• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

What Persona should I aim for that has dodge psy to fuse into ame no uzume?

Probably a stupid question regarding the end of Dungeon 2:

How do I send the calling card? I can see the treasure from above and the party discussed it but I can't seem to trigger the calling card!!
You need to look around the area more

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oooh, just got a great Persona in time for Dungeon 2...

Jack Frost with a Fire Evasion Skill picked up from Berith. Basically a "weakless" Persona more or less.

I know and that's where I leveled up his SL like twice.

He stopped showing up there for some reason for a while now :(

At What level is your relationship whit him?

I'm asking that because there are some SLs that do that iirc. And yes, he may be one of those. Also I believe you can check the status of your relationship whit him in the menu and maybe you can get a clue about why he's not there.

Also, are you going to Mementos often?

Sometimes I wonder what my confidants and party members think of me I run up to them out of the blue, stand there with a blank look as I check my Personas and realize I don't have one with a matching arcana and then run away without talking to them before coming back like 10 minutes later out of breath like "Oh hey, let's get ramen"

LProtag

Man, that 50K 7SP restoring accessory from Takemi really do make such a HUGE difference in grinding. They seriously lengthen the amount of time you can hang around in Palaces grinding EXP and money before you are forced to bail out, like seriously lengthening it.

I've just got one on my protagonist right now and it lengthened it a ton. Saving up to get 3 more.

Saprol

Controller protip for anyone unaware: you can hold down the action button (I think it's "X"? For jump, climb, etc) to automatically traverse the action point--very useful if there's a string of jumps in short succession.
Dashing into action points also works. Uh, wouldn't recommend for scenarios where you don't want to bump into things though.

Man, that 50K 7SP restoring accessory from Takemi really do make such a HUGE difference in grinding. They seriously lengthen the amount of time you can hang around in Palaces grinding EXP and money before you are forced to bail out, like seriously lengthening it.
Death and Sun confidants seriously dragged out my dungeon crawling time so far because I'm sitting there trying to extort as much money as I can out of every encounter.

Gestahl

I'm not very far in
Ann just got persona
but looking at the OP I feel pretty bad for Haru and Futaba. Are they really relegated to as little relevance as advertising gives them?

Honestly that whole OP is kind of weird, like they were afraid to give away anything from the game. Feels almost like something that was made very early on in the conception and planning phase that they never bothered fleshing out.

ramyeon

Oooh, just got a great Persona in time for Dungeon 2...

Jack Frost with a Fire Evasion Skill picked up from Berith. Basically a "weakless" Persona more or less.
Increased evasion is not going to cancel out a weakness.

Had one of these in endgame P4.
414YVl6.jpg
Totally broken.

Controller protip for anyone unaware: you can hold down the action button (I think it's "X"? For jump, climb, etc) to automatically traverse the action point--very useful if there's a string of jumps in short succession.

It took me far too long to realise this...

Holding R2 for dash also has the same effect. Real nice when backtracking.

It took me far too long to realise this...

This also happens when you hold R2 to dash. It auto-climbs and jumps.

bigjig

Almost at the final boss of dungeon 1.
9hrs in i think.
Yeah they dropped the ball a bit here.
Its been non stop forced dungeon crawling for the last two three hours with a ton of cheap encounters.
Those horseback demons are everywhere and they come in groups of 4 and they knock half my hp off per hit. I might have to summon izanagi if this goes on. I doesn't look like demons take hp damage from their physical skills. And life drain is broken as f*** considering those demons are only weak to bullets,come in groups of 4 and heal 30+hp per turn whole dealing the same damage which are limited and non rechargeable.
And why in god's name do personas take so long to level up?
It almost seems pointless to keep them past the point of you being higher levelled than them.

Is this your first Persona game? You're meant to be fusing to get better personas, not leveling them up.

1) I kind of wish Persona would take SMT's mechanic where demons (Personas) can evolve into a super-demon. Makes you feel more of an affinity with them.

2) Coming from P3 the Analysis skill confused me for a while. Seems like weaknesses/resists now only get recorded after your party discovers them in battle?

Basically whack the enemy with an attack to see how he responds to it. Either normal/weak/Strong/repeal/drain/null. I usually try out all of the four basic elements first.

I'm assuming you get a support character with a scan later on.

Alternatively if you own a Persona of that shadow, their strengths and weaknesses are already revealed. 'Boss' versions of those shadows might not have the same weaknesses

Is it me or is the woman singing the Evening song saying "I'm a shubshtitute..."?

I'm a shape-shifter

silva1991

At What level is your relationship whit him?

I'm asking that because there are some SLs that do that iirc. And yes, he may be one of those. Also I believe you can check the status of your relationship whit him in the menu and maybe you can get a clue about why he's not there.

Also, are you going to Mementos often?

Level 6.

I checked it from the menu and it says that he has a target for me or something. Maybe I need to do his mementos request.

Increased evasion is not going to cancel out a weakness.

Had one of these in endgame P4.

Totally broken.

I'm so getting this guy in this game.

ramyeon

1) I kind of wish Persona would take SMT's mechanic where demons (Personas) can evolve into a super-demon. Makes you feel more of an affinity with them.

2) Coming from P3 the Analysis skill confused me for a while. Seems like weaknesses/resists now only get recorded after your party discovers them in battle?
You're thinking of P3 after Fuuka joins you.

marzlapin

I'm still in the really early game but any tips for beating Heavenly Punishers? I beat the mini-boss one in the first dungeon but now I'm running into normal ones in the tower part that kick my ass. They don't seem to have any weaknesses and they don't always telegraph their big attacks. It just seems like a crapshoot whether I can burn them down with normal attacks before they start killing my party members in one hit. Is there a trick I'm missing? I'm only playing on normal.

ramyeon

I'm still in the really early game but any tips for beating Heavenly Punishers? I beat the mini-boss one in the first dungeon but now I'm running into normal ones in the tower part that kick my ass. They don't seem to have any weaknesses and they don't always telegraph their big attacks. It just seems like a crapshoot whether I can burn them down with normal attacks before they start killing my party members in one hit. Is there a trick I'm missing? I'm only playing on normal.
Archangel? He's weak to Zio and Curse.

They should be weak to lightning.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've just got one on my protagonist right now and it lengthened it a ton. Saving up to get 3 more.

Death and Sun confidants seriously dragged out my dungeon crawling time so far because I'm sitting there trying to extort as much money as I can out of every encounter.

Yeah I am just about to finish the 3rd dungeon and while I hesitated at first throwing 50k for my MC since my party's equipment are not optimal (money issue.......), in the end it completely worth it. Pay up 100k for another 2 and equipping them for Morgana and Makoto for extra healing/Garu/Frei attacks. Planning to grind another 50k for Ann for sure, most probably in Mementos (I haven't gone in a single trip to Mementos... maybe I should do that.... but those days can be spent raising Social Stat or Confidants tho.... gahhhh.)

The usefulness of the SP accessory alone plus the various restorative items you can purchase off from Takemi really makes upgrading Death something that is essentially must be done for all players in all playthroughs, regardless whether they find her story/character interesting or not.

Btw... Sun confidant huh... hmmmm... so far I have neglected him, to be honest.

I recall these being weak to Zio spells

Perineum

The more I play the more I feel this game is like soul food.

itsbeen84years.gif since a JRPG this good graced us. It instantly reminds me why I loved games so much growing up. When JRPGs were all amazing back to back.

If this game maintains itself to the finish, then it could surpass Persona 4 as my GOAT.

Did the first few days really like how stylish everything is and how fast the game gets going. My only real issue is movement and camera. I really wish the camera wasn't fully controlled by the player in the real world.

I'm a shape-shifter

I'll believe you.

...for now.

Man, I love love love love love how ranking up people's social links specifically affects and deals with the things they can do for you such as the doctor giving you new medicine or discounts or the
teacher letting you cut class
, or the abilities your party members gain being based on whatever lesson they learned or experience they had.

It's such a strong way of connecting.

LiK

5/7 spoilers

Omg, I'm laughing at this cutscene.
Cat turning into a bus in the collective consciousness. What a great reference to My Neighbor Totoro.

Edit: jebus, beaten. scary coincidence

ramyeon

Yes...but I thought Morgana filled the same function with the Analysis option. Or maybe I haven't got far enough yet.
Morgana doesn't have an Analysis type Persona. He fills the role of Mitsuru/Teddie. Whereas Fuuka and Rise had Persona that solely focused on support rather than battle.

Is it a good investment to blow all of my cash on the strongest SP regen accessory right off the bat? The ¥100,000 yen one.

I'm currently expecting a big payday from raiding the third palace. But it would set back my expenses for awhile... no more maids for the rest of the month >_>;

Dammit, I need to have max S. Links on my New Game+ just so I can be a total asshole in all my social links cause these responses are amazing.

DAMMIT BECKY I FEEL NOTHING! NOTHING!

Perineum

Oh I forgot to ask:

What is the name of the "main theme" you hear in the game? Plays most often in Leblanc, and seems to have a vocal variant as well later on?

I keep humming it. Loving it. I can't find it online on youtube? I know I have the OST since I got the collectors edition, but I am unsure what # or #s those tracks are.

Anyone?

CSX

Lol at this Ann and Ryuji dungeon dialogue

paraphrasing...
Ann " Just me or does our school attract the weirdest teachers?"
Ryuji " Yeah they tend to ask random questions during class"

Is it a good investment to blow all of my cash on the strongest SP regen accessory right off the bat? The ¥100,000 yen one.

I'm currently expecting a big payday from raiding the third palace. But it would set back my expenses for awhile... no more maids for the rest of the month >_>;

Get the S. Link to level 7 and it literally cuts the price in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom