Dungeon question:

Am I supposed to fail to kill/capture the first ?

I hit it with a crit from Lucky Punch and recruited it in one hit. Was like "That's it?"

There's a second one later on. It is COMPLETELY worth it to capture at least one from each level. The fucking skills man, the skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pixxxelz

Almost at the final boss of dungeon 1.
9hrs in i think.
Yeah they dropped the ball a bit here.
Its been non stop forced dungeon crawling for the last two three hours with a ton of cheap encounters.
Those horseback demons are everywhere and they come in groups of 4 and they knock half my hp off per hit. I might have to summon izanagi if this goes on. I doesn't look like demons take hp damage from their physical skills. And life drain is broken as f*** considering those demons are only weak to bullets,come in groups of 4 and heal 30+hp per turn whole dealing the same damage which are limited and non rechargeable.
And why in god's name do personas take so long to level up?
It almost seems pointless to keep them past the point of you being higher levelled than them.
You don't have to finish the dungeons in one go, you can just fast travel to and from the entrance from any save point and then continue some other day.

ramyeon

I hit it with a crit from Lucky Punch and recruited it in one hit. Was like "That's it?"

There's a second one later on. It is COMPLETELY worth it to capture at least one from each level. The fucking skills man, the skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I think I found 3 of them in second Palace. But yeah crit is the best way to recruit it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh I see, it gets to a point where you have a good money and you can buy everything for the team. Now, a certain SL will allow you to
switch characters on the fly
that's where I switch around Anne and such.

Oh, I know. I'm 75 hours in. I just harbor a lot of resentment of Morgana for never letting me go out at night, so I keep him on the sidelines.

Yup, that's why I switched. I'll probably do an English playthrough to understand everything that's going on, then do a NG+ with the JP audio. It's unfortunate, but so is the spotty English translation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The English dub is decent though, so not a huge deal.

Yeah she's supposed to be at the mall but she won't show up. Are there specific dates?

I think so. I'm not sure as every time I wanted to hang with her I found her in either the classroom in front of me or the mall. She might have less availability if it says Pollen Warning.

wrongway

I'm way behind a ton of people I bet, but got into the more open gameplay now. Made my first dungeon run ("about half way" through), collected some doods.

Quick question though -- there's not a weather channel/weather forecast I'm missing, right? That's just not in P5?

For new comers:

1) Always, always, always fuse your personas if you can get a better one. There's no benefit to keeping weak ones.

2) If you're encountering a new type of Shadow for the first time always try out everything to find their weakness. Best is if you can capture them.

It's all about the fast kills- if the song reaches the chorus, you're taking too long lol

SenkiDala

I've a question regardin the first dungeon of the game (well and other ones too). I put it under spoilers but it's not spoiling anything regarding story, it's about a gameplay mechanic.

I've played P4G before this one but I don't remember well (or even know if it's the same in this one). When they say "you have XXdays to finish the dungeon, then it'll be game over", if they give you, let's say 10 days, and you finish it on the 2nd day, the game brings you automaticaly to the 10th day and the story goes on, or they give you the 8 extra days until to do whatever you want (go school, shopping, social links etc)? I don't remember that... And I wouldn't like to finish the dungeons too fast and then losing XX days that I could use to improve skills/social links etc.

Thanks!

I've a question regardin the first dungeon of the game (well and other ones too). I put it under spoilers but it's not spoiling anything regarding story, it's about a gameplay mechanic.

I've played P4G before this one but I don't remember well (or even know if it's the same in this one). When they say "you have XXdays to finish the dungeon, then it'll be game over", if they give you, let's say 10 days, and you finish it on the 2nd day, the game brings you automaticaly to the 10th day and the story goes on, or they give you the 8 extra days until to do whatever you want (go school, shopping, social links etc)? I don't remember that... And I wouldn't like to finish the dungeons too fast and then losing XX days that I could use to improve skills/social links etc.

Thanks!

you dont lose any days for completing palaces early

ramyeon

Thanks!
There is no time skip if you finish dungeons early in Persona, nope.

Thanks!

You keep the Extra days to do whatever.

Controller protip for anyone unaware: you can hold down the action button (I think it's "X"? For jump, climb, etc) to automatically traverse the action point--very useful if there's a string of jumps in short succession.

It took me far too long to realise this...

Oh, I know. I'm 75 hours in. I just harbor a lot of resentment of Morgana for never letting me go out at night, so I keep him on the sidelines.

tenor.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, that 50K 7SP restoring accessory from Takemi really do make such a HUGE difference in grinding. They seriously lengthen the amount of time you can hang around in Palaces grinding EXP and money before you are forced to bail out, like seriously lengthening it.

rando14

Probably a stupid question regarding the end of Dungeon 2:

How do I send the calling card? I can see the treasure from above and the party discussed it but I can't seem to trigger the calling card!!

1) Always, always, always fuse your personas if you can get a better one. There's no benefit to keeping weak ones.

2) If you're encountering a new type of Shadow for the first time always try out everything to find their weakness. Best is if you can capture them.

1) I kind of wish Persona would take SMT's mechanic where demons (Personas) can evolve into a super-demon. Makes you feel more of an affinity with them.

2) Coming from P3 the Analysis skill confused me for a while. Seems like weaknesses/resists now only get recorded after your party discovers them in battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom