• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubiblu

It's why I stopped getting new releases thru Amazon. Release day delivery,my ass. I only use Best Buy these days.

Not sure if this works in the US, but here in Australia, when an online distributor stuffs me around, I just go and re-buy the vanilla version of the game from my local EB Games (Gamestop), get to play on launch, and then just return the other copy once it comes in. I literally did it with my launch 3DS that came in a day late; possibly the most impatient person ever.

Zafir

It's why I stopped getting new releases thru Amazon. Release day delivery,my ass. I only use Best Buy these days.

What does their support say?

I'd complain. When I've had this happen on Amazon UK. At the best they've sometimes upgraded the delivery and it's arrived on release day anyway. At worst you get a free month of prime.

jiggles

Banned
I keep thinking of sarcastic replies to the dialogue only to find it's literally one of the choices on the next prompt.

This is the best protagonist in a Persona game already.

mrmickfran

Amazon said my copy was expected to ship yesterday, but nothing happened.

Looks like it's going to ship the day before launch, just like Zelda. I must live next to a distribution center.

I just hope I don't get UPS again ;_;

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
For someone like me who preordered on PSN, will the game unlock at exactly midnight ? Or will I have to wait for a specific time for it too unlock ?

Also how big is the game ? Just so I know how much I'll be downloading for pre load

Also question about the game, do your responses affect how much influence/progression in social link you have with someone, or are there no consequences for how you answer in dialogue?

M.W.

For someone like me who preordered on PSN, will the game unlock at exactly midnight ? Or will I have to wait for a specific time for it too unlock ?

Also how big is the game ? Just so I know how much I'll be downloading for pre load

Also question about the game, do your responses affect how much influence/progression in social link you have with someone, or are there no consequences for how you answer in dialogue?

Should be available midnight eastern

Me right now...

C8DDFfOXUAAkTa_.jpg:large

So erm, what's everyone's name for (5th may)
their Phantom Thieves 'guild'?

This caught me by surprise so I never planned for it lol ^^;;

Goldboy

I keep thinking of sarcastic replies to the dialogue only to find it's literally one of the choices on the next prompt.

This is the best protagonist in a Persona game already.

This is good to hear, I kinda loved being a sarcastic asshole whenever I got the chance in Persona 4

Super excited for Tuesday!! I can't believe that I'll actually be able to finally play this game, haha. Just impatiently waiting for Amazon to ship my Take Your Heart Edition ...

Igor's voice is weeeeird. Why did they change his VA? I am already getting used to his old voice it feels so weird hearing such a radical change for him.

JP va died dunno if they decided to change that in the west as well. However, he sounds more of a demon now instead of sounding like a creepy old man. I loved the old voice nostalgia and all but the new voice is great

haolee

Neo Member
Just go buy it from a store on tuesday dude :p
It's not like it's going to run out day one.

My local store got shipped the standard, Region 3 version on Thursday(Region 1 Steelbooks and TYH editions still scheduled for April 4th). Thursday, 5pm, store updated their website to let us know they have those Reg 3 copies. Thursday, 6pm, it's sold out.

People are crazy hyped about this game.

bigmac996

Guys stay away from the comments section of the Siliconera article regarding Atlus' blocking of ps4 sharing. Someone spoiled a major plot development out of nowhere. Goddammit, same thing happened to me with FFXV and some troll on reddit spoiling the ending.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
Those who have beaten the game, what was your final playtime?

Trying to guess if im going faster or slower than you guys. I have 53 hr so far and i just finished the beach trip

GHound

So yeah, don't ever switch cards on a pre-order. Just add gift card balance with the card you want to use and pay it off with that I guess.

haolee

Neo Member

Trying to guess if im going faster or slower than you guys. I have 53 hr so far and i just finished the beach trip

I finished just short of 90 hours. This was on the JP version, so a lot of those hours was dedicated to translating the lines of dialogue using my phone. But I did everything I can regarding side-activities.

_Ryo_

Asked in the other thread but I'll ask here as well as it pertains to more than just romance.

Can you reverse or break the Social links, Cofidants, Co-operations like you could in Persona 3? That's a feature that was much more toned down in Persona 4, which was imo quite disappointing.

RPGCrazied

Guys stay away from the comments section of the Siliconera article regarding Atlus' blocking of ps4 sharing. Someone spoiled a major plot development out of nowhere. Goddammit, same thing happened to me with FFXV and some troll on reddit spoiling the ending.

That's why I just stick to GAF. I'd stay away from Gamefaqs also, they tend to spoil things over there all the time too.

Dantis

Japanese version took me 86 hours.

Really interested to see how long the English version takes me.

Bladenic

I hope by Persona 6 Japan and Atlus are astoundingly more progressive and I can make my MC gay as hell i.e. You can have male romantic links (some of them already felt romantic anway).

Tunoku

Went to a small store today to see if I could find a copy, but they were apparently already sold out. So I put in my PSN preorder and according to the unlock countdown the preload is going up on Sunday. Only 54 hours to go!

(Also, I'm double dipping. I still have a Take Your Heart edition preorder that's not arriving before April 10th.)

Xeteh

Does the protagonist have a canon name? I suck at naming characters and I'd rather just go with a default.

StereoVsn

Is there pre-load? I have a PSN preorder and would love just start at midnight on the 4th without waiting for 20GB+ download.

Opa-Pa

I hope by Persona 6 Japan and Atlus are astoundingly more progressive and I can make my MC gay as hell i.e. You can have male romantic links (some of them already felt romantic anway).

I think it'd be cool if they let us choose our gender already and both MCs could date all the male and female options already. There's really no strong argument against letting us choose our gender, at least, since being a dude never impacts anything outside of hinting "canon" romances with one of the main girls.

MTC100

Banned

Fireox' german start page showed this to me a few days ago:

srplkmhcp6pixaud2qdqzepuy0.png

It says: "This is an important notice, it is always correct: Never read the comments" And the yellow guy is a troll that holds his hands before its face and removes them in an animated Gif :D

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
I clear palaces in two or three days.. and
mementos
runs in one day. So with the extra time I get to work, social stuff and fishing. I be having mad days to myself.

hmm, thats pretty much what i have been doing too. 1 day at palace until roadblock, another day to clear and the rest for socializing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom