• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time. 3 Persona games in a row now. I tell myself I won't get absorbed into it. And here we are,15 hours into the game since Tuesday evening. Thank god I have social obligations this weekend, otherwise I would not leave the couch for anything but water and bathroom breaks.

Otherwise, game is living up to the hype the world and myself has set up for it.
I'm going to marry the clinic doctor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All these posts talking about one shots and how hard it is are making me feel worried, maybe I should have gone for easy instead of normal. I cba restarting games midway because I fucked something up.

Saprol

I'm fully convinced these VAs are trolling with their pronunciations of Sakamoto's name. No other explanation I can think of.
They were directed by Atlus to say it that way.

All these posts talking about one shots and how hard it is are making me feel worried, maybe I should have gone for easy instead of normal. I cba restarting games midway because I fucked something up.

You can change difficulty in config at any time. Except in the case of the lowest difficulty Safe, which will lock you in.

Have people using decent speakers (i.e. not your TV's built in stuff) noticed the low quality VO? I don't mean acting or writing, I mean the quality of the sound itself. It sounds like clipping, especially when characters make S sounds.

I've tried adjusting many settings on my receiver with no luck. I've also tested with several other games on PS4 that don't have the issue.

Zyrox

Another hour lost. Why is merciless so....merciless? Getting ambushed is basically death. Not switching difficulty though. I'm too stubborn for that.

Have people using decent speakers (i.e. not your TV's built in stuff) noticed the low quality VO? I don't mean acting or writing, I mean the quality of the sound itself. It sounds like clipping, especially when characters make S sounds.

I've tried adjusting many settings on my receiver with no luck. I've also tested with several other games on PS4 that don't have the issue.

Running a receiver with decent speakers and haven't noticed this at all. Sorry.

I started on Hard and then dropped it down after a few battles because I didn't want to get demolished by a single mistake. Although now it's levelled off a bit, a few hours into the game, and I'm thinking about raising it again...

Part of it is that I keep forgetting to save, plus I'm still getting used to the menus, and I'd rather not lose a bunch of progress because of something silly.

yea but i think sp was the big issue for me. it's hard to be stingy when you need every bit of it to exploit weaknesses. maybe it's less of an issue later when i get more access to items. i will endure for a while longer.

Shiki-Ouji is a preety legit persona somewhat early in the game(Beat the 2nd dungeon and enjoying freetime/Doing momentos request)

Having 3 nulls; physical, bullet, and curse is quite rare for a persona at this stage

FluxWaveZ

Okay, I just tested it.

That poster saying you can negotiate cash and then all out attack is wrong. It's impossible. Unless you unlock that ability with a Confidant later or something (which I don't see happening).

It's not wrong; I'm literally going through my current dungeon doing it over and over. However, it seems I forgot that you only gain the ability to do this after you achieve a certain Confidant level.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just beat the third dungeon, and I feel like I'm really mismanaging my time. I have...

4 Knowledge
3 Guts
2 Everything else

About 5 S. Links sitting around level 3 or 4 (Hierophant never wants to rank up, wtf)

About 2 more sitting around level 6 or 7

I complete every dungeon on the earliest available date to make up for my non guide using terrible time management skills

Something Niijima dropped at the beginning of the game that makes me curious every time we get a new target was how she said we were
even responsible for some deaths

Also I'm totally romancing
Makoto just so I can tell Niijima I banged her sister
. I really wish there was a special scene for that.

Just beat the third dungeon, and I feel like I'm really mismanaging my time. I have...

4 Knowledge
3 Guts
2 Everything else

About 5 S. Links sitting around level 3 or 4 (Hierophant never wants to rank up, wtf)

About 2 more sitting around level 6 or 7

I complete every dungeon on the earliest available date to make up for my non guide using terrible time management skills

Knowledge takes like 3 to 4 times more gains from point to point so getting it to 4 must've taken you a LOT of time that other things could be raised faster maybe. I dunno.

It happens there's no way to avoid it, it's game of Rock Paper Scissors. Be fusing personas to combat against different attacks, try finding enemies weaknesses and you'll be fine.

Ps: always save, cause I've lost like 1hr yesterday.

This doesn't have pro support, right?

Nope and it won't. It released before the pro mandate (remember it's a PS3 game) but the art style hides it well.

tm24

I'll try asking here. There's a japanese wiki guide out there. Anyone else using it? So im more or less able to follow the guide due with Google's translation, but does anyone know what goes on on days that are listed as blanks? Are those just grind days and story event days?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shiki-Ouji is a preety legit persona somewhat early in the game(Beat the 2nd dungeon and enjoying freetime/Doing momentos request)

Having 3 nulls; physical, bullet, and curse is quite rare for a persona at this stage

Keep him for the 3rd dungeon, he will be massively helpful.

Many monsters with physical attacks there. Also monsters with weaknesses to Frei (nuclear)/Light/Psy skills are showing up too, so prepare those as well. I was having a terrible time there before I got Shiki-Ouji and fused Personas with those skills.

kagamin

I'm at 6/27 and my stats are 3 Knowledge, 3 Guts, 3 Charm, 2 Kindness, and 2 Proficiency, how am I doing? I already have a few of my confidant at high ranks as well so I think I'm juggling things well.

Liking the game so far but hate the camera. MC not being able to be revived and being ambushed by enemies that one shot your whole party are also lame. The game also really likes to force you to do what it wants and it's frustrating when you have other plans

It happens there's no way to avoid it, it's game of Rock Paper Scissors. Be fusing personas to combat against different attacks, try finding enemies weaknesses and you'll be fine.

Ps: always save, cause I've lost like 1hr yesterday.

Nope and it won't. It released before the pro mandate (remember it's a PS3 game) but the art style hides it well.
Thanks. A shame but fair enough :)

Whales

Banned
Started the game , couldn't play for very much yet though

But the reason why the MC gets ( at the start)
arrested/changed schools
is really stupid?

They couldn't have come up with better than that? lol

FluxWaveZ

arrested/changed schools
is really stupid?

You need to play further into the game. It's intentionally vague.

btkadams

arrested/changed schools
is really stupid?

I'm 15 hours in and that's still the dumbest thing about the game that I've experienced so far. I don't get it either.

sapples

Neo Member

Yep I notice this too. Tried it on my Philips Fidelio X2 headphones and on my home theater system and its like that on both. The S kind of sounds like a scratchy hiss, Similar to watching a movie with a mediocre bitrate. Lowering the quality of the VO's probably was to save space I would guess.

Finally finished the game with clocking in 113hrs in
Didn't 100% completely so onward to ng+

This journey has been a crazy ride from the beginning to the end.
You would think you seen the obvious but they throw more left curves at you. This game did everything better than 4 and 3 in terms of game play. Won't comment on graphics because it's not the reason I play these games. Story is a huge improvement over 4 and slightly to 3. I would say this game is a great starting point for newcomers if they can get past the tutorial.

The confidants are excellent as they really tied into the theme of being the phantom thieves while also affecting the gameplay.

Anyone who is nervous about getting the true end route

Its not really difficult compare to 4 as long you pay attention to the cutscenes and pick the right choices

Also for anyone going for the harem route
Enjoy Valentine's Day LOL

If anyone has questions feel free to ask

bryt

I'm sad when you unlock trophies there is no screenshot :( I like to look back at them after I finish a game usually just to relive it.

mstevens

Finally finished the game with clocking in 113hrs in
Didn't 100% completely so onward to ng+

This journey has been a crazy ride from the beginning to the end.
You would think you seen the obvious but they throw more left curves at you. This game did everything better than 4 and 3 in terms of game play. Won't comment on graphics because it's not the reason I play these games. Story is a huge improvement over 4 and slightly to 3. I would say this game is a great starting point for newcomers if they can get past the tutorial.

The confidants are excellent as they really tied into the theme of being the phantom thieves while also affecting the gameplay.

Anyone who is nervous about getting the true end route

Its not really difficult compare to 4 as long you pay attention to the cutscenes and pick the right choices

Also for anyone going for the harem route
Enjoy Valentine's Day LOL

If anyone has questions feel free to ask

Is (your romance spoiler) the only punishment or does it go beyond that day?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Knowledge takes like 3 to 4 times more gains from point to point so getting it to 4 must've taken you a LOT of time that other things could be raised faster maybe. I dunno.
Does it? I'm kinda glad I'm getting it done first then.

Adults are Bad, the game.
To be fair, they frame it this way, but the game does a good job of portraying kids as terrible people, too. They say a lot of lines that amount to "adults suck!" but the adults don't seem particularly worse than the bad kids, they're just in higher positions of power and capable of stronger evils because of it.

Yep I notice this too. Tried it on my Philips Fidelio X2 headphones and on my home theater system and its like that on both. The S kind of sounds like a scratchy hiss, Similar to watching a movie with a mediocre bitrate. Lowering the quality of the VO's probably was to save space I would guess.

this is for the english va, right? because i don't notice anything.

sounds like tales of xillia english. they had a low quality hiss there too.

bryt

You can get more than 1 request at a time right? I want to stockpile them then do a bunch in one go to save days.

Jiraiza

Hmm, end of the first dungeon:

Anyone find it kind of crappy Ryuji didn't get a special mention from Kamoshida in his confession? It ended up revolving around Ann more than it did him, even though he was seemingly the bigger victim out of all this; he got a fucked up leg and kicked out of the track team and everyone in the school hates him.

Just finished that part, so maybe there's more to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom