• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Need help with a side mission
- forget the name of it but its the one where the atore owner is stealing 50000 yen and blackmailing the employee.... what floor in mementos is it?!? Ive been all over and nothing is popping up.... and i cant move past floor 7...
thanks!

Have you finished the second dungeon?

I think that's the one you can get before finishing it, but you can't actually get to the area where it's at until you finish the second dungeons storyline.

I made the same mistake and had to reload the save i made before so I didn't waste an evening in Mementos for nothing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Also at first I initially thought I am gonna stick with MC + Ryuji + Anne + Morgana as the main party since sticking with the first three is the thing that I always have done in previous Persona games...

..........but man............ Makoto....

FluxWaveZ

Dammit, just lost 30 minutes or so because I was being too reckless and overconfident while dungeon crawling. A certain party member of mine kept repeating how it was important to go to safe rooms during that period, too...

FluxWaveZ

Also at first I initially thought I am gonna stick with MC + Ryuji + Anne + Morgana as the main party since sticking with the first three is the thing that I always have done in previous Persona games...

..........but man............ Makoto....

You don't really need to make that choice, right?

[Confidant ability spoiler] Given the
Star Confidant level 1 ability.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
When do I get to start working on Anns S Link? I can't find her anywhere. Any requirements I needed to know beforehand?

Only charm level 2. You can find her hanging around in Underground Mall.

You don't really need to make that choice, right?

[Confidant ability spoiler] Given the
Star Confidant level 1 ability.

I mostly use characters based on their personality and not by their usefulness, hahaha. And I have not unlocked Star yet, still on the verge of completing the 3rd main dungeon.

Not to mention equipping all the characters with proper equipment is just way too severe in terms of money, so I tend to focus on just four including the MC while the rest gets hand-me-down equipment, hahaha.

Diablos54

Don't usually buy games full price (especially not digitally), but I'm sure Persona 5 will be worth it! 20 minutes left to go!!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Have you finished the second dungeon?

I think that's the one you can get before finishing it, but you can't actually get to the area where it's at until you finish the second dungeons storyline.

I made the same mistake and had to reload the save i made before so I didn't waste an evening in Mementos for nothing.

Dude! Thanks for responding -
i have finished the 2nd dungeon.... got this quest while waiting for the dealine so i decided to do it and i couldnt access it!
Such bullshit.... made me waste a full day and night... and i didnt have a recent save so i had to just deal... such garbage....

Warning to all players dont do the quest
where the store owner is stealing and blackmailing the employee...until you unlock floor 8 of momentous

First palace question, I skipped about 3 chests that were locked because I had no lockpicks, If I complete the palace, can I go back and get those?

Perineum

First palace question, I skipped about 3 chests that were locked because I had no lockpicks, If I complete the palace, can I go back and get those?

No. Palaces go away when you complete them so no going back.

If you can, create 2 lock picks, go into the dungeon, save in a room, then process of elimination open 2, reload, find the one you didn't, then reload once more to see which of those 3 are worth your time.

No. You can go back before fighting the boss and pick all the shit up.

No. Palaces go away when you complete them so no going back.

If you can, create 2 lock picks, go into the dungeon, save in a room, then process of elimination open 2, reload, find the one you didn't, then reload once more to see which of those 3 are worth your time.

Thanks! Glad I took a break, was about to finish it.

FluxWaveZ

I only just realized that you can shake down a shadow for money, and then decide to just kill them off through an all-out attack after you get the cash instead of letting them go. Never really paid much attention to that, but I should have earlier since it's the better way to get more money.

Xeteh

I love the sequence of establish bond > fade to present interrogation to add importance > fade back to that music kicking in.

Yeah, especially since the way that Sae phrases it always points to exactly (some times to an exaggerated degree) the area of expertise of each one. Its great, I love it. Now if the protag would stop looking undead each time.

I only just realized that you can shake down a shadow for money, and then decide to just kill them off through an all-out attack after you get the cash instead of letting them go. Never really paid much attention to that, but I should have earlier since it's the better way to get more money.

Holy shit... really? To you have to time it just right or anything? Like does the prompt disappear right after getting the cash or does it stay up until they've fully retreated?

Xeteh

7/9 spoilers

Man, Sae treats Makoto like shit. I'm sure by the end of the game she comes around but each time it shows Makoto at home I'm ready for Sae to be all Super Bitch.

Wait what?

Can't remember if you can do this before Sun rank 2 or not but
Sun rank 2 let's you try for money more than once and the all out attack option is still there after each successful try.

I was not even paying attention, I just kept shaking down for more money until they left or attacked me.

Becky, what the fuck am I paying you for if I clean my room before you get here and you crash on my bed?!

I really messed up in turning the difficulty to safe. I thought the only difference from Easy was the ability to retry a game over battle. Oh well, I definitely play these games mostly for the story and Slinks...I still feel pretty bad about it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, Sun is a guaranteed rank up every time.

Nice, good to know.

Any other Confidant work this way?

Upgrading Ann from 7 to 8 requires more than one extra meeting, even when I chose the best possible answers in her Confidant scene with a Lover persona. Man was I annoyed when I find out that I will need more than one extra Hanging Out with her to upgrade... the points required seems so excessive ;_;

BADMAN

Do you guys think Igor ever gets tired of listening to the Velvet Room music? I mean it's a fantastic track but listening to it on repeat for over a decade must be rough.

Jintor

I was not even paying attention, I just kept shaking down for more money until they left or attacked me.

Becky, what the fuck am I paying you for if I clean my room before you get here and you crash on my bed?!

Dude, what is anyone paying for a meido really paying for even if it's not totally suss

Xeteh

Do you guys think Igor ever gets tired of listening to the Velvet Room music? I mean it's a fantastic track but listening to it on repeat for over a decade must be rough.

He pumps Babymetal when you're not in there.

Where do I find the password for the second dungon, the one that's about
Madasame's feet?

Its somewhere in there, you passed it just recently and they even pointed it out to talk about it.

The base of the gold statue of himself.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, especially since the way that Sae phrases it always points to exactly (some times to an exaggerated degree) the area of expertise of each one. Its great, I love it. Now if the protag would stop looking undead each time.

I'm not the only one who notices when it switches to the interrogation scene, the silhouette of the MC makes it look like he's holding a knife?

Zolo

Is there a downside to negotiating with enemies over finishing them off? It doesn't seem like there's any EXP difference.

ramyeon

Is there a downside to negotiating with enemies over finishing them off? It doesn't seem like there's any EXP difference.
If you recruit them or let them flee after getting money/items then you don't get XP from any enemies you didn't kill.

First dungeon soundtrack question: name of the track that plays as you go back into get the treasure from Kamashima that was in the fourth main trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom