• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frimaire

Yeah, especially since the way that Sae phrases it always points to exactly (some times to an exaggerated degree) the area of expertise of each one. Its great, I love it. Now if the protag would stop looking undead each time.

This always makes me laugh trying to think of what she's going to say each time.
"You couldn't have done this on your own, you would have needed the help of... some weird... little girl twins... Admit it! I'm onto you!"

Tunoku

I helped out Sojiro 4 times now and still no hint at a rank up (I'm level 3 with him). Pretty crazy. (I have a Hierophant with me)

Lingitiz

Not to toot this horn too loudly, but I really wish this was a portable game. I'm finished with the first dungeon now and definitely feeling a bit of the grind and the slow pace. Would be really great to play this in short pick up and play chunks here and there.

Moaradin

Wait... (early gameplay spoilers?)
Arsene doesn't get any new skills past level 7? I know it was like that in Persona 3, but I swear P4 let you level Izanagi throughout the game. Did they change that or am I remembering wrong?

Oh snap, this cutscene later on after the 2nd dungeon really puts the MC's criminal record into perspective. Sorta explains more of what happened that we didn't see. Good to know

Get'sMad

Started this today and of course it rules even though I'm only like a week in game time wise and can't do shit yet....looking forward to this weekend when I can really dig in and have the game open up.

This always makes me laugh trying to think of what she's going to say each time.
"You couldn't have done this on your own, you would have needed the help of... some weird... little girl twins... Admit it! I'm onto you!"

Oh god I'm glad I'm not the only one giggling about the possibilities.

[you meet a guy who has a sandwich shop]

[months start flying by]

"You know the one thing that bothers me is who was feeding you? Clearly you must have had an ally who could prepare some food. Probably one involving bread and meats"

DNAbro

Arsene doesn't get any new skills past level 7? I know it was like that in Persona 3, but I swear P4 let you level Izanagi throughout the game. Did they change that or am I remembering wrong?

You are remembering wrong. Skill cards can make up for it.

Something tells me I should not try to beat the dungeon in 1 day. Also leveling is not as fast as I thought.

Eh, I try to get as far as possible in the dungeon as I can. I did the same in Persona. Did the dungeon as quickly as possible at a time, then I can have the rest of the time for activities.

Xeteh

Did he? Did I misremember Izanagi getting another big boost in P4?

Yeah, remembering wrong. Izanagi wasn't very useful for long. Though one of the social links taught you a fusion for a high level Izanagi, that might be what you're thinking of.

anyone else playing hard mode? the start was kinda rough but i think i'm getting the hang of it.

I started on Hard and then dropped it down after a few battles because I didn't want to get demolished by a single mistake. Although now it's levelled off a bit, a few hours into the game, and I'm thinking about raising it again...

Part of it is that I keep forgetting to save, plus I'm still getting used to the menus, and I'd rather not lose a bunch of progress because of something silly.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ah, right, that one. It won't go past rank 3 until
Futaba
joins the party.

Wait, increasing his Confidant is not a requirement in increasing/maxing her Confidant, right? Because I make it a policy of always maxing out party members' S. links but so far I have neglected him.

Jintor

Not to toot this horn too loudly, but I really wish this was a portable game. I'm finished with the first dungeon now and definitely feeling a bit of the grind and the slow pace. Would be really great to play this in short pick up and play chunks here and there.

Would have been dope. I don't see one for at least a year, probavly three tho

Bless your heart Mishima.

Do you guys think Igor ever gets tired of listening to the Velvet Room music? I mean it's a fantastic track but listening to it on repeat for over a decade must be rough.

Oddly no. I mean I'll sometimes skip it when listening to a Persona OST but it's kind of like the series' FF Prelude.

TheFlow

Banned
Eh, I try to get as far as possible in the dungeon as I can. I did the same in Persona. Did the dungeon as quickly as possible at a time, then I can have the rest of the time for activities.
I might do it in two days just so the boss will be easier on me and maybe have an extra lock pick

Zafir

Ah, right, that one. It won't go past rank 3 until
Futaba
joins the party.

Do you at least keep the favour you've built up...?

I mean I'm at the point where I know his
situation with Futaba
, so I understand why this happens, but it's a bit shit that it doesn't warn you in any non-spoiler way.

the portable version will be the Switch version assuming it continues to sell well. Nintendo would be dumb to not invest money with them to get the 'Gold' version on the Switch. It's not a taxing game graphically.

Oh man, they really shoulda thought about it harder before putting "BJ" on Makoto's shirt collar.
latest
Japan don't care

Shouta

Yeah, especially since the way that Sae phrases it always points to exactly (some times to an exaggerated degree) the area of expertise of each one. Its great, I love it. Now if the protag would stop looking undead each time.

It's also why the line Sae does for Ann is so funny!

Kalentan

She is one-quarter American

That explains the natural blonde hair and blue eyes and lighter skin. Though for one-quarter it seems like all of those traits came out. Then again I'm no gene expert so maybe that isn't surprising.

ramyeon

Maybe it's talked about in her social link, but I haven't started it yet but is Ann Half-Japanase and Half-Caucasian?
Some students call her a foreigner and in her S Link she mentions living with her parents in Finland but she's a quarter American. I don't even know.
That explains the natural blonde hair and blue eyes and lighter skin. Though for one-quarter it seems like all of those traits came out. Then again I'm no gene expert so maybe that isn't surprising.
It is strange. None of those are dominant genes.

Okay, I just tested it.

That poster saying you can negotiate cash and then all out attack is wrong. It's impossible. Unless you unlock that ability with a Confidant later or something (which I don't see happening).

Zolo

If you recruit them or let them flee after getting money/items then you don't get XP from any enemies you didn't kill.

*Goes back and check*

Yep. Definitely underleveled a bit since I'm Lvl7 halfway through the first dungeon (and I'm not playing merciless). Probably need to grind a bit, but I figure I'll go ahead and call it off for the dungeon at the moment since I'm out of SP. Don't really care about trying to max all S. Links since I don't try to pick the perfect answer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom