• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Haven't played Berseria yet. Sure its not recolors?

I miss back in the PS2 days where costumes are actually in the game, and can be got by doing side quests or whatever.
Recolors and a mascot. Tales has a retarded price for dlc but id say with customization and everything its still decent.
Here even the free dlc is something you already get in the game and its taken away from you after a while if you dont have dlc

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Question, is the steelbook in the EU TYH edition exactly the same as the standalone one? I mean shrinkwrap, barcode everything?
I'm annoyed to no end that I'll get my TYH on Friday because I made the mistake to preorder on Amazon.de (prime) on day 1, so I'm thinking about buying the steelbook separately and send them back the one from the TYH edition.

JJShadow

3 hours in and the art style of this game is something else, that victory theme and the post-battle results screen are glorious. I've been playing on my Vita and remote play works like a charm for this one

By the way, the steelbook is so fucking beautiful, can post some pictures if anyone wants so

Has anyone's CE from Amazon been shipped?

On my orders list, it was supposed to ship on 31st March 2017, and it's been more than a day now with the date now replaced with "Shipping Soon" and my CC hasn't been charged yet as well.

Have pre-ordered it since last June.

cj_iwakura

I feel like that aforementioned bit should be consider a spoiler. If it's not revealed in trailers, be considerate and tag it.

Bladenic

On my orders list, it was supposed to ship on 31st March 2017, and it's been more than a day now with the date now replaced with "Shipping Soon" and my CC hasn't been charged yet as well.

Same exact thing here, but it still says it's arriving Tuesday. Oh well, I'm starting a new job this week so I won't have the time to fully devote to the game until the weekend anyway.

I feel like that aforementioned bit should be consider a spoiler. If it's not revealed in trailers, be considerate and tag it.

Well to be fair even the official website refereed to
him as a he
before the game was even released. Though since it does bother so many people it prob should be spoiler ed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how many main story dungeons are there in this game? pm me or spoiler tag it, please bc not everyone wants to know

thanks!

I just wanna say I hate all of you who have an early copy. That's all.

you should - i've already clocked 8 hours in and it's been glorrriousss

Mendrox

I just wanna say I hate all of you who have an early copy. That's all.

Me too. I still can't believe that the game is sold out in local shops in Germany before release. They got shipment yesterday morning and evening it was sold out everywhere. New charge on Monday from Austria -_-

silva1991

Is there that much content, or is the prologue just long?

I don't remember how many hours it took me to get to the first dungeon, but it didn't feel longer than P4 to me.

It's certainly bigger than Yukiko's dungeon. I have no doubt the other dungeons will be bigger, but we'll see.

edit: keep in mind that i'm really slow and I reaaly take my time with my games lol.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
How strict is the schedule to try and max out all the confidants in one playthrough? Cause I think I messed up a day or two :

It's not that strict, and the first month or so of the game is pretty lenient since you're still just being eased into it.
The only "guide" I used was a list of all the optimal dialogue choices for confidants, and made sure to bring a Persona of the matching arcana.
With that, and careful use of time saving techniques, you should be able to max them all in your first playthrough without much difficulty.

Here are some of the confidant skills I'd recommend making use of to save time:
(Minor spoilers, just info on what abilities some confidants give you)
The Fortune arcana's confidant lets you pay to increase your bond with people without having to spend time with them, and that helps a tonne - but it gets pretty pricey.

The Sun arcana's confidant gives you a skill at rank 2 that lets you request additional money in negotiations, and that can really easily be exploited to earn a shit tonne of money. This skill actually gets replaced with the option to "demand a large sum of money" sometimes if you go past rank 3, but it's actually not as much money as you can get from the rank 2 skill, so be aware of that.

The Death arcana's confidant will allow you to purchase accessories (and then eventually discount them) that automatically restore your SP each turn, and this will basically eliminate the worry of running out of SP mid dungeon completely. These are expensive, but with the above skill that shouldn't be a problem.

The Temperance arcana's confidant will let you slack off in class, which you can use to read, study, or craft items - all of which will increase your social parameters. And the rank 10 ability from that one stops you from being tired when returning from dungeons, meaning you can still go out at night.

haolee

Neo Member
Is there that much content, or is the prologue just long?

Not really. I was slogging along and still finished the first dungeon in around 8 hours. 27 hours is too long, since IMO the first dungeon is one of the most boring. The sudden stops and starts didn't help either. But you play how you play.

yep - you can wrap up a palace in a day, get tons of cash for recovery items and be back to the adventure / social stuff in no time

Keep in mind, using the Safety difficulty could easily mean you screw your chances of getting the trophy for
hearing 250 navigator lines
. I played the game on Easy last year and managed to get the trophy around 3/4ths into the main story, and even on Easy dungeons can still be a struggle. SP conservation is almost impossible in the first few dungeons.

GHound

Recolors and a mascot. Tales has a retarded price for dlc but id say with customization and everything its still decent.
Here even the free dlc is something you already get in the game and its taken away from you after a while if you dont have dlc

Don't forget the server uniform and swimwear. The latter ended up being what I used for Velvet because it was a balance between not being a shit design like her default outfit and not being completely out of place like the server uniform, mascot costumes and that other one from the opening that just didn't feel right using for story reasons.

Only screenshot I could find of it. Thanks share button blocking companies! :D
oh119dtv3xiw247ulrdj.jpg

haolee

Neo Member
how many main story dungeons are there in this game? pm me or spoiler tag it, please bc not everyone wants to know

thanks!

Seven main dungeons(based on "cases") and one final, shorter dungeon divided in 2 parts.

Maid & Butler, and Christmas ones are free. lol

Oh well, at least they are free unlike Tales of that make you buy every single costume, no freebies there.
Those are free but the release dates are absolutely ridiculous. Atlus really wants us to buy their expensive costumes.

QsML6GKC6.gif

Me too. I still can't believe that the game is sold out in local shops in Germany before release. They got shipment yesterday morning and evening it was sold out everywhere. New charge on Monday from Austria -_-
I've bought this digitally so no Persona 5 for me until April 4th :(

TheFatMan

I've posted this like 4 times in this thread already....but here goes.

Amazon's "Shipping by whatever date" predictions are garbage. Sometimes the game won't ship until Sunday night or Monday morning. In the 15-20 games I've pre-ordered on Amazon, almost all of them have shipped Sunday or Monday and only once have I still not received it by Tuesday.

Bottom line, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Matsukaze

Just got back from the shop. Persona 5 acquired. Didn't think the store would break street date but fortune favored me. :)

I attribute my luck to the magic of April Fool's Day. I've never had a video game purchase that could be considered symbolic before lol.

Also, looks like I'm Team Dub.

And away we go!!!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
3 hours in and the game is still putting me on rails, basically, hmmmm. Quite surprising that they felt the need to rein the player in this long at the beginning.

Creepy

Got my copy yesterday at the shop, surprised to learn its not out yet...

Anyway, gonna start it now...
EDIT: I guess I'm not starting yet, no Japanese Voice DLC available at this time.

As someone that is super picky about jrpgs but loves ones with really weird and extensive combat enjoy this? I'm also a lupin super fan so the title go me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Igor's voice is weeeeird. Why did they change his VA? I am already getting used to his old voice it feels so weird hearing such a radical change for him.

I like when it's difficult and not just a spam attack high hp numbers game if that makes sense.
That's the kind of game you are looking at with Persona. Status effects are useful and at times necessary, enemies will use status effects on you and can generally take advantage of the same mechanics the player can (press turn system). Enemies are very aggressive typically, and will prioritize weakened members of your party. Very engaging combat.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I like when it's difficult and not just a spam attack high hp numbers game if that makes sense.
Try out the in-game hard mode (not the challenge mode dlc, it's just hard mode with more grinding). Pairing elemental weaknesses and managing enemy stunned states will be mandatory. You'll also have to fuse Persona intelligently to build up parties with varied elemental affinities and weaknesses to not get blown out.

Also, since every day you spend dungeon crawling is a day you could have spent doing social stuff, you'll be slightly pressured to push yourself to go as far as you can in every expedition. You'll have to prepare for the trips if you plan on min-maxing that way.

Yushi

Im guessing that bigger items, such as the TYH edition will be shipped on monday to be delivered on Tuesday.

This is my first one that I will get it not a day early. But also my first CE from amazon. Normal version of game (those that fit in the mail box) are usually early.

SaiyanRaoh

People getting early copies, meanwhile Amazon's "guaranteed release date shipping" be like
7QLz1b8.png

Oh but that's okay because I can just order it again for release date shipping and lose the credit that will have expired by now on my account.
43jUy6J.png

It's why I stopped getting new releases thru Amazon. Release day delivery,my ass. I only use Best Buy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom